Mechanix Challenge - Twenty Five

84 years ago, Corwinnn, MrRansom, AustinSmith and Tomigon started a project called TheMechanix. Now, its secret is revealed. It is where we organize all custom keyword mechanics posted to Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL.

For Mechanix Challenge - Twenty Five
We would like you to choose a custom keyword mechanic from THIS SET: https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/TheMechanix/sets/28208
and make an incredible card that uses it.

In Mechanix Challenge - Twenty Five, the focus is on Ability name
MC-25 features mechanics from @WitchDoctor133, @michaelmvm, @AustinSmith, @DanDanDio, @Animist, @Luigifan, @Ludos, @JAM, @MrRansom, @Suicidal_Deity, @Cryptonight, @KJMartin, @JaceNalaar

CRITERIA
Presentation, art selection, templating, spelling, balance, creativity and flavor.

Limit of twelve entries max per person.
Only new cards.
Deadline: February 19
*Top 3 winners will get a super amazing -TROPHY- and added to -HALL OF FAME- !

Comments

• edited February 2018
    "Vengeful" by WitchDoctor133
    Vengeful - Whenever a creature you control dies, (effect…)
    Edited version by Tomigon
    Vengeful - Whenever a creature you control that was dealt combat damage this turn dies, (effect…)

"Fury" by WitchDoctor133
    Fury - When this creature deals combat damage to a player, you may sacrifice it. If you do, (effect..)

"Rebellion" by michaelmvm
    Rebellion - As long as you control another Rebel, (effect..)
    AUTHOR'S NOTE: star wars rebels
    (^In this challenge, it doesn't have to be about star wars)

"Imperialism" by AustinSmith
    Imperialism - As long as you control more (permanent type) than any other player, (effect...)
    Imperialism - [Cost]: (Effect). Activate this ability only if you control more (permanent type) than any other player.

"Immense Power" by DanDanDio (Edited by Tomigon)
    Immense power - [As long as / If] you control five or more creatures, (effect..)
    Immense power - [Cost]: (Effect). Activate this ability only when you control five or more creatures.

"Mindful" by Animist
    Mindful - [As long as / If ] you are the player with the most cards in hand or are tied for most cards in hand, (effect..)
    Mindful - [Cost]: (Effect). Activate this ability only when you are the player with the most cards in hand or are tied for most cards in hand.

"Disrupt" or "Concuss" by Luigifan (Edited by Tomigon)
    Disrupt - If [that player/its controller] lost 4 or more life this turn, (additional bad effect for that player..)

"Naturecall" by Ludos
    Naturecall - Whenever you cast a creature spell, (effect)
    Naturecall - [cost]: (effect). Activate this ability only if you cast a creature spell this turn.
    Naturecall - If you cast a creature spell this turn, (effect) instead.

"Ethereal" by JAM
    Ethereal - When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, if it doesn't have a -1/-1 counter on it, put a -1/-1 counter on it and (effect..)

"Spellspent" by MrRansom, Suicidal_Deity and Cryptonight
    Spellspent - If there are two or more instant and/or sorcery cards in your graveyard, (weaker effect..)
    NOTE: Opposite of Spell mastery. If your graveyard is empty, the card is very powerful. If Spellspent works, the card gets different or additional characteristics that makes itself less powerful.

"Congregation" by KJMartin
    Congregation - As long as you control three or more other permanents that share a color with this permanent, (effect..)
    Congregation - [cost]: (effect). Activate this ability only if you control three or more other permanents that share a color with this permanent.
    Congregation - If you control three or more permanents that share a color with this spell, (effect..)

"Unlikely Circumstances" by JaceNalaar, (edited by Tomigon)
    Unlikely circumstances - When you cast this spell, roll a N-sided die. On a N, (effect..)
    AUTHOR'S NOTE: N is a variable that you can change into whatever you want.

• edited February 2018
    Examples:
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• edited February 2018
    First:

(Man, I've missed the last couple of these.)
  • edited February 2018
    Here is my first try at MC-25 with "Vengeful". I made it so that it only works with horrors you control, so it wouldn't go out of control:)
    edited it, How bout da?
  • edited February 2018
    my 1st entry (I went with the mindful ability):
  • edited February 2018
    Here is entry #2 with Congregation:
  • edited February 2018
    Here is #3 with Overwhelming Immense Power;)
  • Thanks for your entries everyone!

@Faiths_Guide
    Welcome back!

@Dechujoh64
    Your Mosac, Leadlight Terrorwon't work. but actually that's a good mistake.
    You use "Vengeful" as though it's a keyword ability (Like flying, haste, vigilance,). WitchDoctor133's Vengeful is an ability name (Like Battalion, Enrage, Heroic,,). So you can't give creature's ability name like this: "Horror creatures you control get +1/+1 and Vengeful." I don't know what ability Horror creatures can get. Vengeful is just a name and not ability itself.

• @Tomigon thank you for letting me know, will change it later today.
  • edited February 2018
    I knew being an Animist fanboy would come in handy. Lucky I wanted to make this card fairer, too.
  • I edited @WitchDoctor133's Vengeful mechanic a little bit. @Faiths_Guide
    @everyone you can use this version in this challenge if you want.
    Vengeful - Whenever a creature you control that was dealt combat damage this turn dies, (effect…)
  • My 2nd entry I used Fury by @WitchDoctor133:
  • Nice cards everyone!

@Dechujoh64
    You edited your Bellariis, Callidona's Shadow, but you italicized the wrong part of the text. Check out example cards or other people's entries.
  • @Tomigon Here, is it better?
  • edited February 2018
    And a New Card featuring Naturecall, by Ludos
    ALSO, I made a new Mechanic called "Armageddon"
  • edited February 2018
    This one has some fury behind it:
  • even though we can have 12 entries @Tomigon, I would like to know do I have to use each mechanic or can I have two or more entries with the same mechanic
    ie: one of each or two with fury.
  • edited February 2018

Is green-white a good color for this card? After looking at Sigil Captain for wording help, I kind of felt that green-white does a lot with tokens and would do well for this.
  • edited February 2018
  • edited February 2018
    @Dechujoh64
    Thanks for fixing your cards!
    You don't have to use all mechanics to reach 12. You can use the mechanic you like as many times as you want!

@Alchemist
    Green white seems good for that card.
  • edited February 2018
  • edited February 2018
  • edited February 2018
  • edited February 2018
    Using "Unlikely Circumstances" by @JaceNalaar
This discussion has been closed.