Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• A Mystery Challenge: Create a Squirreltopia themed card with three colors.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/caller-of-the-wilds

Finally got that one out of the way.  Can I get another mystery box?
  • Alas - me card @Jadefire
    Garild Merfolk Mindscambler

I've taken the quote from Garild on this card:
    Disorient
    ...to the literal approach of a mage that can scramble minds - all while searching for art that makes sense with "We" in the quote.
  • edited March 2023

PIRATES CONTINUE TO LOOT OUR HIDDEN HOARDS.

Arrr, listen up ye scallywag, @Jadefire! Word on the high seas tells of a pirate lord so victorious that he wields a trident with the power to summon and command the fiercest beasts of the ocean! Yer task be to create a creature card that embodies this fearsome pirate and his mighty trident. The card must grant ye the ability to summon and control sea creatures, and it must be fair and balanced fer use in standard. So set sail and let yer imagination run wild, but remember, only the best shall claim the title of pirate lord!"
  • Wow, that was fast.  Nice find for the art and good job on the flavour text.
  • Hii, could I get a box as well pls? 
  • Turn to Legend

Mystery Challenge: Create a white spell that destroys target creature.

Could I get another box?
  • edited March 2023
    Substance Source - Pirates Plunder and Parameters

ONE DOGGED LAD HAS FOUND OUR SECRET COVE

@balloonnation
    Arrr, listen up ye landlubber! I've heard rumors that there's a scallywag who's been designing subpar cards! I dare ye to prove me wrong and create a card that's worthy of the high seas. It should have a unique ability that sets it apart from all the other cards in the game. We be needin' a card for a legendary pirate captain, the craftiest devil to ever sail the seven seas. This card needs to show off their quick thinkin' and clever plannin', 'cause they be known for outwittin' even the smartest of their foes. And don't ye forget, it's gotta be balanced enough to use in standard, or ye'll be rustlin' up a raft of turtle shells on that there lonely speck o' land.
  • The Leviathan

THE PIRATE LORD HIMSELF HAS MADE HIS WAY INTO OUR SEAS

@SpellPiper2213

I be tellin' ye 'bout the most fearsome beast that ever roamed the seven seas. This creature be known to swallow ships whole, and none have ever seen it up close and lived to tell the tale. But I've encountered the beast, and lived to tell the tale. Ye need to create a card that represents this beast, with abilities that reflect its massive size, ferocity, and the fear it strikes into the hearts of sailors. The card should not be made for commander, but as a finishin' blow in draft or sealed. Do ye have what it takes to create such a card?
  • Somebody rustle me up another treasure chest of mystery.
  • edited April 2023

The Swamp 2 - The king

PIRATES HAVE SUMMONED A FILTHY BEAST TO FIGHT THE TREASURE BOX HOARDERS: The @FERALITATOR

First, THE @feralitator came ashore in the seaside nation known as the @balloonnation

@feralitator vs @balloonnation
    Avast ye and listen up! I be needin' yer help with somethin'. I want ye to create a card fer me.. It's gotta be a card that's representin' a crafty and mischievous faerie. These faeries be known for their sly ways and their power to bend reality to their advantage. The card ye create needs to have an ability that reflects this mischievous nature. This landlubbin' faerie will join the side of the @feralitator or the @balloonnation to sway the battle in yer favor.. Make sure it be balanced though, we don't want it to be too powerful for the game. Can ye do that for me?
  • Severe Crimes Could Earn This Excruciating Punishment

@jpastor Create a removal spell that's a take on keelhauling and involves a Vehicle.
  • i accept this insanely difficult challenge that i will probably fail. @Jadefire

• edited April 2023
    Oh boy
  • @jpastor If Caught in the Brights is a thing, this challenge is definitely doable.
  • @jpastor I’d like a mystery box please.

• A FIERCE BATTLE BETWEEN THE PIRATES AND THE MYSTERY BOXERS HAS ENSUED.

@Robo_Kitty
    Ye want to create a card that befits a true terror of the seas - an ancient dragon, whose name alone sends shivers down the spine of any soul with a lick of sense. This card must be fitting for a dragon that commands such respect and fear. And it should possess an ability that befits the creature's reputation - something that makes even the bravest sailor quiver in their boots. And if that ain't enough, it should have flavor text that captures the dread and terror that the dragon instills in all who behold it.
  • Pirates

The Mystery Boxers fight back, sending the amazing vessel into battle, The @LordArcadian. A redwood flagship that can catch anything in the high sees. The Mystery Boxers first target, the relentless Captain @Sp1derclaw

@LordArcadian vs @Sp1derclaw
    Alas me mateys, ye've been invited to partake in the Mystery Box Pirates Event. One for the ages, I can assure you. 

Challenge: I be needin' ye to craft a card that be a scurvy dog of a thief. This bilge rat be famous fer plunderin' all manner of valuable treasures from their foes. Make sure ye give this card an ability that reflects their thievin' ways, and be sure it's fair fer use as an uncommon.

