The Dimensions they are A-Changin': Timeshifted Contest

Hello fellow Cardsmiths! It's been a while since I've done one of these. But I've had this idea for a little while now and I haven't been as active as usual lately (college, urgh), so I figured this would be a good way to re-integrate with the community.

In the set Planar Chaos, there were a set of special border cards printed that were basically colorshifted versions of previous, classic cards. Examples below:

imageimageimage

These are all colorshifted versions of other popular cards (Silver Knight, Whirling Dervish, and Force Spike, respectively).

This challenge is to create a card that is a colorshifted version of an existing Magic card. There are some additional guidelines I want to add:

1) No explicit breaks of the color pie. A red Cancel will not be acceptable. You are allowed to change an effect of a card slightly in order to prevent a breakage of the color pie, however. For instance:

It's a timeshifted version of Birds of Paradise, but the ability was changed slightly in order to stay within blue's area of the color pie. Also, minor breaks (a keyword in a color that doesn't typically get that keyword) will be acceptable, but please provide explanation in your entry why the effect is valid.

2) Multicolored cards are allowed, but ALL colors of the card must be changed in the timeshifted entry. An Orzhov (white-black) card, for instance, must be either Simic (green-blue), Izzet (blue-red), or Gruul (red-green).

3) Up to five entries are allowed. If you want to change entries, comment that your entry is replacing an older one.

4) Please post an image or a link to the original card.

PRIZES AND LOOT!

First Place: Five favorites of cards of your choosing, critique on five cards of your choosing, and a follow if I'm not already.

Second Place: Five favorites of cards of your choosing and critique on one card of your choosing, OR one favorite of a card of your choosing and critique on five cards of your choosing. Your choice. (I might have overdone something here).

Third Place: One favorite and one critique.

Honorable Mention: I dunno. A cookie? Sure, let's go with that. Or an unglued vanity card made by yours truly.

Happy smithing!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.