Year of Conjuring Reverse Challenge SUGGESTION PAGE

edited January 2023 in Just for Fun Contests
Hello everyone! You're probably used to seeing reverse challenges like this, since they aren't anything that new on the forums. However, they can be a great tool for helping designers think outside the box, which is why I'm going to be doing one of my own. This is inspired by DomriKade's year of design, but mine's going to have a twist; every day, I have to do a challenge based on a prompt submitted by one of our community members here or on Discord.

How the challenge works:
  • Submit any prompts you have for a card to be made, within reason. Uncard prompts are fine, as well as complex prompts, but I have to be able to make a playable end result. You can submit multiple prompts, be them at once or across multiple posts, but please don't flood the discussion.
  • I'll randomize the prompts into 30 prompt blocks picked from across every 14 days (a fortnight), rather than drawing on prompts in direct chronological order; that way I can minimize any chance of me subconsciously preparing in advance.
  • I'll try my best to post at least a rough draft on my custom MTG Discord server of my response to the daily prompt. I must make this card as balanced and playable as possible, to the best of my ability, and I am not allowed to seek help from anyone (except for the purposes of getting new challenges and finding artwork). Once the day is done, I cannot make any balance, rarity, flavor, etc. related changes to the card.
  • I'll try to post a "wrap up" for every fortnight on the forums, going over all of the cards I made for that period, what went right, what went wrong, etc.
  • I'll compile all of the cards at the end of 2023, making them available on Planesculptors (and through a direct download on my custom MTG Discord server.
  • I'll make the list of prompts available below. Please note that not all prompts may be accepted, but I seek to accept as many as possible. If you prompt doesn't make it on the list, it could be for several reasons; I will not accept overly basic or overly specific prompts or promote users through a prompt. There's also a chance I may have just missed it!
  • I don't need all 365 prompts before the end of 2022; you can submit prompts any time in 2023 as well!
  • Likewise, even if I have all 365 prompts I need, I'll still accept more!

Click Here To See The List Of Prompts

Prompts: 82/365

Comments

• Prompt: A card that uses Arena's Conjure mechanic
  • Added to the list, thank you!
    1. Transforming creature.
    2. Mythic with one line of rules text.
    3. Class enchantment.
    4. (French-)vanilla creature with 0 toughness.
    5. Instant/sorcery with abstract artwork.
    6. Fallen hero.
    7. Treasure hate.
    8. One with Nothing synergy.
    9. Background enchantment.
    10. Tavern.
  • All ten challenges have been added to the list. Thank you very much!
  • edited December 2022
    1. Mono-green angel
    2. Gargoyle tribal
    3. Enchantment that transforms into an artifact
    4. Zombie with a red alternate cost
    5. Sorcery that creates a 0/1 green Ooze token with Evolve
  • @SpellPiper2213 for the Gargoyle tribal card, do you mean a card that fits in the tribe, or a card with the Tribal supertype?
  • edited December 2022
    I have some emergency prompts on standby just in case I don't have enough prompts. If you want to see one or more of these, let me know!
    1. Dual colored Shrine cycle (done over two days).
