The Dimensions they are A-Changin': Timeshifted Contest

13»

Comments

• This contest is now closed for entries! Winners will be announced soon!
  • This was an incredibly difficult challenge to judge; there were so many excellent entries!

First, I'll announce the Honorable Mentions. Each of these competed for a place in the top three, but didn't quite make it. No worries here; they're still excellent cards!

@IanLowenthal for Writhing Earth
    The flavor transition made on this card is incredible. A throwback to an already flavorful card, but the art's striking similarity to the source material almost made this third place. Awesome entry for this challenge.

@MTGkitchentable for Angel of the Last Hour
    Simplistic yet incredible. The artwork ties in its roots in black, the flavor is excellent, and the color pie break is completely excusable for this contest.

@Platypusburger for Sludge Lurker
    Flash has a prominence in green, and the regeneration fit right in as a troll ability. Timeshifted really well; excellent entry!

@nsm91 for Toshi Umezawa
    This card is a great example of a shifted ability into colors that make more sense, while still retaining much of the original card. Awesome!

@KrampisZman for Goblin Cave-Nest
    Using up land resources to create more Goblins just made so much sense to me. The throwback flavor text is icing on the cake.

Now we move on to the top three!

THIRD PLACE goes to @Faiths_Guide for Silkstitcher!
    The colorshift was an absolute improvement. Based off a card I never seen or heard of before, and yet the shift is clear and flavorful. Love this!

SECOND PLACE goes to @meadowsatsunshine for Otherworld Angel!
    Another great card that that seamlessly shifts into another color. I especially like how there's some sort of mechanical construct in the art behind the angel that makes the metalcraft ability make flavorful sense.

FIRST PLACE goes to @koover for Forbidden Scripture!
    I love the art. I love the flavor text. I love the colorshift. I love simple cards that really bring out the fine details, and this is no exception. Congratulations!

And congratulations to everyone for participating! Everyone message me for your prizes.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

This was also a Hidden Circuit Challenge, which means first place gets 1 circuit point, second place gets 3/4, third place gets 1/2 and all the honorable mentions get 1/4!
  • Woohoo! Congrats other @Winners and @Mentionables! Thanks for the interesting contest @AustinSmith.

I get one fave and one critique?
  • Congrats guys!
  • @Faiths_Guide yes, pm me your cards
  • Nice work everyone! Thanks to @AustinSmith for such a fun challenge!
    Circuit points will be updated!
  • Congrats winners and honourables!
  • This contest is now closed.
  • edited April 2017
    Woop, thanks for this cool challenge. We need more like this!
    And thanks of course for choosing my card as 1st place! I spent like half an eternity to find a fitting artwork I like >.< Glad you like it too.
    I'll pm you my choices :)
This discussion has been closed.