I'd Like a Slice of That - **Circuit Challenge**

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Here's a common for the Jeskai Steampunk:

While certainly not on the same level as many blue draw spells in Pauper, it is still a useful one to have if you have gathered enough steam (lands). Flavourwise, it depicts a band that makes music out of scrap machinery and pipes, showcasing their inventiveness.

Edit: you could call this genre...

... rock n' steamroll

(I'll see myself out)
  • edited February 2018
    Is there a way to make a nonbasic land that produced steam-powered mana?

Also, how long does a creature stay steam-powered? Or does this steam-powered mechanic only exist in the stack?
  • Entry 2, For Jeskai Steampunk
    More for pauper than other eternal formats.
  • edited February 2018
    imageimageimage
  • OH...how did I not see this earlier...my colors are here, Abzan
  • Second - Created for the Mardu Cultists:
  • @ManaChrome I guess technically you can if you use "Steam-Powered" as a subtype on the land, but then I'd start getting concerned about power level.

A spell or creature is considered steam-powered until it finishes resolving. So on the spell finishing cast, or when the permanent enters the battlefield.
  • edited February 2018
    Second entry.

• edited February 2018
  • edited February 2018
    This is my first entry, under the Jeskai category. I took a leap of faith on this one and went for reworking my Baral Reincarnated idea, the context being Baral being brought back to life (in this time line the vedalken execute Baral for his crimes on Kaladesh) by the warlord in order to help him establish control.

• edited February 2018

Legacy? Modern?

Seems eternal to me.
  • edited February 2018
  • This belongs in the Sultai Eldritch Horrors area, definitely. I took the "land destruction theme" idea. Unfortunately, I do not play legacy, commander, or pauper, so I have no idea what power level you are looking for.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/turn-to-ooze
  • edited February 2018

First entry for the temur elves and dragons. I really liked where Faiths_Guide was going with soulbond(I'll admit, it was my first thought too). Good luck and happy cardsmithing!
  • edited February 2018
    Did someone say, evil clerics?

Kind of like a Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale on legs. Punishes go-wide strategies. Good in the early game, and great mid-late game, when you can keep the mana up to reanimate the opponent's stuff without worrying too much about the pact cost you're paying to keep this evil old man alive.

Flavour text inspired by the Gatherer ruling on Demonic Pact (check it out, it's funny).
  • I wasn't going to enter this into this contest because I made it just for fun, but seeing as how 'soulbond' came up...
  • My entry. This guy loves it when you sac, mill or discard land. He just does.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sinkertooth
  • edited February 2018
    Third entry. This time for the forest spirit faction.

• edited February 2018
    Here are my first 3 entries. I'm going with a complete steampunk team of cards.
    Also, @AustinSmith if you wish for me to change my cards name I will do so.
  • Here is entry #4 and #5
    imageimage
  • EDH Commander possibly
  • Planning on trying to do the whole cycle... but I may get hung up on the otherworldly horrors. Here's my first for that group.

Next up we have the Dungeons & Dragons... err, demons and... well...

• edited February 2018
  • 1st Entry - Mardu Cultists
  • Was working on this for something else, but it fits with w/b angels/demons with pacts, so...

It does want a monocolor hybrid symbol for the token creating ability (it should be {2/w}{w/b}) but, work with what you've got.
  • edited February 2018
    Well @eggdad, I don't know if I can top that, but I'll try.

For the Jeskai steampunk.
This discussion has been closed.