Want custom card frames/borders?

Comments

• @TenebrisNemo
    Okay. Just give about the same time frame again and I'm sure I can think of something fitting for them.
  • @TenebrisNemo
    Here's the fixed up version.

• @121092 considering the scope of my final two sets and the number of compleated walkers I will have, it would likely require all variants, mono colored, dual colored, gold and colorless.
  • @TheGamingBolasChannel
    If you don't mind the wait, that's fine with me.  The recoloring isn't that hard, so I don't mind.
  • @TenebrisNemo

What do you think of this?  I'm thinking of changing the boar in on the doors and adding the other two corresponding animals for the other two lands.

• edited March 2023
    @TheGamingBolasChannel

Got all the multicolor gold borders done as well as the colorles one. here's two examples.

• Those look so cool.
  • @TheGamingBolasChannel
    The only problem is that the progress engine text style doesn't seem to translate the letter H, but I do have a work around for that.
  • @TenebrisNemo

"DING-DING!"  Order up! :)

• @121092 - Well done! The idea of adding doors to the frames didn't even occur to me, much more fitting than what I had imagined first. And the animal carvings? Excellent! I'm truly impressed by your creativity on these borders!

There's just two minor errors in the ability texts, one on The Guzzling Boar and another on The Devouring Shark.

On The Guzzling Boar, it says "crearure" instead of creature: If a legendary crearure was dealt damage...

And on The Devouring Shark, the word "creature" is missing: If a legendary ____ became untapped...

Nevertheless, I am blown away by your work. Thanks a ton! And there's another card I would like you to make custom borders to, if you're still interested.
  • @TenebrisNemo
    I'll have those fixed up and posted hopefully by tomorrow.   What do you have in mind?
  • @121092 - I would like you to design borders for this card of mine, which uses MemoryHead's custom mechanic:

Blood Eagle

As you can see, the mechanic puts terms on top of the text box which the caster can use to fill the blanks of the spell's effects, allowing for various different outcomes every time the spell is cast. I want the borders to further reinforce this mechanic by putting thin lines in the text box, separating the terms, the mechanic, the blanks, and the effects in a visually pleasing way. Given the nature of the card and art, perhaps the borders would be ropes, hooks, or something else referring to a grim execution.

Here's the artwork, which is made by Lorenzo Mastroianni:

Can't wait to see what you come up with!
  • @TenebrisNemo
    Sounds neat. I'll get to it as soon as I can.  I won't have anytime this weekend as it's my bf's b-days and I damaged my laptop screen on one side like a dummy. So I'm running a little slower.  That said, I like this art and the mechanic. I've got a few ideas for it already. 
  • @121092 - No worries! Your personal life comes first, so take all the time you like.
  • Hi guys, sorry I disappeared again for a bit.   Once again I destroyed my laptop and procrastinated getting it fixed.  Once I had it fixed I had trouble logging in as I had two different passwords written down for this site and neither wanted to work.  My computer is still a little wonky and flickers  a bit, but it should be managable now.  Again I apologize for the inconveniences.  ^.T
  • How does this work again? I just ask for an idea?
  • edited August 2023
    On another device I was recently able to create something fun though as I've really gotten back into skyrim again ^^

• edited August 2023
    @121092
    Can ya make this card border to look more of paper-like with green-stained?

• @FireOfGolden
    Can do. Just give me a day or two and I'll have it posted. :)
  • edited August 2023
    @jpastor
    Just let me know the the card you'd like to get a custom frame and the style of the frame you'd like on it.  Please post the original art used for the card here as well.
  • @FireOfGolden
    Did you want me to just use the Modern Horizons Showcase border?  It sounds like what you're looking for.

• @121092 That's kinda more of green-stained stone that gives me snow vibe. I am looking for a paper, in my case, an old paper like treasure map with a green paint spots in random place of the card border. I am sorry, I didn't word it properly.
  • @121092
    Could you do a frame with multicolored crystal clusters coming out of the frame for this card?

Here's the art by Stephen Najarian:

Thanks.
  • @121092
    While you are here, would you also make this card a inkling theme? I would like the border all black, shiny dipping ink replaces all gold. It should be all black with a little green because it requires green mana to cast.

Thanks!
  • @FireOfGolden

Here's your first request.  As for the second, it may be a while.  I will finish kaoz42's order first so it may be about a week or so.

• @121092
    Perfect! That's what am I looking for! Thank you so much!
  • @FireOfGolden
    Not a problem.  I'm glad you like it ^^