Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• @12SidedGuy
    Treasure Map (You'll go on adventure with 3-5 mystery challenges.

Challenge 1: You are a Human Soldier and you've been flown into battle and dropped onto the battlefield as a small trio. Create a Human Soldier with appropriate artwork.

Your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an artifact card that any teammate can equip.
  • @FireOfGolden
    • Prize 83 - Chocolate Bar: Swap any unused prize in your inventory with a new discovery any time you'd like.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a monogreen Spirit creature card.
  • ...and the deadline has arrived...

• Threes Match

@Globert-the-Martian: Show me that Spice card.
    @cadstar369: I have no idea what comes after Remember, but i can't wait to see. Except maybe "Always" comes before it?
    @12SidedGuy: Your Tragedy card has be guessing what the other half is... maybe Commons?

Let's see em!

• @jpastor

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that chooses something other than its targets (if any) at random.
    Goblin Explosioneer
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/goblin-explosioneer

I require more.

• edited October 2022
    @theirintheattic
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a dual colored Tibalt planeswalker.

• edited October 2022
    • Prize 26: Listerine – Add a song or movie to one the mystery box lists. (Spotify | Letterbox'd)

Please watch the video, the song is not what you see.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a tribal card that does something with your library.
    Web Tension

I sense a box coming my way...

• I actuallly have a whole set idea based off of this card now XD.  Prolly nothing will come of it but it's a cool idea.

Anyway: A fungus that can sac something other than creatures.

@jpastor here you go.  May I have another box?  Also, I saw my Massive Minstryke was a winner.... of what?  I'm a bit confused XD
  • @DrakeGladis
    The deadline: a periodic judging period where i reward my favorite cards recently submitted.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a common Bird Soldier creature that DOES NOT have flying.
    Mystery Challenge: Create an uncommon Green Enchantment that has a NON-GREEN activated ability.
    Mystery Challenge: Create an uncommon Blue version of Dragon Whelp that does not share a creature type.
    Ebonquill Battle MedicSprouting ReincarnationFledgling Siren

Activating Corwinnn's Cache as a draft.

Activating a Magic Mirror & The 50/50, choosing Prize A.

Another Mystery Box please. :)

Inventory
    • Prize 52 - Quest Journal (Gambit, Duel, Moshpit, Draft - Go on your own adventure of 3-5 cards, equipped with a short story along with it. 2-3 sentences per card.) [Activate any time.]
    • Prize 40 - Rain Check Tournament: A deadline of 32 entries and rain check prizes, followed by single elimination brackets with the entries. Activate any time.
    • Prize 65 - A friendly game of...: Challenge jpastor to your choice of a checkers, chess, or scrabble game on a free app. If you win the match, you get the mystery box avatar and a newly discovered prize.
    • Prize 91 - Futuresight: The next batch will be duels/moshpits. (Activate when requesting.)
    • Premium Prize 96 - Blog Mention (Yup, a blurb in the monthly blog about you. Activate any time.)
    • Prize 50 - Copycat: You may submit a card for any mystery challenge on this page instead of a card for the mystery challenge in your box.
    • Prize 12 - Corwinnn's Cache: Solo, Duel, Moshpit, Draft - Squirreltopia!
    • Prize 48 - Glyph of Cadstar: Magic Mirror (Activate this to get a copy of the first prize another cardsmith earns from opening a Mystery Box.)
    • Prize 59 - Wits & Wagers: Create a moshpit of 3 cardsmiths other than yourself and bet as much of your inventory as you'd like on a winner. If they win, you double your bet prizes. You duel the winner. If they win the duel, you forfeit your earnings to them.
    • Prize 6 - The Gold Plate: This deadline's winning card will be featured. [Activate before a deadline finishes.]
    • Prize ??? – The 50/50: Prize A & Prize B. One of the prizes is a bomb, if you pick it, the other prize will blow up and you'll get nothing.
  • @jpastor Oops, it seems that I forgot to mention you last time I wrote a message there, my bad! I'd like to open a mystery box, please!
  • edited October 2022
    @jpastor Your survey says select any number or leave blank, but you've made it a required question, so you can't actually leave it blank.  Consider adding a "None of the above" box for those of us that just design mystery boxes for the challenge, fun, to spark our creativity, etc.

