I Need a New Mechanic for my Custom Set

edited June 2015 in Custom Card Sets
I am working on a custom set entitled Islands of Animara. In this the set, there are two islands on a crash course for each other. Only the aven know of this impending doom, and this set focuses on the time before the collision

The major races all need a mechanic:

The Lupin (sorta of like the Ainok in KTK) have the mechanic Pack, which reads Pack X: When this creature enters the battlefield if there are X or more lupins on the battlefield... (state effect eg. put a +1/+1 counter on target lupin.) Their colours are White and Green

The Leonin (like the Leonin in Theros) have no ability as of yet, and I would like to see your ideas for the Leonin mechanic. Here is a quick description of them to help create an ability: The leonin are a quick to react, easily angered, and very power centered. They strike powerfully and fast. Their colours are White and Red.

Finally the Aven, (like the Aven in KTK) they need a mechanic from you. They are wise and all knowing, they interact with both the highly defensive lupin and the hostile leonin. Their mechanic should display this knowledge and create a mechanic that shows how the Aven watch over and keep the two other races safe. They are White and Blue creatures

If anyone has any card ideas feel free to submit them bellow, as well as any Mechanics for the Aven or Leonin.

Thanks,
Gandalf9010

Comments

• edited June 2015
    I think that thematically, effects that require creatures of the same race to activate feels like a very animalistic touch to your set.

I haven't given much thought to how balanced these would be, but perhaps for the Leonin you could have something like these, depending on what the race is like combat-tactics wise:

~~
    [Aggressive]
    Kinship (Whenever this creature attacks or blocks, you may have a creature you control with the same subtype deal damage equal to its power to a creature you don't control)

or

[Surprising]
    Kinship (Whenever this creature attacks or blocks, you may have a creature you control with the same subtype trade places with it during the damage calculation step.)

or

[Overwhelming]
    Kinship {cost} (Whenever this creature attacks, you may put a creature with the same subtype onto the battlefield from your hand tapped and attacking by paying its mana cost plus the Kinship cost.)
    ~~
  • Also, you might want to consider looking over the Mechanic Encyclopedia the Charging Badger started up. People have been posting their custom mechanics for everyone to see and use. Just be sure to give credit to the person whose mechanic you might end up using!
    Here is the link
    http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/225/mechanic-encyclopedia-for-all/p1
  • @MystiKnight
    Thanks will definitely test out some of these mechanics
  • @Corwinnn
    Will check this out, Thanks
This discussion has been closed.