Hardest Challange Ever!!! (Rules Changed Again)

I want you to make a From the Vault set. The set is to contain cards specifically made by others (but you can make them too).
-15 Cards
-Must have 2 Lands
-Must have Basic Lands to go along (1 of each color you used.)
-Also include all tokens that go along (If a card gives tokens, find more tokens)
-Cards should range from extreme OP to extreme UP (From really powerful cards to really underpowered cards)
-They must be cards that match your playstyle (Squirrels for @Corwinnn)
-They must be cards that fit together (Horsemanship, artifacts, squirrels...)
-They must be cards you respect, or admire, even if it is underpowered
-The cards must have proper formatting
-The cards must have a story and a thing explaining the cards
-The cards should be not have to include a Planeswalker
-The cards may come from you
-The cards should have a couple of new mechanics, and really really old ones

1st place=10 cards of my choice favorited, 5 cards of your choice favorited, 1 card made of you, 1 trophy, 1 competition of you
2nd place=8 cards of my choice favorited, 4 cards of your choice favorited, 1card made of you, 1 trophy
3rd place=5 cards of my choice favorited, 3 cards of your choice favorited, 1 trophy
4th place=3 cards of my choice favorited, 2 cards of your choice favorited
5th place=3 cards of my choice favorited, 1 card of your choice favorited
6th place=2 cards of my choice favorited, 1 card of your choice favorited
7th place=1 entry of my choice favorited

Comments

• How exactly is this any harder than any other full-deck challenge?
  • edited July 2016
    I agree with @CrucibleOfHate. This is actually quite easy since there's no real restrictions on it.

Suggestions for making it harder (if you wish to do so) could include, but are not limited to: restricting individual/total CMC, restrictions on colors (whether it's the number of colors or needing to use a certain color), restricting card types, restricting creature types, and even restricting the number of any given card type in a deck. You could even do something crazy like restrict the total power of all creatures in the deck if you wanted to.
  • Or simply forcing us to stick to a flavorful theme like Wizards does for their structure packs.
  • I guess you are right...
  • edited July 2016
    Change the name to the "Only 'Challange' Ever!!!!" :'D
  • edited July 2016
    For clarification, do the first three rules mean we can only have 15 unique card names, and exactly two colors in the deck? Please clarify on how the manabase is supposed to work, because your current rules make no sense. Also, you have no way of knowing if we're following rule 8, and does rule 11 mean that we cannot use planeswalkers, or that we shouldn't feel the need to use them if they aren't necessary? Finally, please define "new" and "old" for the last rule.
  • @cadstar369, I am sorry for not making this clear. The 2 lands do not include basic lands. The basic lands are like tokens, they are outside the game. I can remove the rule of you want.

Rule 8 is just that you should pick a card you like, not just randomly get one. I have no way of knowing, so that is just honor system

Rule 11 means that I wish it would, although it is optional to include a Planeswalker

The last rule means that cards should include custom and non-custom mechanics.

I am sorry for not making this clear. I will change when able.
  • Would this then be a valid entry if it had two more cards (one of which is a land)? Or do the cards have to come from other people? http://mtgcardsmith.com/user/Faiths_Guide/sets/10133
  • edited July 2016
    So what you're saying is that we can only have 2 nonbasic lands? Also, you didn't answer the questions about colors or the 15 cards rule.
  • edited July 2016
    @Faiths_Guide, they don't have to come from other people, I just made that rule to make it easier for some people. But, if you used your own cards, it must be your very best and very favorite and still fit
    the rules.
  • @Cadstar, you can have 2 non basic lands, but you can have more. I still want you to have 15 cards, and I do want at least 1 basic land for each color you used.
  • So...I'm still unclear as to whether I should make exactly 15 or more than that, and also whether or not I can use more than 2 colors, and whether or not the basic lands count towards said 15 cards.
  • @cadstsr, 1st, it is 15 cards (including 2 lands), added with the necessary tokens and basic lands. The basic lands are an addition, and I can make it optional.
  • I'm still unclear as to exactly what you want, but should it look something like this?

From The Vault: Entropy
  • @casstar369, the set ranges from bad cards to extreme op, from bad art to good art, and has the right weird looking tokens and the ugly land. Exactly what a from the vault set should look like! Nice job!
  • So... Should I end this?
  • It's only been five days. Give some other people some time to make stuff. It would also help if you put a fixed end date in the rules.
  • @cadstar369, what I meant was that there aren't enough entries
  • That's why I was suggesting that you give more time, since people don't normally make 15 card sets.
  • @Cadstar369, or they just are too lazy.
  • There have been too many days since the last entry. I will not give out the major prizes, but I will still give out a prize. Each participant will get a card made by me in the next week, when depending on how much I procrastinate. This contest has been closed.
This discussion has been closed.