Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• Sweet!
    Zombie killers UNITE!!!

Oh, and I will most certainly have myself a box of De-Zombified Mystery at your leisure!
  • @Potato13
    Your prizes
    • Prize 45 - Deja vu: This mystery box instead becomes your previous mystery box, except it gains a prize if it had none. [Accept] or [Decline]
    • Prize 30 - Pauper's Treasures: Choose Solo, Duel, Moshpit, Modifier - Commons only
    @cadstar369
    Your prize
    • Prize 65 - A friendly game of...: Challenge jpastor to your choice of a checkers, chess, or scrabble game on a free app. If you win the match, you get the mystery box avatar and a newly discovered prize.
    @Jadefire
    Your prize
    • Prize 11 - Cadstar's Keychain: 2-5 keys randomly selected are attached to a keychain. One key of your choice will open your box, the rest will open other cardsmith's boxes.
  • @Corwinnn
    Your mystery box contains:
  • Any mystery boxes lying around for me and Potato13? Also, what happens to Jadefire’s “Exterminate Zombies!” challenge now that the event has ended?
  • Also, is the Angelstone premium prize random or chosen and can I trade in the Crossbones invitational qualification for another prize?
    https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/224331#Comment_224331
  • @cadstar369
    @Potato13

Something different this time.

Your shared mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary Creature with the Graveborn set symbol.

@Jadefire - the premium prize is random. No, unfortunately the crossbones are simply moot point. Here it is:

Jadefire's Jostle You may challenge the current 1st place in each Cardsmith Division to separate duels or invite all of them to a single moshpit. The winner of each duel gets a prize; or the winner of the moshpit gets a premium prize.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a Legendary Creature with the Graveborn set symbol.
    Amaya Unscrupulous Salvager

Activating an Improvised Advisements modifier.

Another Mystery Box please. :)

Inventory
    • Prize 36 - Herbal Supplements: You may exchange X prizes in your inventory for 2X favorites.
    • Prize 52 - Quest Journal (Gambit, Duel, Moshpit, Draft - Go on your own adventure of 3-5 cards, equipped with a short story along with it. 2-3 sentences per card.) [Activate any time.]
    • Prize 47 - Improvised Advisements: Solo Challenge, Duel, Mode, Modifier - Mystery Challenges are hand crafted for each cardsmith.
    • Prize 70 - Snake: Activating this modifier turns the remainder of the deadline into story building, where each cardsmith's mystery box entry will include a 1-2 sentence continuation of a shared story.
    • Prize 40 - Rain Check Tournament: A deadline of 32 entries and rain check prizes, followed by single elimination brackets with the entries. Activate any time.
    • Prize 65 - A friendly game of...: Challenge jpastor to your choice of a checkers, chess, or scrabble game on a free app. If you win the match, you get the mystery box avatar and a newly discovered prize.
  • Hey! @jpastor

May I have a new mystery box when you have the time, please? :)
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Zubera creature card.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/zuberic-veil

• Can I get a new mystery box? My last one was Zombies and they're all gone now D:
  • My mystery challenge was: "Create a Legendary Creature with the Graveborn set symbol."

And here's the card! The basic concept of the card is something that lures and entraps planeswalkers with promises of power, before devouring them whole. I could also see Escape as a major mechanic for the Graveborn set, hence trying out new design space for escape - requiring a specific type to be exiled to escape.

I'd like another mystery box, please. 
  • @hileandr - swapped zombies for this:

• Create a card that shares a name with a Sci-fi movie.
  • I haven't been on here in almost 5 years and I would love a mystery box to get me back into things :)
  • Improvised Advisements - Handcrafted Mystery Challenges

@Bobman111 - I totally remember you!
    127th Place with 2 entries and 3 prizes earned all-time.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Since you're back, lets create a return from the dead spell or creature that can come back from the graveyard.
    @Shelko
    • Prize 30 - Pauper's Treasures: Solo/Duel/Moshpit/Modifier - Common rarity only [Activate any time.]
    • A Mystery Challenge: Shelko, your name reminds me of a Pokemon, so I'm going to challenge you to create a card themed after one... doesn't have to be exact or named after it directly.

@Potato13
    • Prize 62 - Zombies! [Activate any time.]
    • A Mystery Challenge: This card looks fun. Create another Darkspawn creature card. Genlock
  • @jpastor any boxes lying around for me?
  • @cadstar369
    • A Mystery Challenge: I'd like to see a Human Wizard that is a computer genius. - - or mad laboratory man.
  • Create a card that shares a name with a Sci-fi movie.

I don't know who would ever want to play this card!

Another mystery box, please!
  • @hileandr
    • A Mystery Challenge: This has got to be one of my favorite artworks. Create a Kraken creature card. Tidal Kraken
  • ...and the deadline has arrived...

...winner winner chicken dinner...

