Summer Cartoon Challenge

Comments

• Please wait for the results of round one to come back shortly guys thanks!
  • edited September 2018
    Results of round one are in! Thank you again @jpastor, for your insightful thoughts! I have taken his judging and incorporated them with my own for the results. Here is the winners of round one:

Very tough round one to judge guys! As there are now 5 cardsmiths left in the playoffs, one will get a bypass.

Here is round two cardsmiths battle!!

@TemurGideon vs @Jfoster90 *typo, sorry!
    @bnew07 vs @saveria201

(@Dechujoh64 got a bypass this round and must compete in the final round!)

Good luck to everyone!!

You can only make a card for one of these following cartoons this round:

Hasbro owned/acquired animated cartoons!!

G.I. Joe - A Real American Hero
    My Little Pony
    Jem
    C.O.P.S.
    Beyblade
    Pound Puppies
    Digimon
    My Pet Monster
    Dungeons and Dragons

So let's see what you guys cook up! Remember, no flip cards, transform cards, or partner cards. The card can be anything else. Only 1 card per cardsmith please, thank you! This round each cardsmith will have until end of the day on September 24th to turn their entries in or they forfeit their spot. Good luck everyone!!
  • There was 'confusion in the ranks' here is the vs

@TemurGideon vs @jfoster90
    @bnew07 vs @saveria201

@Dechujoh64 gets bypass this round.
  • edited September 2018

Choose wisely, adventurers. Dungeon Master will not be around to save you forever in this world of Dungeons and Dragons.
  • edited September 2018

In memory of my hopefully soon to be defeated foe. @temurgideon here is an evil Twilight sparkle lol. GOOD LUCK FELLOW CARDSMITHS!!!
  • My entry for Dungeons and Dragons:
  • cool entries guys, now we just wait for @saveria201 and we can get the judging going!
  • Lemme finish work this week and I'll make my entry, I'm so tired
  • No problem @saveria201 just so you remember you got until the end of the day september 24th eastern standard time USA! :)

An announcement I may be having another guest judge for this round just as I had @jpastor help judge last round. I'm a wee bit groggy from my surgery so I may need the extra input. I'll let you know if they agree to judge, I'll let you all know.
  • Did u get another guest judge?
  • @Jfoster90 no, this far into the contest it isn't necessary, I just wanted to have @jpastor's presence here as a guest judge in the beginning of the playoffs (thank you again @jpastor for your time!!)

Today is the final day of entries for round 2 of the playoffs, the remaining cardsmith we are waiting on an entry for is @saveria201, then we will have the cards judged and the 3 cardsmiths remaining will be in the final round!!!

( @saveria201 you have time, you got slightly over 8 hours from now to drop your entry. its 3:54pm where I am.)
  • Digimon

Ghaytha, Warrior of Love (this is Angewomon, her Arabic name translation)
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ghaytha-warrior-of-love
  • Cool thank you for the entry @saveria201 !
    With saverias entry, that means this round goes into judging mode, and the three cardsmiths that emerge from the rubble will battle for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place of the playoffs! Good luck everyone, and the results will be posted here very soon, as well as the final round of the playoffs challenge!!
  • edited September 2018
    Results are in (that was very fast!!)

@TemurGideon defeats @Jfoster90
    @saveria201 defeats @bnew07

Congratulations guys for advancing to the final round!!

@Jfoster90 and @bnew07 please list 3 favorites each of you would like for me to favorite, and both of you please pick 1 @Aryanf hugs card for me to favorite, be sure to post who the cardsmith is with the link thanks! ( an Aryanf hug is 1 favorite for another cardsmiths card of your choice)

That leads us to the FINAL ROUND!!

Top 3 contestants, here is your final round challenge:

Create 1 card of: Oswald The Lucky Rabbit

Why Oswald The Lucky Rabbit?

Our first images of Mickey Mouse came in 1928 courtesy of the Disney directed 'Steamboat Willie' which by the way, was the first cartoon with synchronized sound, But Disney's first character was born before he started the Disney company when he worked at Universal and his name was Oswald The Lucky Rabbit. (Google is my reference on this topic.)

So there you guys have it! For the final and most difficult challenge of the contest, create any type of a card for the first ever Disney character, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. If you have trouble finding art just do the best you can!

No flip or transform cards sorry, just 1 clean crisp card.

The final contestants are:

@Dechujoh64
    @saveria201
    @TemurGideon

Your entries must be turned in by the end of the day September 30th, est USA. Good luck to you guys, and remember, happy cardsmithing! - sj :)
  • edited September 2018

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit's first short ever published was called Trolley Troubles, and concerns our friend trying to run a trolley. He runs into quite a bit of trouble, if you couldn't guess.

• edited September 2018
    nvm
  • ok thank you for your entries all summer @saveria201! You still qualified for the top 3. I will post the results as soon as I have them.
  • Huh? I’m not throwing in the towel, I merely deleted a question I had! Woahhhh
  • oh, thats my bad, @saveria201. I thought you typed nvm as in, 'nevermind' or something like that? 'nvm' me, carry on. :) (I was gonna say, your kind of the resident expert on all things disney here at mtgcardsmith, this should be a cake walk for you! :)
  • My entry!! It refers to the game Epic Mickey which I never played but read about on wikipedia.

Oswald’s Absolution
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/oswalds-absolution
  • I heard about it too and never played it, the games concept sounded awesome I do remember that much.

Thanks for your submission! We now have @Dechujoh64 left to wait for, and then we can see who places 1st, 2nd, or 3rd!
  • Closed for judging!! Thank you for your timely entries everyone, I'll judge asap
  • Results are finally in!! Here are the results:

3rd place @Dechuhjoh64
    Congratulations! You get 6 favorites

2nd place @saveria201
    Congratulations! You get 8 favorites

1st place @TemurGideon
    Congratulations! You get 10 favorites and a gifted 1 month of premium

Winners please post or pm me your favorites requests. @TemurGideon I will be premium your account asap you'll be able to edit cards plus other cool features.

All of the cards made for this challenge all summer were well thought out and highly creative. Thank you to everyone who participated this summer, and I look forward to seeing you guys in other contests!

@Corwinnn, please close this contest!

Guys if the contest is closed before you post your favorites requests, simply send me the list in pm. Thank you for participating!

Sorinjace's contest schedule:

ALL HALLOW'S EVE ends October 25th
    Creature Feature (ongoing)

Happy cardsmithing! - sj :)
  • SHAMELESS PLUG:

Check out my RWBY Season 6 HYPE contest!!!! I am sending it to all the people working on rwby!
  • edited October 2018
    Premium to be added today @TemurGideon
  • Wow TY!! You can just favorite my eight most recent cards or any others you like! Ty!
  • No problem @saveria201 I don't know if you saw it or not, but the derp card I made with @Dechujoh64 and I in the picture I dropped so many thank yous in the disqus and you was the 1st person I thanked. You have been an awesome contestant and sport in my contests and I always look forward to your next cards even outside of the contests. I will hand pick your favorites then because most of your recent chances are I've already favorited them lol. Would you like a list of the ones I fave so you can see for yourself? I'll go do that here in about an hour or two.
  • Sure, ty, I'm flattered :)
This discussion has been closed.