Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• @jpastor THROW ME A BOXXXXX
    I will have time to do this Mondays and Wednesdays, so yep lets do this yes please

• edited August 2022
    @jpastor , sorry for the 10 day delay on my part. assessments, amirite?

I'll choose the duel mode from the dungeon.
  • @stijnhommes

Your mystery box contains:

• Raincheck for Prize 86
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a monocolored spell with a kicker cost of a different color(s).

@Globert-the-Martian

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a spell with provoke. (Whenever this creature attacks, you may have target creature defending player controls untap and block it if able.)

@DrakeGladis

• Raincheck for Prize 84
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a common Aura spell.
  • Rain Check Prizes !!!

Woohoo!

@stijnhommes
    Premium Prize 86 - All-in Bundle: You will get X prizes of choice, where X is the number of deadline points you earn this deadline.

@DrakeGladis
    Prize 84 - The Ancients: A full set dedicated to gods/deities. When activated, cardsmiths will, for the remainder of the deadline, choose one god/deity and create a mini-set for that being. No mystery boxes the remainder of the deadline for everyone that participates. Just 50/50 shots at prizes for each entry.
  • edited August 2022
    @jpastor
    Am I correct to assume I'd have to cash Prize 86 before knowing how many points I've earned? (Since I didn't earn any points during the last deadline, I think I'll hold onto that prize until I start earning at least 1 point.)

I'll take a gamble and activate prize 31.
    Can I have a new box, please?
    My latest challenge: Create a monocolored spell with a kicker cost of a different color(s).

Inventory:
    • Prize 3 - Glyph of Hileandr (Reroll): Cash this in any time to replace one of your mystery challenges with a new one.
    • Prize 82 - Freaky Friday: You and target mystery boxer may trade any unused prizes and incomplete mystery challenges with one another.
    • Prize 31(activated) - Mastermind: jpastor provides five old cards from other cardsmiths.  Judge the cards from 1st to 5th.  Each card that’s in the same position as jpastor’s order = 1 prize. (activate this prize any time you'd like.) 
    • Premium Prize 8 - Wonderbar: Swap a prize in your inventory with a newly created prize of your choice. (You create the prize, but it must first be approved by me.)
    • Premium Prize 86 - All-in Bundle: You will get X prizes of choice, where X is the number of deadline points you earn this deadline.
  • Hi everyone - I think next weekend we should have a special event. I know y'all like to chill on the weekend and not think about magic, so I'll make this special event extra easy and super cheesy. More to come!
  • @stijnhommes
    You'd have to cash in prize 86 during the deadline, like a gamble, thinking you'll score big. First place gets 5 points, 2nd - 3, 5th gets 1 point. If there's 30+ entries in the deadline, it's a 5-4-3-2-1 breakdown instead.

Prize 31 - Mastermind: Please rank the following 5 cards 1st through 5th -0 

Risen Lich
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/risen-lich
    Drake
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/drake-232
    Xathrid King
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/xathrid-king-2
    Giaz The General
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/giaz-the-general
    Smoke Shifter
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/smoke-shifter

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a monoblack Ooze creature.
  • Wow, I leave for a few days and come back to not only an interesting challenge but a Win under my belt.  Thanks!

My latest challenge was to create a creature that boosts other creatures of the same color.  Here's what I came up with:

Hapless Paint-mixer

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/hapless-paint-mixer

• Invigorating Corona

A common aura spell has been provided.
    @cadstar369 may I haz another box?
  • @DrakeGladis
    You specifically want Mr. @cadstar369 to give you a box?
  • I will be happy with either; I'm just seeing who gave the last one and assumed.  Sorry.  GIMME BOX PLS UWU
  • ah great here you go
    @DrakeGladis
    • A Mystery Challenges: Create one of those Maggot cards, like Rotfeaster Maggot or Brain Maggot.
  • Uhhhh do maggots have a theme?  Because I'm seeing *maybe* exiling a card as a common theme, but flow of maggots, mind maggot, and maggot carrier are all non-exile.  Some of them discard things from your hand?