1. @Jadefire
    2. @Potato13
    3. @cadstar369
  • Leaderboards - All-time Top 20

Rank Name Inv Entries Prizes Duels Moshpit Deadline Legacy Score
    1 @Jadefire X 270 264 18-17 5 203 43 115
    2 @cadstar369 X 223 161 21-14 0 99 55 77
    3 @Corwinnn X 179 97 6-8 5 84 18 53
    4 @AboveAndAbout X 170 92 3-4 2 72 8 44
    5 @Ranshi X 138 70 2-3 1 23 0 26
    6 @ShadowReign X 98 68 10-3 0 10 19 25
    7 @sorinjace   71 58 0-0 0 50 0 22
    8 @TheRacingTurtle   66 38 2-1 2 23 12 18
    9 @JoeMoose   88 49 0-0 0 19 0 15
    10 @MonkeyPirate2002   68 41 1-1 0 16 10 15
    11 @TheDukeOfPork   57 35 2-3 0 27 0 14
    12 @Potato13   65 32 0-1 0 26 0 14
    13 @bnew07   32 31 0-0 0 34 0 12
    14 @hileandr X 37 30 0-2 0 27 0 11
    15 @TenebrisNemo   33 36 1-0 1 24 0 11
    16 @LeBateauIvre   45 27 7-9 0 14 -2 11
    17 @pakashara   31 37 0-0 0 23 0 10
    18 @IronCrusher   27 24 2-0 1 15 5 9
    19 @jpastor   46 22 5-2 0 8 0 9
    20 @saveria201   12 25 0-0 0 29 0 8
  • edited July 2022
    A Mystery Challenge: This has got to be one of my favorite artworks. Create a Kraken creature card. 

Another please, good sir!
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Sorcery card with two "If" clauses.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/harnessed-savagery

One of the "if" clauses is in the reminder text of the custom mechanic.

I'll activate one of my Prize 71 - Cardsmiths Aggravate Humanity for a solo challenge.
    Can I get another mystery box with two challenges?
  • edited July 2022
    Mystery Challenge: I'd like to see a Human Wizard that is a computer genius. - - or mad laboratory man.
    Eldritch Stitcher

@hileandr Total Recall could be interesting in an Inalla deck.

One Mystery Box with two challenges please. :)

Inventory
    • Prize 36 - Herbal Supplements: You may exchange X prizes in your inventory for 2X favorites.
    • Prize 52 - Quest Journal (Gambit, Duel, Moshpit, Draft - Go on your own adventure of 3-5 cards, equipped with a short story along with it. 2-3 sentences per card.) [Activate any time.]
    • Prize 70 - Snake: Activating this modifier turns the remainder of the deadline into story building, where each cardsmith's mystery box entry will include a 1-2 sentence continuation of a shared story.
    • Prize 40 - Rain Check Tournament: A deadline of 32 entries and rain check prizes, followed by single elimination brackets with the entries. Activate any time.
  • It's been so long since I tried to open a mistery box, is there anything left for me?

• Here's my pokemon entry. Sorry if it doesn't much feel like a ''Pokemon'' card but it's been so long since I played that game I almost had no reference left to do a card for that theme haha. Btw, I'm gonna take a break from mtgcardsmith for a while given that it's the end of my holidays and I'll get back to work next week so I probably won't participate during that time. See you soon and have fun cardsmithing everyone! :)
  • edited July 2022

@hileandr
    • Prize 85 - Stand by
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a monoblue creature that deals noncombat damage.
    @Jadefire
    • Prize 51 - Stand by
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a female Human Samurai creature.
    • A Cardsmiths Aggravate Humanity Challenge: Create a creature card named "The Bus Driver."
    @cadstar369
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Tamiyo planeswalker card.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a volcano in the artwork.
    @Scaccogaming - Welcome back my dude
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an instant that copies a spell.

• edited July 2022
    I love Cyprus! Can I have a mystery challenge? 
  • Hi everyone,

Sadly, my ambitions to keep track of stats both all-time and seasonally have been squashed like a poor old beetle due to clerical mishaps on my side of things :smile:
    As such... We'll return to only the all-time stat list, which is up-to-date.

@hileandr - Prize 85 - Glitterbomb: You can sacrifice X of your entries (they won't be judged) in exchange for X prizes.

@Jadefire - JADE FYAH - Prize 51 - Discord Art Gallery Challenge: A RANDOM artwork that's been posted in that thread on discord will be the means of your choice of mode: SOLO, DUEL, MOSHPIT, DRAFT

@KorandAngels - thanks for stopping by earlier... you didn't miss much because I crashed into a foothill in Cypress before landing :smile:
    • Prize 43 - Legacy Draft: If you'd like, please choose one of the three "Volume 1" Draft prizes for us to do as a community. See the options below.
    • A Mystery Challenge: I really want to see you make a mono-green Aura spell with flavor text and an existing MTG Legendary creature's name in your card's name.
    KorandAngels - draft options:

Volume 1

1. Full Combo (We'll draft pre-built mystery boxes.)
    2. Black Friday (We'll draft prizes.)
    3. Build-a-Box (We'll draft both a prize option and mystery challenge option to form our own mystery boxes.)
  • I'll choose Full Combo for the draft. Anyway, here's the green thing: 

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/grunns-maturity
    Hey hey... Teletubbies 
  • Create a monoblue creature that deals noncombat damage.

Another, please!
This discussion has been closed.