Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• I'm down.  Hit me up.
  • @stijnhommes
    Your mystery box contains:
    • No prize
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create ROWAN KENRITH as an uncommon legendary creature.
    @hileandr
    • No prize
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a permanent that interacts with cards with buyback.
    @Stuffnsuch
    • No prize
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Mirrodin-themed (E.g., art, name, mechanics) card that creates Myr tokens.
  • That was fun, I'll take another.
  • @Potato13
    What is your most popular card on mtgcardsmith?
  • @Jadefire
    • Prize 15 - Threes: 1-vs-1-vs-1 = First to 2 wins new prize. Choose your opponents.
    • A Mystery Challenge Create an uncommon Dragon useable in starter packs.
    • A Mystery Challenge Create a nonhumanoid shapeshifter.
    • A Mystery Challenge Create a nonlegendary hybrid color shaman for commander.
    • Keychain For your next box I give you, select one key for your box and the rest go to the other requested boxes in that post.
    • Blade Key
    • Red Key
    • Brood Key
    • Hybrid Key
    • Smash Key
  • @cadstar369
    sry just saw fireworks and dont remember your winning cards last week. since you are off this week, we will do next week!
  • @StuffnSuch
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that uses shatter as a custom ability.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a monoblue Zombie with prowess.
    Mystery Challenge: Create a monogreen creature with no appendages that has power/toughness */*.
    Ancient Arcanist Hungry Sandwurm

Another mystery box with 3 challenges please. :)

Inventory
    • Prize 36 - Herbal Supplements: You may exchange X prizes in your inventory for 2X favorites.
    • Prize 52 - Quest Journal (Gambit, Duel, Moshpit, Draft - Go on your own adventure of 3-5 cards, equipped with a short story along with it. 2-3 sentences per card.) [Activate any time.]
    • Prize 70 - Snake: Activating this modifier turns the remainder of the deadline into story building, where each cardsmith's mystery box entry will include a 1-2 sentence continuation of a shared story.
    • Prize 40 - Rain Check Tournament: A deadline of 32 entries and rain check prizes, followed by single elimination brackets with the entries. Activate any time.
    • Prize 65 - A friendly game of...: Challenge jpastor to your choice of a checkers, chess, or scrabble game on a free app. If you win the match, you get the mystery box avatar and a newly discovered prize.
    • Prize 60 - Scribing Device: Activate this to drastically change the judging criteria for the deadline.
  • My challenge was to create an Rowan Kenrith uncommon legendary creature.
    I present to you: Rowan Kenrith, Valorous Spark Knight.
    (According to the Eldraine story, Will and Rowan were in pursuit of knightly virtues before their spark ignited. Since they are royal, I figure, they could boost the morale of their knight army.)

Can I please have another mystery box?

Inventory:
    • Prize 3 - Glyph of Hileandr (Reroll): Cash this in any time to replace one of your mystery challenges with a new one.
  • I'm a little confused.  Am I using the card Shatter to inspire an ability on a card, or am I developing a new keyword ability called shatter?
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create an uncommon Dragon useable in starter packs.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/squallwing-sovereign

• @Jadefire
    Whats your most popular card
  • it's a combination of both @StuffnSuch
  • My Box was "Create a card that uses shatter as a custom ability".  I wanted to really explore the ability, so I made a mono-red cycle of three cards that all use the Shatter mechanic at each rarity.  Since shatter destroys permanents, I decided to go for something like Magecraft or Alliance, where each ability is different but the trigger is the same.  I, of course, wanted Shatter to trigger Shatter, so I made it trigger when an opponent's artifact dies.
    Hapless LooterJunk MerchantScrapyard Mechanic
  • @Jadefire
    You're diggin storm lately!
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card fit for a weenie deck featuring a grouping of creatures.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/skywurm-propagation?list=user
    Skywurm Propagation

