You May Be a CARDsmith, But Are You a WORDSmith?

Comments

• Alright, let's recap the words that were prompts as of the 24th when I made my absence announcement! (I'll still not be able to make cards with my prompts regularly for another busy week, but I'll be able to give my prompts to you!)

4/24/22
    Euxinia n. — anoxia, or depletion of oxygen, in a body of water, along with a high level of hydrogen sulfide, a condition toxic to aquatic organisms.
    (I hope someone can make a creative card with this!)

4/25/22
    Paludal a. — of or relating to marshes.
    Thanks to @jaceberlin for reporting the word of the day here!

4/26/22
    Curmudgeonly a. — (especially of an old person) bad-tempered and negative.

4/27/22
    Ephemeral a. — lasting a very short time; short-lived; transitory. ;; n. — anything short-lived, as certain insects.

4/28/22
    Nubilous a. — cloudy or foggy.

4/29/22
    Sardonic a. — characterized by bitter or scornful derision; mocking; sneering; cynical.

4/30/22
    Skookum a. — large; powerful; impressive.

5/1/22
    Makai av. — toward or by the sea; seaward.

5/2/22
    Saturnian a. — prosperous, happy, peaceful.

5/3/22
    Communiqué n. — an official bulletin or communication, usually to the press or public.

— — — — — — — — — —

Words of the Day! May 4th!
    Saber n. — a heavy, one-edged sword, usually slightly curved, used especially by cavalry.
  • Looks like Equipment time
  • Just in time for Star Wars day! 
  • @KorandAngels May the 4th be with you
  • Words of the Day! May 5th!
    Foliose a. — Bearing numerous leaves; leafy ;; Of, relating to, or resembling a leaf.
  • Words of the Days! May 6th to May 8th!

Disambiguate v. — to remove the ambiguity from; make unambiguous.

Tatterdemalion a. — ragged; unkempt or dilapidated.

Echinate a. — bristly; prickly.
  • Folks, today's word of the day is an easy one!

Accomplish v. (used with object) — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish
  • Word of the Day! May 10th!
    Auriferous a. — yielding or containing gold.
  • Alright, so I'm doubting in my ability to keep up with this over the summer consistently. That being said, I have been finding this to be useful for inspiration, and I hope it has for you too. As such, I'll be trying to find a day each week to compile a list of words for that week. 
  • edited May 2022
    Words of the Day May 11-15!

ineluctable a. — incapable of being evaded; inescapable.
    quiescent a. — being at rest; inactive or motionless; quiet; still.
    baksheesh n. — a tip, present, or gratuity.
    bilious a. — extremely unpleasant or distasteful.
    toxophilite n. — a devotee of archery; archer.

I'll be back with this week's words tonight!
  • edited May 2022
    Words of the Week! 5/16 - 5/22

cherubic a. — of or having the nature of a cherub, or an angel represented as a rosy-cheeked child with wings; angelic.
    couloir n. — A deep mountainside gorge or gully.
    unguis n. — a nail, claw, or hoof.
    laminous a. — composed of, or arranged in, thin plates, scales, or layers.
    imbibe v. — to consume liquid; to drink.
    voceriferate v. — to call out loudly; to bellow.
    apogee n. — apex; the highest or most distant point; climax.
  • I will try and do some of them if they line up with the cards i'm creating

• Biblically accurate cherub.
  • Biblically accurate angels are scary lmao
  • Is today imbibe?

• Actually the "biblically accurate angels" are specific castes of angelic being, and human-looking angels are described in the Bible. 
  • Yes, but the humanoid angels are not the majority.
  • I think the vast majority of angels mentioned in the Bible are undescribed. 
  • edited May 2022
    Whoops

• edited May 2022
    I should have give a look at the forums sooner! That's a very inspiring little challenge, thank you @Ranshi for sharing all that precise vocabulary! I think that's often something that I get missing on personally, in the way I express myself in english, and that ends up being a limit for giving a nice flavor to some custom card designs (I'm not a very cultivated individual when it comes to litterature haha). So that's a spicy list of selected, refreshing, words to learn about!

I'm a bit late on the week for what I see that were the deadlines, but it inspired me to create a little custom keyword for apogee.

apogee n. — apex; the highest or most distant point; climax

https: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bathing-in-riches-6

EDIT: (Several) re-upload(s) of the design as I slightly decided to slightly change the mechanic. (Thanks to Arceus it should be fine now!)
  • @Shelko, I'm glad to help! And if my inability to keep up with this regularly shows anything, deadlines don't matter here! This thread is here for people to learn and be inspired!
  • Words of the week! 5/23-5/29

tenebrific a. — producing darkness.
    hootenanny n. — an informal session at which folk singers and instrumentalists perform for their own enjoyment.
    carapace n. — a bony or chitinous shield, test, or shell covering some or all of the dorsal part of an animal, as of a turtle.
    malapropism n. — an act or habit of misusing words ridiculously, especially by the confusion of words that are similar in sound.
    prejacent a. — obsolete; preexisting.
    lotic a. — of, relating to, or living in actively moving water
    absquatulate v. — to leave abruptly.
  • Ah, late again. Today is carapace, correct?

• @Ashdust_II, yes, though this is by no means a strict day by day! I'm just wanting to spread vocab (bc I'm a nerd) and to inspire cards!
  • Pagoda

noun

A temple or sacred building, usually a pyramid-like tower and typically having upward-curving roofs over the individual stories.

• Ok, I'm bringing this back! Every week, I will be posting a word for y'all to use!
  • I'll be posting words in the range of Friday-Monday, with an accompanying card every week! I already have my word planned for the upcoming post, get ready Cardsmiths and Wordsmiths!