Embodiment of a Song (Tommia Set Challenge)

Comments

• @Corwinnn Of all the things I would put on my "will not listen" list, Coldplay and Eric Clapton are not even remotely close to being the first thing to spring to mind, haha. That's a pretty odd dislike, though I think Eric Clapton is irrationally dull.

Personally I have this unnatural bias towards almost all kinds of electronic music... just makes my head hurt.
  • @Grimshac - Well Clapton is mostly just an association to something bad... much like Stairway to Heaven. I know people love them, but I can't listen to them without thinking about something terrible... so I choose not to listen.
    XD
  • edited April 2016
    You sound like a cartoon crocodile in northeastern Africa. "Just let me live in da' Nile!"

XD

• @Corwinnn-please note that all music is beautiful. I hate the majority of certian bands (AC/DC, Rise Against, Avenged Sevenfold), but each band has a song that I like (Back in Black, Hero of War, and So Far Away). it is a matter of finding what you like within what you don't like. Also, I don't think that coldplay covers other people's music. Sure, they have had a lot of people claim rights to some of their songs, but, with any succecfull band, that will happen.
  • @stormbreath

That all music is beautiful is... well, a personal opinion, I guess, but it will be a cold day in hell before I call most music "beautiful" - go to youtube, search "blood for the blood god acoustic" and tell me that's beautiful :P
    Funny? Yes. Dreadful? Absolutely! Beautiful? I hope not x-X
  • edited April 2016
    @stormbreath - It's pretty much just those three I don't want to listen to. Everything else is open for business.
    XD
  • edited April 2016
    http://m.sparknotes.com/lit/pride/

Beauty is beholden unto naught but itself, that such irreverence could be mastered is the hollow dream of a madman.

You know, like unicorns and rainbows.
  • edited April 2016
    oh boy...

If possible, please do not debate in the contest unless it pertains to an entry

@Grimshac: It's "borderline" in terms of the rules, but Storm the Sorrow would be perfect for this contest.

@kauyon: T_T

@saveria201: Nice card!

@CrucibleOfHate, @stormbreath, @Grimshac, anyone else to whom it may concern: Since this Screamo part seems to have everyone in a bind, I'll be more general and just say that songs with excessive screaming lyrics aren't allowed.

To whom it may concern: Though some may be opposed to it, I have my reasons for banning certain types of music, yet allowing others. Though these restrictions have a decent bit of wiggle room, they will still be enforced whenever I feel necessary.
  • can i do metallica??

*innocent face*
  • @ostewart so long as it isn't an especially religious or obscene one, of course! I've seen plenty of cards based on Metallica songs though, so try to be original!
  • @Tommia

If we don't debate a contest, what's the point? Contests should change and improve over time, and this is one way to do it, wouldn't you say? Besides, it freely bumps your thread with at least semi-relevant conversation.

Also, you didn't answer my question about The Spirit Carries On?
  • @Grimshac Whoops!

About "The Spirit Carries On." After some consideration, I'm tossing that rule and replacing it with "no excessively anti-religious or sinful content."
  • @Grimshac-I said that all music is beautiful. Not that all music is beautiful to everyone. I hate Grateful Dead, or Kayne West, or Eminem, and you can hate music of types. I like music I think is beautiful, and so do you.

PS: @Corwinnn-as far as I know, you have no implicit hatred of Coldplay besides there "Cover Frenzy", so I think this would be nice for you to listen to:

As far as I know, this is a completely coldplay origional. (Besides, if I wanted to, I could connect Back in Black with Haleluiah. It's simply which songs are closer to each other.)
  • edited April 2016
    @stormbreath

Pedantry. I absolutely love this song, but I wouldn't call it beautiful. Powerful, rather. Beautiful? I think not.

@Tommia

In that case: The Spirit Carries On

There is a link in the comment section.

Second entry - Storm the Sorrow, by Epica
  • @Grimshac - Great song. Not a huge fan of that growling style of singing, but it works here because it's understandable and very melodic. Adding that to the good pile!
  • Here are a few songs I believe are beautiful.

The list could go on and on. I just really love music that embraces thoughtfulness, deep self-expression and the celebration of the intricacies of sound on a level that resonates with my inner self. And isn't that what being human is all about.
  • edited April 2016
    @Corwinnn Indeed - I am not a huge fan of the harsh vocal style either, but I do have some odd ones out here and there, Ghost Brigade being one of them, for those somber days.
  • Here is my first entry in the Classical/Orchestral Category
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/noche-acosador
  • Wow... this discussion fascinates me. Or rather - the existence and perpetuation of this discussion among the normally quick and lighthearted discussions on this forum... fascinates me.

On another note, here are my entries:
    Card - http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/long-time
    Song -

Card - http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/detroit-rock-city
    Song -
  • I have yet to see a song or artist mentioned that I didn't like. This site needs more hipsters for me to yell at.

@kauyon ....
    :/
  • System Of A Down - Toxicity... yay/nay?
    Lauv - The Other?
  • Disturbed, Master of War ok?
  • edited April 2016
    @tommia, the check this page out link just opens up this in another page.
  • edited April 2016
    Here's my entry for the Rock genre
  • "Saahm-weere, bee-tween the say-krid psy-lens and sleep. Dis-order. Dis-order. Dis-oorrr-der."
  • my second rock entry.

Turn to Glass
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/turn-to-glass?list=user

Based on the song Glass by Bat for Lashes
  • No time to adress individual entries, but no need to. All of them so far are awesome!
  • Automatons Revolt
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/automatons-revolt

Based on Bang Your Head (Metal Health) by Quiet Riot

This discussion has been closed.