An EMINENT Power Approaches **Circuit Challenge**

Comments

• Is the second one within rule limits because it seems contraversial
  • My second entry (Hopefully a little better than the first. I'm proud of it at least):
  • edited March 2018

It does mean every creature, haste or not, defender or not, your turn or not.
  • Okay, third entry (Probably last one for today). I know this one is a LITTLE BIT crowded, but I really wanted this flavor text on the card.

• @Tbeast430: I really like your entries! I wish more people did stuff with Treefolk...
  • edited March 2018
    @Sorinjace
    If I could find Treefolk artwork I'd love to. It's just hard to search for.
  • @modnation675: I'm sure there's plENTy of treefolk artwork out there!

(See what I did?)
  • yeppers. XD

Doesn't necessarily make a ton of sense on its own, but is included in a larger set of creatures that make new laws and care when they're broken, e.g.

imageimage
  • @Beeswax So, the law doesn't stop you from doing something, but it penalizes you for doing it? Interesting idea!
  • edited March 2018
    Deleted.
  • @Beeswax That's a really cool concept you have there! =D
  • @Beeswax: that's an amazing idea!
  • edited March 2018
    Another one with partner.

EDIT: Card fixed.

My understanding is that Clerics do not have a good commander. Well, here she is (I hope). The idea is that she teaches her followers to slaughter the nonbelievers (the weak ones), which is shown in her eminence ability. It works great on X/1's and X/2's, but has diminishing returns (8 life to take down an X/4 is a bad rate). After much loss of life (pun intended), she recognises that the stronger ones are a useful addition to the order, and promptly comes down to indoctrinate them (the cast trigger). Considering that these are powerful abilities, I have tried to balance the p/t as best as I can.
  • edited March 2018
    An Angel and a Demon commander:

imageimage

Eminence is looking to compensate for the downsides of the tribe they're supposed to help. Like most iconic creature types, the biggest problem with Angels and Demons is that they are really expensive. As cost reduction had already been done by the dragon deck, I tackled the same problem using two different methods:

Habriel, the Angel commander, lets you take your beating in the early game, but quickly helps you recover once you start playing your big angels.

Bolrach, the Demon commander, lets you cycle your expensive Demons in the early game to help you find removal so you can survive until you have enough mana to cast your big demons.

EDITED: Habriel has been toned down :) Bolrach has been corrected (used to look at Demon spells in the hand instead of cards.)
  • @ningyounk that angel commander is broken...oloro only gains you two life doesnt have flying or haste and cost six cmc...and it’s bottom ability is a little much...idk I just think it is pretty broken...
  • @ningyounk that angel commander is broken...oloro only gains you two life doesnt have flying or haste and cost six cmc
  • edited March 2018
    deleted
  • @ningyounk
    Angel artwork by Thitipon Dicruen.
  • edited March 2018
    @Faiths_Guide Thanks! (How did you find it?? Google Image was of no use to me, there were just too many random pages using this illustration.)

@DoctorFro I did hesitate between several versions of the Angel commander, it's difficult to get it to do something without making it broken. The main problem with Oloro is that he gives you life every turn consistently without any kind of restriction. Habriel asks you to play an Angel to gain some life, which shouldn't start before turn 4 or 5, so they're pretty different powerwise. It may be broken though, yes ^^ I'll see what I can do to make it less potent :)

EDIT: I toned it down with the following modifications:
    - The Eminence ability now only gains you 2 life instead of an amount depending of the Angel's toughness.
    - The last ability now only deals 2 damage instead of an amount depending on the Angel's power. It also now includes the new errata about the planeswalker damage redirection that will become the new standard with Dominaria.
    - Habriel now costs only 4 mana instead of 6, to help you curve into your most common 5, 6 and 7-mana Angels.
    - Habriel's stats have been reduced accordingly at 3/4.
  • Oh, I didn’t see the that angel has to be played...so less broken....
  • @ningyounk
    Surfed through those random pages and translated a foreign one.
  • Second official entry.

• Entry 1, for all you fungus-lovers out there
  • edited March 2018
    A double-faced card, 1st entry:

imageimage
  • Entry #2, A slightly more comical but still possible commander:
  • edited March 2018
    Wow, this is a fun contest! I'll be maxing out my possible entries, but here's my first for now, focusing on Spirit tribal:

• edited March 2018
    @TheAcidicSniper please try and find the artist if you can. Becsuse the art is really awesome. If not then that is fine.
This discussion has been closed.