    2. A card with exactly three words of rules text, none of which are keywords.
    3. A one mana Planeswalker.
    4. A common Legend.
    5. A new Locus land.
    6. A new set of Tron style lands.
    7. A WU “Aristocrats” Commander.
    8. A WUBRG Spellshaper.
    9. A card that multiplies something by four.
    10. A card with the word "cream" in its name or flavor text.
    11. A Common Land that can't tap for mana. (cadstar369)
    12. A vertical cycle of lands.
    13. A card based on AI artwork with Lorem Ipsum as the prompt.
    14. A Planeswalker with two Planeswalker subtypes that aren't Will and Rowan.
    15. A Commander that isn't an Artifact or Creature.
    16. A good Common storm card that won't get banned in Pauper.
    17. A card that cares about fighting and "biting"... that isn't a creature.
    18. A new Gifts Ungiven style card.
    19. A card that utilizes Merriam-Webster’s Word of the Day in its name.
    20. A Saga Equipment. (cadstar369)
    21. A card that can put cards into your hand from outside the game more than once.
    22. A card with at least three different casting costs. (cadstar369)
    23. A card with at least three different kickers. (cadstar369)
    24. A common, colorless, nonpermanent card without devoid.
    25. A permanent that can be either an Aura or an Equipment, without being a DFC.
    26. An omelet, firm on the outside but just done on the inside.
    27. A card that references the infamous Channel + Fireball combo.
    28. A series of five-ten cards that tell a story, like the cards that tell stories in Yu-Gi-Oh (not a story spotlight or anything like that). This may possibly be a two-day challenge if the story is complex.
    29. A new card featuring the cheese.
    30. A card that flips.
    31. A colorless charm.
    32. A colorless card with escalate. (cadstar369)
    33. A Creature with three keywords which come one after another in the alphabet and are in alphabetical order on the card. None of them may be evergreen, and only one may be deciduous.
    34. A noncreature card with evoke.
    35. A Planeswalker with X in its casting cost. This X can’t affect its starting loyalty.
    36. A Human Citizen.
    37. A five color Rune Enchantment that isn’t keyword soup/keyword salad. (Keyword salad is a lighter version of keyword soup, occurring at about the four or five keyword point.)
    38. A card depicting Ravnica if Nicol Bolas won the War of the Spark.
    39. A card depicting Amonkhet before Nicol Bolas corrupted it.
    40. A Mythic, nonartifact card that costs 0 and isn't a "pact".
  • @Tommia for the Gargoyle, a card with the Tribal supertype. Sorry for the confusion
  • No worries! I wasn't 100% sure to make a Tribal card, so I didn't want to put down the wrong challenge.
  • I'd like to see 11, 20, 22, 23, and 32 from your emergency prompts list. Here's another handful to toss into the mix:
    1. A card that exiles cards from both the top and bottom of your library.
    2. A card with both a win condition and a lose condition.
    3. A non-Saga permanent card whose effect changes between turns.
    4. A new Siege card.
    5. Complete a cycle around Sublime Epiphany & Sune's Intervention.
    6. A card with 6+ mana symbols of the same color in its mana cost.
    7. A card that wants you to have no cards in your graveyard.
  • Thank you very much! I'm now up to enough prompts for my first month.
  • I'll choose 4, 6, 15, and 31 from the emergency prompts.

