MTGC Editor Card Text Bugs/Issues (Need help!)

Hello fellow cardsmiths, I'm posting this thread as a means to compile the information with a bug we're facing on the MTGC card editor. For some reason, the lines are being ended when there is an excess of room demonstrated by smaller words.

This normally wouldn't be too major. But due to longer words like "battlefield" being moved causing large empty spaces on our cards, this is a big concern. Below will be two examples of the same card worded spaced out slightly differently cuasing issues. (Shown both as plain text and in card form!)

(This thread was created to make it easier to display the below resources.)

imageimage

Card Example 1: (Note Eminence is italicized in the card editor!)
-----
You may cast Ayres, the Transient Soul as a
copy of another creature you control for that
creature's casting cost. (This includes alternate
costs.)
Eminence - As long as Ayres, the Transient Soul is
in the command zone or on the battlefield, you
may cast creature spells as copies of other
creatures you control with the same converted
mana cost for that creature's casting cost.
-----

Card Example 2:
-----
You may cast Ayres, the Transient Soul as a
copy of another creature you control for that
creature's casting cost. (This includes alternate
costs.)
Eminence - As long as Ayres, the Transient Soul
is in the command zone or on the battlefield, you
may cast creature spells as copies of other
creatures you control with the same converted
mana cost for that creature's casting cost.
-----

Details:
The major issue is with ending the line before or after the word "is", highlighted in the text examples. The word battlefield should be able to still fit on the line, as compared with the words "transient" and "soul".

Hopefully the editor can be tweaked in the upcoming weeks! :)

Comments

• edited August 2017
    @mtgcardsmith, @Corwinnn
    I am wondering if you could look into this issue with the card editor, as it has a big impact when larger words are present. A common occurance in "enter the battlefield" abilities.

I will be posting this via the feedback section of the mtgcardmith website. This is just for easier access and reference.
  • Curse you BATTLEFIELD! You have plagued us for FAR TOO LONG!!!
  • @Corwinnn
    Lol. XD

I just know that it needs to be fixed because we can't re-size text like WotC.
  • edited August 2017
    @modnation675 - I can tell you that the issue was addressed once, a while back, and we achieved some mild improvements. It plagues us to this day, but there may still be some room for improvement!
  • edited August 2017
    @Corwinnn
    No problem, I understand it's not a quick fix. As well as will take some time!

Note: It's just funny/confusing that the word "it" seems to take more space than "you". At least to the editor! XD
This discussion has been closed.