Oh, and I'll take a box
  • @DrakeGladis - Your Mystery Box contains: Double Whammy

• Create a two color Horror creature
    • Create an Instant that does two things

@cadstar369 - Your Mystery Box contains: The Offspring
    • Create a God card
    • Create a Demi-god card related to the God card.

@Shelko - Your Mystery Box contains: Scary Monsters
    @StuffnSuch - Your Mystery Box contains: Artistic Interpretation
    • Create a card using the following artwork by Brant-loser on Deviant Art
    Voodoo
    • Create a card using the following artwork by Dopacetic on Deviant Art
    Loved By The Sun
  • @Corwinnn
    Uh, may I have one?
  • @FireOfGolden - Your Mystery Box contains: Transformers
    • Create both sides of a transforming card

• Let me know if I've missed anyone!
  • For the Scarecrow challenge:

And for Monster Mash challenge (it's not exactly a creature... but at the same time it's somehow still a creature):

I'd like to open another mystery box, please!
  • @Shelko - Your Mystery Box contains: Assassin's Creed
    • Create an Assassin creature card.
    • Create a Tribal Assassin card that is NOT a creature.
    • Mystery Prize: Kaiju Duel - You may challenge @jpastor to a Kaiju Duel instead of completing a mystery box. If you win, you get a sculpture from jpastor.
  • @FireOfGolden - Your Mystery Box contains: Jurassic 500
    • Create a Dinosaur creature card.
    • Create a Vehicle card that can only be crewed by Dinosaurs
    • Mystery Prize: Earth, Wind and Fire Duel - You may challenge @cadstar369 to an Elemental Duel instead of completing a Mystery Box. If you win, you get a sculpture from cadstar369.
  • @Corwinnn

I would like to use Earth, Wind, and Fire.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a God card.
    Mystery Challenge: Create a Demi-god card related to the God card.
    Xeres Lost LorekeeperKzen Eternal Archivist

Another Mystery Box please. :)

Inventory
    • Prize 52 - Quest Journal (Gambit, Duel, Moshpit, Draft - Go on your own adventure of 3-5 cards, equipped with a short story along with it. 2-3 sentences per card.) [Activate any time.]
    • Prize 40 - Rain Check Tournament: A deadline of 32 entries and rain check prizes, followed by single elimination brackets with the entries. Activate any time.
    • Prize 65 - A friendly game of...: Challenge jpastor to your choice of a checkers, chess, or scrabble game on a free app. If you win the match, you get the mystery box avatar and a newly discovered prize.
    • Prize 91 - Futuresight: The next batch will be duels/moshpits. (Activate when requesting.)
    • Premium Prize 96 - Blog Mention (Yup, a blurb in the monthly blog about you. Activate any time.)
    • Prize 50 - Copycat: You may submit a card for any mystery challenge on this page instead of a card for the mystery challenge in your box.
    • Prize 59 - Wits & Wagers: Create a moshpit of 3 cardsmiths other than yourself and bet as much of your inventory as you'd like on a winner. If they win, you double your bet prizes. You duel the winner. If they win the duel, you forfeit your earnings to them.
    • Prize 6 - The Gold Plate: This deadline's winning card will be featured. [Activate before a deadline finishes.]
    • Prize ?? – Kaiju Duel: You may challenge @jpastor to a Kaiju Duel instead of completing a mystery box. If you win, you get a sculpture from jpastor.
    <Still working on the other half of Remember.>
    <Magic Mirror copied Kaiju Duel.>
  • @stijnhommes
    OH!!! My bad

This is yet another community-driven event with all box requesters in the loop. We will start it after the Snake modifier ends. Just remind me if I forget. I tend to do that sometimes.

@stijnhommes
    we can activate it any time you'd like
    @jpastor  
    Thanks for the clarification in the messages you posted earlier. I'll activate when I return from my vacation. 
    @jpastor
    My vacation is over.
    Can you please activate my legacy prize as discussed earlier unless it interferes with something else.

I'd also like a mystery box, please.

• @Corwinnn

I activated Earth, Wind, and Fire to duel @cadstar369

Here's an elemental.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/flaming-cowboy
  • Quick question: I've got two cards told to make.  Do I make one or both?
This discussion has been closed.