Infinity Format

I am working on designing a multiplayer format for Magic. A 6 player free-for-all game, where each player begins with one of 6 randomly determined emblems. Whenever a player takes out another player (deals lethal damage, or causes them to lose the game through other means), they gain control of all Stone emblems that player controlled. I was wondering if I could maybe get some feedback on the cards, their balance level, and how they interact with one another!
Set is at: https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/ZaetaOfDiamonds/sets/46343

Comments

• ThatOneCat and I worked on an idea he had that was relatively similar to this (the things were roles, similar to the monarch) and eventually ended up condensing the idea down to four commander precon-style decks (as opposed to a whole new format) before abandoning it entirely. I'm relatively certain we just forgot about continuing to work on it, TBH.

Anyway, the main big issue you should think of is how powerful certain emblems are in conjunction with certain decks. They're random, so there's a 1 in 6 chance that I play storm, get the one that reduces costs of instants and sorceries and just combo-kill everybody on turn 1 or 2. My point is that it's really, really not fun at all if the game has a decent chance to be decided by a set of 1-in-6 chances that occur before players even draw their opening hands.

When you say "a six player free-for-all game" then what would the format base behind it be? Is it EDH, modern, legacy, standard, draft or something else entirely?
This discussion has been closed.