FAQ's and Common Suggestions

1234568»

Comments

• edited May 2022
    -
  • Oh, the planeswalker generator seems to be broken again. 
  • Made Planeswalker
    Testy McTesterson
  • @Corwinnn I think the image is broken…
  • I did delete it, so maybe that's why it's broken
  • I was just thinking about making a card with Level Up, only to realize I don't know how I'd do that on here.  Guessing it's not an option yet.
    Also, I was wondering, since there are other custom card sites, could you provide an option to add an entire card as an image, rather than just the art portion so we can add cards we've made elsewhere without having to type everything in, and so we can go elsewhere to make cards with features that aren't here yet?
  • @StuffnSuch
    I did a spin on cumulative upkeep that you could mimic for level up:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/stampede-vanguard
  • can I suggest a colorless mana and more colorless frame?
  • Hey folks! I'm a new user, but a few things I immediately ran into that would be great to have:
    - Saga/Class/Battle card frames
    - Being able to mark a card/s as "Private" so they're not publicly searchable/visible
    - Being able to upload a custom set symbol
    - Would only matter for Premium, but being able to have art just be blank as a placeholder to be filled in later
    - Land frame doesn't seem to match the colour of the land? Automatically goes to colourless. (For reference, tried with just a basic Plains)
    - Being able to change text size more specifically would be great.
    - 0 should be available as an input for power/toughness. There aren't many creatures with 0 toughness, but there are plenty with 0 power.

I know that's a fair bit, but thanks for reading! What you already have is still pretty great, and helpful in a project I'm working on.
  • Hi @ijtro
    Hopefully can help with a couple of these. Workarounds that are easy enough:

- Being able to upload a custom set symbol (you can if you have premium)
    - Would only matter for Premium, but being able to have art just be blank as a placeholder to be filled in later (you can upload a blank image yourself: like a screenshot of a black square works great) - of course you need premium to edit it after the fact
    - Land frame doesn't seem to match the colour of the land? Automatically goes to colourless. (Manually set the card color - see where to do this in the image below)

- 0 should be available as an input for power/toughness. There aren't many creatures with 0 toughness, but there are plenty with 0 power. (0 is available for input. If it resets to *, just change it back to 0 before hitting preview or publish)
  • Been posting in a couple other threads but I think uploading custom images for set symbols isn't working atm. Really killed my mood for finishing a set I'm making. Doesn't work on my phone either so and the links are working fine on their own so I don't have a clue why I get this error when trying to preview a card with a custom set symbol.
  • What about of adding the color indicator?
  • Yo, what happened to the "Featured" card?
  • @Chairforce sometimes it slips a day or two, don't worry about it I'm sure it'll be back up shortly 🙂
  • Is there any way to skip the upload card artwork section of creating a card when editing it?   Like, just have a button for "Keep Current Artwork" would be fine, or, perhaps editing a card could just go to the main card design page, since you can always click on the "re-upload artwork" option from there.  I really don't like having to hunt down art when adjusting a card every single time, especially since I design on more than one device, and when I stumble across a typo or formatting error or whatever, it really sucks to have to then remember where I even saved the art in the first place.
  • @StuffnSuch - No. We've been told it would be impossible on a few standpoints. On the bright side... you can edit the card!