1. A creature with a creature type that currently only exists on tokens.
    2. A multicolored Trap card.
    3. A card that causes players to vote but doesn't use Will of the council or Council's dilemma.
    4. A card that creates two or more types of legendary tokens.
    5. A Planeswalker version of a legendary creature.
    6. A multi-card Voltron cycle (like that Kyscu Drake + Spitting Drake or Peer Through Depths + Reach Through Mists + Sift Through Sands) that summons something other than a creature.
    7. A Vehicle that doesn't have a crew cost.
    8. One or more cards with an ability from Future Sight that's only been used once in Magic (Absorb, Aura swap, Fortify, Gravestorm, Slivercycling, Transfigure)
    9. A permanent that makes Jump-start better than Flashback.
    10. A nonblue card that can neutralize any spell without countering or exiling it.
  • A card that turns a losing situation into a winning one (E.g., Laboratory Maniac) or a winning situation into a losing one (E.g., Transcendence).
  • Giving me a choice, eh? I'll take both as separate challenges!
  • 1. A creature that synergizes with Curses
    2. A snow vehicle
    3. A multi-colored Phyrexian creature
    4. A legendary green sorcery
  • Thank you very much! Your suggestions have been added to the list
  • edited December 2022
    I've updated the emergency prompt list with a bunch of new options. You can find the updated list below. Feel free to recommend any of these options (or similar) and I'll add them to the main list!
    1. Dual colored Shrine cycle (done over two days).
    4. A common Legend.
    5. A new Locus land.
    6. A new set of Tron style lands.
    7. A WU “Aristocrats” Commander.
    8. A WUBRG Spellshaper.
    9. A card that multiplies something by four.
    10. A card with the word "cream" in its name or flavor text.
    11. A Common Land that can't tap for mana. (cadstar369)
    12. A vertical cycle of lands.
    13. A card based on AI artwork with Lorem Ipsum as the prompt.
    14. A Planeswalker with two Planeswalker subtypes that aren't Will and Rowan.
    15. A Commander that isn't an Artifact or Creature.
    16. A good Common storm card that won't get banned in Pauper.
    17. A card that cares about fighting and "biting"... that isn't a creature.
    18. A new Gifts Ungiven style card.
    19. A card that utilizes Merriam-Webster’s Word of the Day in its name.
    20. A Saga Equipment. (cadstar369)
    21. A card that can put cards into your hand from outside the game more than once.
    22. A card with at least three different casting costs. (cadstar369)
    23. A card with at least three different kickers. (cadstar369)
    24. A common, colorless, nonpermanent card without devoid.
    25. A permanent that can be either an Aura or an Equipment, without being a DFC.
    26. An omelet, firm on the outside but just done on the inside.
    27. A card that references the infamous Channel + Fireball combo.
    28. A series of five-ten cards that tell a story, like the cards that tell stories in Yu-Gi-Oh (not a story spotlight or anything like that). This may possibly be a two-day challenge if the story is complex.
    29. A new card featuring the cheese.
    30. A card that flips.
    31. A colorless charm.
    32. A colorless card with escalate. (cadstar369)
    33. A Creature with three keywords which come one after another in the alphabet and are in alphabetical order on the card. None of them may be evergreen, and only one may be deciduous.
    34. A noncreature card with evoke.
    35. A Planeswalker with X in its casting cost. This X can’t affect its starting loyalty.
    36. A Human Citizen.
    37. A five color Rune Enchantment that isn’t keyword soup/keyword salad. (Keyword salad is a lighter version of keyword soup, occurring at about the four or five keyword point.)
    38. A card depicting Ravnica if Nicol Bolas won the War of the Spark.
    39. A card depicting Amonkhet before Nicol Bolas corrupted it.
    40. A Mythic, nonartifact card that costs 0 and isn't a "pact".
    41. A mono-black Commander with a WUBRG identity.
    42. A new card with the “Illusion ability” that isn’t an Illusion and isn’t blue. (“Whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it.”)
    43. An Uncommon creature with annihilator 2 or more and at least one non-keyword ability.
    44. An actual throne of lies.
    45. A card with an exponential effect (like Hydra’s Growth.)
    46. A new Un-card you can sneak onto the field.
    47. A mono-white card draw Commander.
    48. Juju Bubble is the worst card in Magic. Make a fixed version.
    49. Make an Incarnation of a complex feeling or emotion.
    50. Make a card that creates a Powerstone token.
  • There's two days left until the challenge starts! While I'll still be accepting prompts after I start, the sooner you submit your prompt, the more likely I am to get to it sooner!