Another please!
  • @jpastor I chose Storm for Shark Week but it's the people who chose to favourite Line of Questioning, it just so happens that we're caring about our most popular card right now.
  • ah oh eeeh oooh
  • @12SidedGuy
    • Prize 15 - Threes: 1-vs-1-vs-1 = First to 2 wins new prize. (Choose your opponents to activate.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a monored enchantment that doesn't target any creatures, but affects many.
    @StuffnSuch
    • Prize 82 - Freaky Friday: You and target mystery boxer may trade any unused prizes and incomplete mystery challenges with one another.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a red & blue creature that can scry as an activated ability.
    @cadstar369
    • Prize 91 - Futuresight: The next batch will be duels/moshpits. (Activate when requesting.)
    • Prize 27 - Blockbuster: We exchange songs or movies and each make a card for the other's choice. Yours are added to Mystery Box lists.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with Madness 0
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a 1/1 Satyr with a tap ability.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Finish the "Cowed by" cycle. https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=74132
    @stijnhommes
    • Prize 82 - Freaky Friday: You and target mystery boxer may trade any unused prizes and incomplete mystery challenges with one another.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an uncommon Legendary Human Artificer.

• My latest challenge was to create an uncommon Legendary Human Artificer, so I searched through Magic's history and decided to give a new card to Tawnos.

I present to you: Tawnos, Rising Apprentice.

Can I please have a new mystery box? (This time perhaps with 2-3 challenges?)

Inventory:

• Prize 3 - Glyph of Hileandr (Reroll): Cash this in any time to replace one of your mystery challenges with a new one.
  • I was supposed to make a red and blue creature that could scry as an ability.  I really thought it would be fun to make scrying feel as red as possible, so here it is:

Illiterate Researcher

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/illiterate-researcher

In retrospect, I do wonder if the second ability should read differently, like "Whenever a spell or ability causes you to look at any number of cards from the top of your library, Illiterate Researcher deals that much damage to you."  What do you think, does it work the same either way, or would that be a better way to phrase it?
  • A Mystery Challenge: Create a monored enchantment that doesn't target any creatures, but affects many.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/the-trial-of-ushyldor-1?list=user
    The Trial of Ushyldor
    Another box please, with 3 challenges if you would be so kind!
  • @StuffnSuch existing cards that use X define X explicitly either via their mana costs or their own effect. In your case, you’d need wording more along the lines of “Whenever a spell or ability causes you to look at the top one or more cards of your library, Illiterate Researcher deals that much damage to you.”

@stijnhommes & @12SidedGuy, the ability to ask for mystery boxes with multiple challenges (among a variety of other perks) is a privilege granted to Prestige mystery boxers, which currently includes Corwinnn, Jadefire, and myself (see this post). This is why the Mystery Crate Prize exists, which can temporarily grant anyone else these privileges. That said…

@stijnhommes

• Raincheck for Prize 31
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Goblin creature that can’t block.

@12SidedGuy

• Raincheck for Prize 15
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Aura that has its mana cost appear as part of an activated or triggered ability.
  • @cadstar369: I figure it might be something like this, but I couldn't find it in the rules somewhere, so I thought I'd just ask.

By the way, it's funny I'm getting a mystery challenge with a goblin creature. I just made a goblin and considered making it unable to block. I end up going another route... Still I have plenty of goblin inspiration, so things will work out methinks.
  • @StuffnSuch
    I really like your Illiterate Researcher. I wish I made it myself. Another fun goblin gag.
  • My mystery challenge was: Create a Goblin Creature that can't block.

I decided that, in true goblin fashion, this should be a soldier so crap at his job that he couldn't attack either. Hopefully the ability I added still makes it worth it to play this creature.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/army-of-goblins

Inventory:
    • Raincheck for Prize 31
  • @stijnhommes
    Prize 31 - Mastermind: jpastor provides five old cards from other cardsmiths.  Judge the cards from 1st to 5th.  Each card that’s in the same position as jpastor’s order = 1 prize. (activate this prize any time you'd like.) 

@12sidedguy ;
    Prize 15 - Threes: 1-vs-1-vs-1 = First to 2 wins new prize. (activate this any time you'd like by tagging the cardsmiths to invite them.)
This discussion has been closed.