Your Weirdest MTG Stories

2»

Comments

• My dad was playing mono blue mill while i played mono green ramp, and I won with no cards in my deck.
    So i played mangara's tome and pulled out the urza lands, nissa from battle for zendikar, and karametra's acolyte. I save these until my dad takes my deck out. I have a tuskguard captain out and a couple others, and i play krakalin as 13/13 and next turn i draw my nissa and -2 her immediately. Go all in and deal 15 damage to take dad down to 1, then he quits.
  • I just one a game of draft with Atemsis. Enough said.
  • Last week, I went to a FNM draft. While me and someone else were waiting, he decided to pull out decks for us to play Planachase Commander. Suddenly, his friend decided last second that he wanted to join. We were about to start, when the store owner's best friend joined in. then, two of his friends also decided to join. So in the end, we decided to roll for random teams, and ended up playing a three team two headed giant Planechase commander match, and yes, it was as ludicrous as it sounds...
  • Oh, it was my birthday and I had three friends over. My friend had just gotten me the box with the 5 mono decks, and I had set the prize for winning as extra ice cream.
    Eventually, my cousin, who plays the least, was brought down to 1 life. But, he was running green, and basically was like a nuke. One shot, one kill. 
    So instead of killing him, we each tried bribing him to help us win. The whole game got into who was able to befriend the other, and surprisingly, the worst player out of all of us, won the game. 
    Why?
    Because me and my other friend who play alot were to stubborn to let the other one win.
  • edited May 2020
    Here's the board (actual, I swear):

Brother: 46 Life, a lot of creatures (mostly tokens), Emmara, Soul of the Accord, Viven (Champion).

Me: 7 Life, 2 Electrostatic walls, 1 Guttersnipe, Ral, Izzet Viceroy, Ral, Storm Conduit, Niv-Mizzet, Parun, Chandra (Artisan), Precognition Field, Omniscience.

My Hand, at the time: Doublecast, few lands, Cerulean Drake

Me an my brother were playing Magic. I was playing an Izzet Deck, and he was playing a Selesnya Populate. Now here's the thing: My brother had tons of lifelink soldiers and double the amount of saprolings (or as I like to call them, speed bumps.) I was at 7 life, and he was going to kill me, when I drew an Electrodominance. Obviously, I play it, and since it's about turn 26 or something, I pay A LOT of mana to kill him.

*Draw* Niv-Mizzet (1 Life) >> Electrodominance (20 est.) >> Doublecast (4 = Fields + Guttersnipe) >> Electrodominance (20 est.) >> 2 Electrostatic Fields + 1 Guttersnipe + Storm Conduit (2) = 49.

I won with about 9 cards left in my library. (Cause I was a fool and kept usong Chandra and Rals' abilities.)
  • Ooh, speaking of the underdog, I was playing a game where I was at 1 life, versus my friend who was at 16. Somehow, I was able to draw ONE card, that let me sac an imp, dealing 1 damage, burn him bad, and then finish off with some Sarkhan card.
  • A few days ago I was playing commander on Untap and basically I drew the right board wipe at the right time. I didn't win.
  • What I always found weird yet satisfying is whenever I won a game at fnm with my janky door to nothingness modern deck. I always found their faces funny when their $100 modern decks fell victim to being door'ed to death.
  • Not necessarily weird, but my cousin had been bragging for weeks about how he had the greatest deck ever, it had never lost, yada yada yada. I challenged him, and even as we were playing, he’d say stuff like, “you say that like you think you’re gonna win”, or “just wait. You’re going to lose very soon”. I beat him in 5 turns. He just said “good game” and for the rest of the day he pretended it hadn’t happened.
  • Oh yeah, one more thing. Me and him were playing some time beforehand. It was late in the game, we both had a bunch of mana. I was playing a Selesnya deck, (my best deck by far) so naturally I had 22 life. He had some sort of land he could tap to get life (I can’t really remember) so he was at 26 life. Well, I had a Titanoth Rex in my hand (9 mana 11/11) and I had just drawn a Colossification (7 mana +20/+20). It took three turns to pull off, because first I had to wait for my lands to untap after the Titanoth Rex, then I had to wait for my Titanoth Rex to untap. Meanwhile my cousin is making tokens as fast as he can to try and protect himself, but it wasn’t enough. I ended up doing exactly 28 damage and won the game.
  • Myself have not much to say other than I ate an MTG card once. It was not tasty, but it was flavorful in text. XD
  • Was doing it out of humor to be honest.
  • I was at 16 life, and my friend was at 5. He had an Evra, Halcyon Witness out and I had about 4 decent creatures. He played a Sunbond and an Angelic Gift on Evra, swung at me for 4 with Flying, Lifelink, Sunbond, gained the life, so I couldn't kill him next turn. This kept going until his lifetotal was about 20, he exchanged Evra's power with his Life total, swung for 20, gg. (Also one time he told me he played a game where he got Evra's power and his life total to 1000.)
  • yikes, that's hard to face unless you got good removal.
  • @murkletins Flavor is always important :joy:

I remember this open time when I was playing with four other people and this one person with their Ezuri elf deck kept targeting me (he does this every game). I was at one life now, and then I suddenly got control of the board. I defeated two of the players, and convinced one person to just assist me (or die). So then, the last person, who I lent my other deck to, played dragon tempest and then a dragon. Then I lost :(
  • Oh that's an awesome game.
  • One of the most memorable games I had was when I schemed with another player in EDH to exile the entire board. And when I say exile the entire board I mean the ENTIRE board, including lands.

It was a 4 player game where I was playing Izzet artifacts/artificers, my partner was nonblue Knights, and the other two players were monored artifact hate and monogreen... monogreen. While the monored player was somewhat threatening, the monogreen was truly terrifying due to his crap ton of ramp and stompy creatures. Eventually he demolished the monored player, leaving me and my partner to face against him. However, we had a trick up our sleeve. I had a Mycosynth Lattice on the field and my partner had a Merciless Eviction in their hand. Our plan was to exile all artifacts, which would wipe away everything due to the Lattice. This plan almost didn't come into fruition because the green player played a Reclamation Sage, but I countered it, keeping our plan intact. On my partner's turn, they played their Eviction, and then the green player conceded due to having no good way to recover from losing all their lands.

Soon after I got beat by my partner due to blunders on my part, but it was still a very fun game.
  • Here's a quick story from my time on MTG Arena:

I'm playing a mono-red burn deck, and I've gotten my opponent down to 1 life. However, they're playing a mill deck, and I only have about 8 cards remaining in my library. I pass the turn, and they play several mill spells, putting my library to 0. They say "Good game" in the chat. What they don't realize, though, is that I control a Spear Spewer, which is a creature that can tap to deal 1 damage to each player. I reply "Good game," and place a stop on my upkeep (making sure the game doesn't skip past it.) On my upkeep, I activate Spear Spewer for the win.
  • edited August 2020
    Ooh, here's another: 

I'm on Arena, playing (I think) a white aggro deck. I get my Azorius control-playing opponent into the mid-single digits, but they wipe the board, gain some life, and pretty soon my cause looks hopeless. I considered conceding at that time, but I decided I would wait until my opponent played a win condition, and then concede when that happened. They played enchantment after enchantment, card draw spell after card draw spell. 

My opponent never played a win condition. They died to decking.
  • I have a mill commander deck on Untap.in that I play against cEDH decks.
  • Who's your commander fellow bully @KorandAngels?
  • Bruvac
    I don't really like the deck because it's blue, but I also don't like people who draw too many cards.
This discussion has been closed.