Ravnica Guilds, Which Guild are you? Guild will win? (Closed)

Comments

• edited February 2018
    I got Golgari
    (Fortunately my favorite guild!)
  • edited February 2018
    Finally found some Simic art. Time for the past and the present to collide!

• edited February 2018
    Deleted.
  • edited February 2018
    im so glad I got Golgari, because there is SO much more you can do in the way of custom mechanics.
    Here is my first entry!

• My second submission:
  • I got the House of Dimir.
  • Lands are colorless
    @Tbeast430
  • edited February 2018
    @DoctorFro
    I meant a land that produced only green and black mana, like Golgari Rot Farm, but I changed the text so it specifically says a Golgari Guildgate.
    Thanks for telling me!
  • edited February 2018
    Here is my second entry. Like my first, it uses a custom mechanic, purge !

• Kewl, yea the land thing goes for everyone who made a card that uses lands
  • edited February 2018
    Deleted.
  • edited February 2018
    Okay, this is my final entry to this contest, and I am really proud of it. I came up with a whole story for it, and you have to read it to understand the card. (It's in the comments section formthis card)

• edited February 2018
    Second entry:

• edited February 2018

The abolishment edict has arrived! What, you didn't see my skyrunes??
  • gruul for me
  • edited February 2018
    Woohoo! Hello other Boros friends! are we taking this or what!
    Hello?
    Other Boros legionaries?
    Is there anyone in Boros here?
    I'm so lonely.
    That's even better because I don't have to look at their guild logo before I bash their head in! - Richard

• edited February 2018

Thought you could evade the law in the depths of your libraries? Well I think NOT!

Edit: Worded it a bit better
  • Can you do a card for a guild that isn't yours by the test? Cause I got Simic, but I am Dimir all the way.
  • No, sry maybe in a later contest
  • Another one.

• My third and final entry:
  • edited February 2018
    Rakdos. Kinda makes sense and I will explain my reasoning for the card below the link:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/de-personalization

I'm busting my hump on a fanfic called Horror Art Online where it takes SAO characters and inserts them into a horror survival. It sounds cringy, that's the lure. (I even name titles after creepy/pastas) instead of just IT'S A SKUR'LETON or some other crap, what the protagonists find themselves in is a psychological playground by some guy refer too as "good guy Jigsaw" who has never technically lied to them or put them in any physical danger, but tests their own moral limitations for example offering Sinon a love potion that could make Kirito think he fell inlove with her on his own accord via doses of oxytocin/dopamine, challenging Andrew on the existential concept of bad faith vs radical freedom, and how he does not have to exist in Kirito's shadow as simply the sassy sidekick, it also encourages the reader to look up such concepts as "the dark forest alien theory", "the Mandella effect", and of course... de-personalization which is a real anxiety disorder that can also be a sign of epilepsy.

The horror on the surface is weird and metaphysical, but quickly turns into man always has a choice. And no matter what he chooses, he will be left feeling regret, shame, emptiness, and self-critical judgment of what COULD HAVE been. All these choices and you won't make any of them, because without a "developer/game-master" to tell you what to do, you won't be confident enough to make them on your own.

Than to break the tension when say Andrew threatens to just signout and never play again he quotes The Eagles Hotel California. "We are programmed to receive. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave..."

EDIT: Also I did not overword "copy of sacrificed creature" as the de-personalized tokens do not have creature abilities, so this wording was done on purpose. Not only did I feel like that did not befit the intent of the card, but would be too powerful. Upon retrospect it might've been better to just make the tokens illusions, but that's more blue/black than red/black.
  • "It's sad to see no Rakdos, though I guess we should be grateful haha "

You just motivated me to make my second entry lol.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/radical-freedom

Would've preferred it be hybrid bordered instead of gold, but guess it doesn't matter as the fact remains you can choose it to be a one mana or two mana drop.
  • edited February 2018
    [in a mad man's voice]Aha! The Ingenious Izzet was the life for me after all! And they all expected me to be one of those tree hugging Selesnyans! Or those thieving little Dimir agents! I will show them! I will show them all!
  • Made by adrius15
This discussion has been closed.