Post your cards here, see what others think

Comments

• edited October 2017
    How does the following look? Does it need cost adjustment? (If so, is 4 CMC good?)

Beautiful artwork, eh! :)

imageimage
  • @Faiths_Guide - I'm glad that you like it!
  • edited October 2017
    Does anyone get the hidden joke?
  • @modnation675
    The name of the card seems out-of-place in contrast to the card and art. But that's just my silly opinion.
    As i undersand, It works quite similar to demonic/diabolic tutor just that you gain an additional card from your opponent and you don't run the risk of discarding the cards. Also you can play with up to 8 theoretical cards of the same name in your deck without actually using up the slots.

However, i don't think it can be said to actually be considered more powerful demonic tutor if you don't face a deck that your 65 cards + would be good against. So what i'm saying is that against an ordinary deck Waiting in the Wings becomes better the better your sideboard is but that indicates that your 60-card deck is weaker that it's peak. The cards effectiveness probably lies in the first game when no modifications can be made and then later on it's probably just a slightly more expensive demonic tutor with additional effect. But it's weaker than a demonic tutor because your deck is made worse because the targeted cards are not in the deck and must be tutored for.

With this in mind i think it's resonable to keep it at 3 cmc.

Thoughts?

Also i had to remove some text when i designed the card so it got protection instead of conditionally indestructible, Superior Menace and pseudo-hexproof from the specified player.
    It also lacks a reference to "Mother's Sacrifice" which i would like to be in the exile zone in addition to the cards condition but that may just be too much.
    Is it possible for me to shorten the text so that i can include this instead of protection?

The card is meant to be played together with these two:
    image image

• edited October 2017
    @Jonteman93 - I think in order to make Vengeful Mother a thing, it would need flash. Or else the times it would activate are too few i think. I do like the concept of creatures tutoring up instants though in your second idea. I feel like that's something that could show up as a mechanic in the future.

Hi all, my commander playgroup allows us too use custom commanders from time to time. We each pick a random color identity and then create a commander. There are usually 8 of us and if the created card is disapproved based on power level by 2 or more members, we can;t use it. I've used a couple custom commanders now and I can't get enough of creating legendary creatures from Magic's storyline. I'd love some feedback on the power level or just overall feedback on how I've done with the cards I've created so far.

Runo Stromkirk - https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/runo-stromkirk-4

This will be the next deck I make depending on the review of Runo's power level. I was inspired by the commander 2017 product and wondered what a grixis vampire tribal deck might look like that was parallel to the commander 2017 decks. Stromkirk vampires usually deal with madness so I created him to be a sort of madness enabling commander. I actually plan to make a grixis vampire 2017 -esque precon containing a few new supporting cards in addition to Runo. I still have to come up with the other legendary vampires to include. I could also use some feedback on the power level of Runo. I'm not the most experienced player.... do you think I made him too powerful?

Anje Falkenrath - https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/anje-falkenrath-1

To go into the Runo deck

Sadistic Ritual - https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sadistic-ritual

Another card for the future Runo deck

Ezirith of the Dark Hours - https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ezirith-of-the-dark-hours

Am currently toying around with dredge-like commanders

Sobeslav the Necromancer - https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sobeslav-the-necromancer

Again with the dredge. Combined with one of my favorite effects stolen from Deadbridge Chant. I haven't used this as a commander by itself yet, but I currently have it in the 99 of the Ezirith deck I've built. I fear that he will be too powerful as a commander by himself and thus, be disallowed by my playgroup. Sobeslav is Jarad's main assistant in the story.

Tawnos, Master Artificer - https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/tawnos-master-artificer

This is the first custom commander I made and built around. I drew it out of a hat and knew I wanted to make an artifact commander. It was tricky making him not too overpowered.

Priestess Vaylesh - https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/priestess-vaylesh

I've always wanted a cleric tribal commander. Vaylesh in the story is a cleric who supports the Ebon Hand so the addition of black makes sense I think. I haven't made a deck around her yet and I think I'l have to add a tap to make her ability a little less powerful.

Sorry in advance for not including card images. This is my first post and I'm unsure how to do that. Thanks to anyone who is willing to click the links and check the cards out.
  • edited October 2017
    @Smuttny check page 58 of this discussion, @modnation675 gave the imagelink there

hope that this one is less extreme and more balanced with the adjustments made
  • Thoughts?

@Credius
    It's better with those revisions!
  • edited October 2017
    This is my first planeswalker card any thoughts?
  • edited October 2017
    @Djayhero
    It's a nice example for a first planeswalker. We should really try making another as it's really cool to balance. (Although challenging!)

Most feedback we have is just changes to wording that'll make it easier for you to make cards with. Personally, we have a tendency to revert to past wordings because we like old school cards a lot. :)

Card Name: Athena, the Brave
    Subtype: Athena
    ---
    +1: Create two 1/1 red Soldier creature tokens with haste.
    0: Creature tokens you control get +1/+2 until end of turn.
    -2: Athena deals 3 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.
    ---

Aside from this, you can experiment with different types of abilities on future planeswalkers. The only limit generally being the reduced card space to fill abilities with. (Well have to try making one soon!)
  • What are your reactions to this colorful thingy?

• edited October 2017
    @TenebrisNemo
    What we were dreaming of was more Omnath abilities. Lol.
    -----
    Whenever Beast of Paradise deals combat damage to a player, add that much mana of any one color to your mana pool. This mana doesn't empty from your mana pool as steps and phases end.
    -----
  • @Faiths_Guide
    Can't blame us for dreaming. XD
  • I have been creating this idea for a set (which I will release as a contest as soon as I get premium) and I need to know if this is the best way to word this new ability, reforge.
  • Inspired by the 2017 commander decks, I wanted to see what a grixis tribal commander deck might look like, so I created Runo Stromkirk and made him pretty parallel to Edgar. I plan on building a deck around him as long as he's not too overpowered. I'll also be making a couple of additional cards for the deck, like Anje Falkenrath (I know, not the same clan, but oh well). I still need to find characters and create cards for the other two primary grixis commanders

• I will say it looks good but the last ability of the commander seems to fit zombie tribal more than vampire.

imageimageimage

My one request for feedback is nobody complain about color pie with the second one, there is a counter spell in every color in mtg. Its just blue has more.
  • edited October 2017

Thoughts?
  • Thoughts?

@Lord-Wolffe-III
    I like the Hordemate :)
  • edited October 2017
    Just an equipment card i made any thoughts?
  • @Djayhero

I think it would be much more useful and arguably more balanced if you add a "You may" clause, but that might damage flavour a bit. Right now, I'd say it is too expensive.
  • edited October 2017

Made this for the reactivation challenge. I could only find a couple of cards that do things 'secretly' (Stalking Leonin and Menacing Ogre) and I've tried to stick to their wording as much as possible. Hopefully it makes sense!
  • @Animist
    Makes sense to me! It's a pretty cool concept!
  • Updated wording (above), thanks @AustinSmith!

This is dedicated to a friend of mine. He unintendently invented this card.
  • Thoughts? Top down design for a small character in one of the novels (The Purifying Fire).
  • edited October 2017

@Stormtide
    You can just say "Gain control of target creature. It becomes a black Vampire."
    (I'd probably add "in addition to its other colors and types" to be more consistent with other WoTC Vampires.)
This discussion has been closed.