Also takklemaggot and maggot therapy are weird and at least somewhat maggot themed sooo

• @DrakeGladis
    They have a theme - they are maggots and they are ugly.
  • Hi friends - i'm live on twitch, but my mic won't work ahahahahahahsahah

twich.tv/cryptocaillou
  • @jpastor Here is my breakdown for Prize 31 (Mastermind).
    Looking forward to your view on this. 
    1st:  Xanthrid King 
    2nd: Smoke Shifter
    3rd:  Risen Lich
    4th:  Giaz The General 
    5th:  Drake Token

Still working on the Ooze creature.
  • May I have a box
  • My challenge was:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a monoblack Ooze creature.
    Here is the result.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/glb-the-all-consuming

Can I have another box?

Inventory:
    • Prize 3 - Glyph of Hileandr (Reroll): Cash this in any time to replace one of your mystery challenges with a new one.
    • Prize 82 - Freaky Friday: You and target mystery boxer may trade any unused prizes and incomplete mystery challenges with one another.
    • Prize 31 (activated) - Mastermind: jpastor provides five old cards from other cardsmiths.  Judge the cards from 1st to 5th.  Each card that’s in the same position as jpastor’s order = 1 prize. (activate this prize any time you'd like.) 
    • Premium Prize 8 - Wonderbar: Swap a prize in your inventory with a newly created prize of your choice. (You create the prize, but it must first be approved by me.)
    • Premium Prize 86 - All-in Bundle: You will get X prizes of choice, where X is the number of deadline points you earn this deadline.
  • Hi @stijnhommes
    here is my order:
    1. Xathrid
    2. Risen Lich
    3. Smoke Shifter
    4. Token
    5. Giaz the General
    1 prize coming your way!

Prize 87 - Silver Key: Guarantees a new discovery in the box it's used to open.
  • @The_333_ ;
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a sorcery that's devoid.
    @stijnhommes
    • Prize 77 - Legacy Negotiation Prize: Choose one from below.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with "Thelon" in its name.

Negotiations

Negotiations allow you and me to pick and choose some things together. Sometimes I'll give you a choice, and sometimes you'll give me the choice. When you receive one of the prizes below, i'll randomly select 1-5... you'll get that many choice. Then I'll select 1-5 randomly again, and we'll select that many.

Volume 1

1. Mood Ring (Modes)
    2. Jukebox (Songs)
    3. Pawn (Prize)
  • Event: Solve the Riddle

It's time to put some work in! We have until tomorrow night at 7PM Central US Time to reach page 300. 

Plot: We are not spamming comments. That's just silly. We are instead using the cards in your collections or newly created cards to answer the riddle. I will give clues every so often. Once you think you know the answer, you can post a card that matches your answer. If you're correct, you earn a prize. All guesses count as entries, but you can only guess once per clue.

For example. The answer to this riddle is Skeleton. So you would need to post a Skeleton creature or a card with a skeleton in the artwork or name.

Clue 1: I'm a scary creature type, and I'm skinny.
    Clue 2: I'm basically always smiling.
    Clue 3: You can find me in a coffin.
    Clue 4: I'm not quite as muscular as a zombie.
    Clue 5: In fact, I'm nothing more than bones.

Okay, ready!? Here we go!

Clue #1: I'm an Artifact Equipment that's almost always used defensively.

• edited September 2022
    @cadstar369
    @Corwinnn
    @Jadefire
    @StuffnSuch
    @The_333_
    @DrakeGladis
    @Potato13
    @Globert-the-Martian
    @stijnhommes

Just to name the prestige and those on this page... check the above post
  • Clue #2
    My shape is my name.
  • Can we guess once at any time for each clue given, or is it maximum one entry between each clue’s appearance?
  • once a new clue has been given, you can only submit one guess before my next clue. If you miss the first clue, you don't get to guess twice.
  • edited September 2022
    Clue #2 has me extra confused, so time for a shot in the dark!

• Clue #3
    An Avenger has one of these.
This discussion has been closed.