Your all-time best cards

2»

Comments

• I meant power wise. It is so broken.
  • edited October 2017
    @urtar370 except that's not what this thread is about. It's specifically for highest quality and well made cards.
    Making a broken card is easy, balancing takes skill and understanding of the game.
  • edited October 2017
    These are some of the cards I'm happiest about:

image image
    image image
    image image
  • @Animist pretty much all your cards could go here :P
  • edited October 2017
    @TheClayKnight @urtar370 This thread is not about high-quality, well-balanced cards. It's about the cards you have made and are proud of, but get overshadowed by your lesser creations. Even if your favorite card is in fact terrible or broken, it still fits in this thread. This thread is for bringing attention to the unappreciated jewels of your collection.
  • Some examples:

This is my most favorited card with 17 favorites. I don't understand this for several reasons.
    a). This card is extremely broken. It is essentially a reusable Tricks of the Trade.

b). The card doesn't work. It is missing one very important word in its first ability. It doesn't actually transform into an enchantment. It just gains the subtype aura.

c). This card is boring and frustrating to play against. As long as you keep up a steady stream of creatures, you will always have at minimum, an unlockable 2/3 creature. Even if said creature is destroyed, that doesn't destroy the enchantment, making it more like an op equipment. The only way to properly get rid of it in a deck built around it is to carry enchantment removal, which is a rare thing indeed.

In my opinion, this is my all-time best card. It's fun to play and build around, it's powerful, but doesn't make the game insufferable for your opponent.

Assuming that you play it on turn three, the two damage it does then is just pathetic, although the eot does help. It gets much better, but not unbeatable, with more mana, as it then only has 2 toughness.

• edited October 2017
    imageimage

According to favorites these two are my better cards I've made since the site rebuild.
  • I don't go on favorites, since funny enough my two most favorited cards were mostly either extremely flaxed or seriously broken (though I did fix one of them...)
  • @TheClayKnight - Thank you for the kind words :)
  • edited October 2017
    This is an... interesting thread. Here's my personal favorites from among my own creations (They're not that great, so...): https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/captain_Pugsley/sets/25151

• edited October 2017
    My personal favorites:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/kltmtg29/sets/25155

My pet cards (i.e. not actually good but I like them):
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.