Additionally, while I was originally keeping things completely random to avoid me prepping for challenges, I realized that doing that might discourage people from sending prompts, as they may not be gotten to for months. Therefore, I'm implementing a new rule for semi-random batches; that way, while I still can't plan for a card to be on any particular day, I can at least get to challenges in a semi-chronological order.
  • edited December 2022
    Since I see the work has been put into listing out all the creature types that only exist on tokens, I'll amend my original suggestion to say "one or more" to get the most out of that effort.  (Also, Army from Amass seems to be missing from the list).

I'll choose 45, 48, and 50 from the emergency prompts.

1. A new World enchantment that's both playable and makes sense as an uber-legendary.
    2. A card that can remove a player's emblems.
    3. A new variant of morph that can apply to noncreatures (i.e., can be cast from hand, unlike Manifest).
    4. A card for a known character under a different identity (E.g., Blind Seer, Professor Onyx, Kytheon, Hero of Akros)
    5. A modal card with overload where each mode targets a different card type, zone, and/or player.
    6. A card with {x}{x}{x]{x} somewhere in its cost or abilities.
    7. A Class card for a class that hasn't been covered yet.
    8. An AFR enchantment that deals with the concept of alignment.
  • I'll choose 31 & 49 from the emergency prompts.

1. A card with forecast.
    2. A cleave card with multiple pieces of text in brackets.
    3. A nonlegendary creature card with multiple creatures in the art and a different ability representing each of those creatures.
    4. A card that cares about modal spells.
    5. A card that retrieves one or more cards from exile.
    6. A new cycle of Zubera. (Alternatively, complete the cycle for Burning-Eye and Rushing-Tide.)
    7. A card with an ability that blocks creatures. (examples)
    8. A card that wants to be cycled or discarded multiple times, like Yidaro.
    9. A Herald and the creature it summons.
    10. A card that hates on tokens.
    11. A level up support card.
    12. A card with mana value greater than the number of letters in its name, less than the number of words in its text box, and equal to the number of abilities it has. (One of my favorite prompts from ShadowReign's Microchallenges.)
  • edited December 2022
    @Jadefire That's a good catch, though I've actually already made an Army creature for another project XD

Also, don't worry about it being restricted to one type; it's kind of assumed that, unless a challenge says exactly one type I kind of have free reign on other types XD
  • @Tommia That's good to know, you may need significantly fewer than 365 separate challenges then.  Here are a few more to get you on your way.

1. A card where you need to note something for later reference.
    2. An efficiently costed card whose only drawback is the number and/or types of targets it requires (E.g., Hex, Decimate).
    3. A card whose name is an imperative (E.g., Kill! Maim! Burn!, To Arms!) or an interrogative (E.g., How is This a Par Three?!).
    4. One or more transmute cards that fill in the existing mana value gaps (i.e., 0, 1, 7, 8 & 9 MV for 1BB and 5, 7 & 8 MV for 1UU).
    5. A card that incorporates a mechanic from each of Ravnica block, Return to Ravnica block, and Guilds of Ravnica block.  Cross-guild mixing is allowed as long as a common colour is shared (E.g., Green = Dredge + Bloodrush + Adapt).

• Hahah Dredge-
  • Some ideas:
    1. A non-werewolf permanent that transforms via day/nightbound.
    2. A mythic rare with one or more downsides.
    3. A non-artifact non-hydra creature with base stats 0/0.
    4. A card that features every letter of the alphabet in its flavor text.
    5. A card that allows you to gain control of a planeswalker.
    6. A homarid.
    7. A vehicle that can be your commander.

• Sorry about the delay, but I definitely have your suggestions down now XD
  • edited January 2023
    Hey there, everyone! Here's the updated list of emergency prompts. If you'd like to see any of these challenges moved to the main list, suggest them!