This thief is stowed away on one of the two ships ye see here in this photo. Whoever be worthier with their crafted card shall be the one who this thief will lend a hand to in the battle that will take place when the LordArcadian ship catches up to Captain Spiderclaw.
  • Me dragon of the seas! He commands the fear and respect of all sailors!

• A Mystery Challenge: Create an "Indentured" creature (i.e., an efficiently costed creature with a drawback that's favourable for your opponent).

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/wuzrak-indentured-mage?list=user
    Wuzrak Indentured Mage

(Didn't manage to get flying on this one for the frisbee prize)

Another box, please?
  • Pirates

PIRATES HAVE ABANDONED A COUPLE MUTINOUS LADS AT @HINGES COVE, A PLACE KNOWN FOR ITS FINE NATURAL MINERALS, SUCH AS @KORORA12, WHICH CAN BRING GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO USE IT. THESE TWO MUTINOUS LADS ARE THE ONE AND ONLY CAPTAIN @MINOUCHEN AND THE MIGHTY @ELYAS_STERLING

@Hinges vs @Korora12 -

Avast ye, I invite ye to partake in the grandest pirate adventures the high seas have ever yielded. Your challenge be to create a card that represents a mischievous imp who be lovin' causin' chaos and confusion. The card should have an ability that reflects the imp's trickster nature, as well as a mana cost and power/toughness appropriate fer a creature of its size.

This Imp creature will either remain on Hinges Cove to destroy the crops of the locals, or it will consume some of the Korora and take flight across the seas, wrecking havoc to the pirates that be invadin' these waters.

@Minouchen vs @Elyas_Sterling

I've invited ye to Hoist the Jolly Roger and join the pirate invasion event of the Mystery Box Treasure Islands. Ye be needin' to create a card that represents a powerful sorcerer who be wieldin' the forces of fire and brimstone. The card should have a mana cost and power/toughness appropriate fer a sorcerer of its skill, as well as an ability that reflects its mastery over fire magic. 

The lad who finds better acquaintance with this sorcerer shall survive the elements of Hinges Cove and wield the magic necessary to return to civilization.

Encounter

@12SidedGuy

Shiver me timbers, create a card that represents a legendary artifact that has been sought after fer centuries by treasure hunters and adventurers. The card should have a unique ability that reflects the artifact's power, as well as a mana cost and rarity appropriate fer a highly prized artifact.

What the blazes be that creature breachin' our path? "Captain, that's a Narrrrrwhal."

• @jpastor I’d like another mystery box please.
  • edited April 2023

Sea of Thieves the Kraken attacksAs the pirates sailed through the treacherous waters, the skies began to darken and the winds picked up. Suddenly, the ship shook violently, causing the crew to stumble and cling to anything they could find. It was then that they saw massive jaws swallow the narwhal whole.

@Robo_Kitty

Arrr, listen up, matey! We be needin' a card for a creature that strikes fear in the heart of any sailor who lays eyes on it. This sea monster lurks in the deep, and it needs a mana cost and power/toughness that be fitting for its monstrous size and strength. And let's not forget an ability that shows just how deadly it can be! Lastly, we need some flavor text that reminds us all of the terror and danger we face on the high seas.
  • Yer task be to create a creature card that embodies this fearsome pirate and his mighty trident. The card must grant ye the ability to summon and control sea creatures, and it must be fair and balanced fer use in standard.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/kalista-gwin-one-with-the-sea

Art of a trident-wielding pirate that wasn't Aquaman or a merfolk was not easy to find so I had to go with the gender shift on the challenge.  Can I get another mystery box?
  • No life signs

PIRATES ARRIVED at the island where the treasure was said to be hidden

Ahoy, @Jadefire! I want you to create a card that showcases a cursed artifact that can bring creatures back from Davy Jones' Locker. The card better have a one-of-a-kind ability that showcases its cursed power, and the mana cost and rarity better befit a cursed artifact. And make sure to add some flavor text that tells the tale of the cursed artifact's grim history and warns of the dire repercussions of using its wicked powers.
  • Here you are, on tricky, crop-destroying, mineral-consuming Imp:

• @Korora12
    I love it. Let me know if ye'd like another mystery treasure chest
  • This is my card for the challenge to create a powerful sea beast that strikes fear into the hearts of all sailors .

• PIRATES HAVE FOUND THE HIDDEN MYSTERY BOXES. THE MYSTERY BOXERS RUSH TO INTERCEPT...

@Robo_kitty [Team Mystery Boxers] vs @MarvelousHavel [PIRATE LORD] - Ahoy, me hearties! Listen up, ya landlubbers. I be needin' a card that be representin' a cursed swamp, infested with deadly critters and foul miasma. This card needs to have a special ability that be reflectin' the hazards of that swamp, along with a mana cost and rarity befitting such a treacherous place. And don't forget, ye need to write some flavor text that warns them who be venturin' too deep into the swamp! So hoist the mainsail, and get to work, ye scallywags!

The more fairly worded swamp shall be the final restin' place of thy opponent.

• New Prize List Coming Soon

This discussion has been closed.