1. Dual colored Shrine cycle (done over two days).
    4. A new Locus land.
    5. A WU “Aristocrats” Commander.
    6. A WUBRG Spellshaper.
    7. A card that multiplies something by four.
    8. A card with the word "cream" in its name.
    9. A vertical cycle of lands.
    10. A card based on AI artwork with Lorem Ipsum as the prompt.
    11. A Planeswalker with two Planeswalker subtypes that aren't Will and Rowan.
    12. A good Common storm card that won't get banned in Pauper.
    13. A card that cares about fighting and "biting"... that isn't a creature.
    14. A new "Gifts Ungiven" style card.
    15. A card that utilizes Merriam-Webster’s Word of the Day in its name.
    16. A card that can put cards into your hand from outside the game more than once.
    17. A common, colorless, nonpermanent card without devoid.
    18. A permanent that can be either an Aura or an Equipment, without being a DFC.
    19. An omelet, firm on the outside but just done on the inside.
    20. A card that references the infamous Channel + Fireball combo.
    21. A series of five-ten cards that tell a story, like the cards that tell stories in Yu-Gi-Oh (not a story spotlight or anything like that). This may possibly be a two-day challenge if the story is complex.
    22. A new card featuring the cheese from The Cheese Stands Alone.
    23. A card that flips.
    24. A Creature with three keywords which come one after another in the alphabet and are in alphabetical order on the card. None of them may be evergreen, and only one may be deciduous.
    25. A noncreature card with evoke.
    26. A Planeswalker with X in its casting cost. This X can’t affect its starting loyalty.
    27. A Human Citizen.
    28. A five color Rune Enchantment that isn’t keyword soup/keyword salad. (Keyword salad is a lighter version of keyword soup, occurring at about the four or five keyword point.)
    29. A card depicting Ravnica if Nicol Bolas won the War of the Spark.
    30. A card depicting Amonkhet before Nicol Bolas corrupted it.
    31. A Mythic, nonartifact card that costs 0 and isn't a "pact".
    32. A mono-black Commander with a WUBRG identity.
    33. A new card with the “Illusion ability” that isn’t an Illusion and isn’t blue. (“Whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it.”)
    34. An Uncommon creature with annihilator 2 or more and at least one non-keyword ability.
    35. An actual throne of lies.
    36. A new Un-card you can sneak onto the field.
    37. A mono-white card draw Commander.
    38. A card that cares about how many turns you've taken.
    39. A nonblack creature that gets -X/-X.
    40. A Creature with at least three Tertiary abilities.
    41. A new cycle of four color Commanders. (Possible two day?)
    42. Monoblue land removal.
    43. A powerful Creature with an exploitable weakness.
    44. An interesting Land with an additional type other than Artifact or Creature.
    45. Make a Legendary Creature, and think about their values, strengths, and weaknesses, and how they can be bent by someone with a sinister purpose. Then, on the next day, make another Legendary Creature, a true adversary to them.
    46. A Sorcery that can be conditionally cast as though it had flash.
    47. A one mana permanent with indestructible and at least one non-keyword ability.
    48. A card that can be, separately, at least four different card types. (For example, a card that can be either an artifact or a creature counts as two separate types, but an artifact creature only counts as one.)
    49. A card that can create at least five different tokens.
    50. A card that uses at least nine different mechanics without choosing from them randomly.
    51. A common with at least five lines of rules text.
    52. A new card with a separate activated ability in each color.
    53. A planeswalker that adds three colors of mana at once (i.e. "Add WUB.")
    54. A card named "Sitting Duck".
    55. Mana Drain was originally considered a bad card until mana burn was removed. Make a new, mono-blue counterspell inspired by how it was meant to work. (Potentially huge upside, very high risk).
    56. A mono-white Pirate that doesn't utilize Treasure.
    57. A card based around an indie game, like Aggressive Mining.
    58. A card with phasing. (The keyword.)
    59. A card with the untap symbol {U}.
    60. A card that doesn't normally untap during your untap step.
    61. A creature that can't (normally) attack or block.
    62. A ritual.
    63. A card that gets a non-power/non-toughness related counter on each of your turns.
    64. A card that does something during each upkeep, not just your own.
    65. A card that does something "At the beginning of your precombat main phase..."
    66. A card that does something "At the beginning of your postcombat main phase..."
    67. A common planeswalker.
    68. Efficient 1 mana removal that isn't in black or blue.
    69. A card with only Phyrexian mana symbols and generic mana symbols in its mana cost.
    70. A card that uses twobrid mana costs.
    71. A noncreature card with an Adventure.
    72. Something that modifies "commander tax" or gets around it.
    73. An Ixalan style transforming card that turns into a land with the Serra's Sanctum ability.
    74. A magus of a three color card.
    75. A stax piece.
    76. A card with level up.
    77. An enchantment that can allow you to take an extra turn.
    78. Underworld Breach and Dress Down mark part of a theoretical cycle of two mana enchantments with game altering effects that last until they're sacrificed at the beginning of the end step. Complete this cycle. (Potential two-day challenge)
    79. For some reason, the green member of M15's protection from enemies cycle isn't two mana and isn't uncommon. Finish the cycle properly.
    80. A creature with protection from everything.
    81. A card that can be used multiple times, albeit through convoluted methods (i.e. Dovin's Acuity, Startled Awake)
    82. A monoblue card with trample.
    83. A unique land that can become a copy of another.
    84. A new card that has a WWUUBBRRGG cost somewhere on it (casting cost, ability, etc.).
    85. An artifact with only static abilities, which only work when it's untapped.
  • Finally fixed it yeey
  • Here is my sugestion, which I would love to create myself but cardsmith have not the saga template yet:

-A legendary creature which is also a saga as long as the lore counter did not reach the final chapter. 
  • Got it! Thank you very much!

• edited February 2023
    Hey there everyone. I only have about 50 prompts left, but I have 100 Emergency Prompts I've made in case I run out. To ensure I don't end up running out, I'd like to ask those of you that have the time to look at my Emergency Prompts and suggest up to ten (10) you like. These are listed at the bottom of the Tommia's Year of Conjuring Google Doc below. Thank you in advance, and have a good one!

TL;DR: BUMP

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FOpFO4QTdi17S1Hk7RPlc-zwEQ8I80dX_UZbpvxFYSs/edit?usp=drivesdk