Pen&Paper-RPG with Tutlashk as a DM

Hey fellow Smiths,

some awesome guys came up with the idea to found a Pen&Paper-Group. I volunteered as a DM for the game. I have lead six Pen&Paper campaigns by now and have good knowledge about the "Dungeon-Slayers-Rules", "DnD 3.5 Rules" and the "Pathfinder-Rules".

Enough of the self-laudation. Here are the infos about the campaign:

The continent:
The continent has moderate climate. At the beginning of the campaign, it is late summer. No greater natural disasters have been recorded jet.

The common races:
The most common inhabitants are Humans. But there are also some dwarfs (mostly as smiths) and members of other races. Orks and Goblins are common enemies to the humans and dwarfs. But some Goblins tend to be open for negotiations.

The religion:
There are some Gods the people pray to:
Habreon (God of Light)
Tybrie (Goddes of Life)
Minjawe (Goddes of Water)
Kreantor (God of Tactics and Wisdom)
Dontor (God of Thunder and Lightning)
Vrakas (The Smith)
Lo'Arkes (God of Trickery, Luck and Thieves)
Fivaliq (Goddes of Wealth)
Kortreas (God of Cruelty and Malice)
Nuvriax (God of Sickness)
Frenzonja (Goddes of Insanity)
Wrax (God of Rage, Vengeance and Hate)

You can also create own Gods if you want to :D Just tell me and I try to implement them.

Magic:
Magicians are very rare on this continent. There are some, but they are reserved to not arouse envy of other people. But there are some magic items.

How did the group members met each other?
You met each other in a Tavern named "Rancid Rat" in a little town named "Inis". You had a few drinks and then a nice conversation. You played a card game together and then mocked some of the other guests of the tavern. In the end you had an awesome tavern fight with a first glorious victory for your group. Sadly the town guard of "Inis" was not amused and the captain of the guard banished you from the town. You decided to travel with a caravan of merchants to a greater town named "Küstenstadt".

Your first Mission
You were hired by a Human Merchant named "Moris von Erlangen". He pays 2 GP per day for your services. Your task is to protect the caravan from all dangers. The journey leads though a great Forest named "Urgon". There should only be some animals and maybe some robbers.

You decided to go with him. The caravan contains You, 6 Merchants, 6 other guards, 9 Horses, 12 Donkeys and a ferret.

The Merchants:
Moris von Erlangen: Sells jewellery and noble clothes - He is nice and open-minded
Lartof, the Smith: Is a Smith, sells weapons and armors - He is grim and withdrawn
Selfor Madip: Sells Books and writing materials - Shy, apple-polisher
Uwar Sepp: Sells durable foodstuffs - A**hole
Beolog Marix: Sells beer and wine - Friendly, open-minded.
Megolf Tolis: Sells adventure stuff - Taciturn

The Guards:
Lotar: Stupid
Bultis: Show-off
Narsit: Casanova
Hagen: Talks only wired stuff
Gofus: Misogynist, gambler
Opos: Nice

I hope I could gain your interest with these information.

Comments

• These are answers to some questions asked before:

Is magic common in the setting or not so much?
    - its not common. In a greater town you will find only few magicians.

How do common people think about magic, if there is?
    - People know it. But the magicians keep it low to not make anybody envy. They are
    nearly always in civil service and try to be helpful to anybody to not make enemies.

Do we have a special cultural backround?
    - I'll leave this up to you.

Do you use all common monsters, we have in pathfinder from kobolds up to dragons, or are there species, that are not included?
    - I use Humans, Dwarfs, Orks, Goblins, and some common Animals. But it is possible to
    find other monsters ;)

Is the setting, we play in a single kingdom, or are there different principalities?
    - It is a single Kingdom and within this Kingdom it is a single greater Town (600
    inhabitants), where you play most of the time.

Do we have different cultural backrounds for humans and dwarfes, we have to take into account when building the backround of our character?
    - Dwarfs usually live in mountain carved fortresses. They are usually very traditional and
    don't make friends very easily. They pray to their god Vrakas (the Smith) and follow
    their Kings where ever they go. But sometimes a Dwarf leaves the fortress and goes to
    seek her/his fortune in the wide world. This happens more often lately, because the
    dwarven tunnels become overpopulated.
    - Humans are like in the european middle age. They pray to many Gods like Habreon
    (God of Light), Tybrie (Goddes of Life), Minjawe (Goddes of Water), and so on… (if you
    like, you can also creatue your own God too).

Are there organisations and guilds for thiefes or fighters and schools for mages for example?
    - My first encounter for you will be a journey with a merchant caravan to a town called
    "Küstenstadt". The rest of my campaign takes place there in this town. There will be a
    Town Guard. But you have to find out about each other group yourself ;)

Is the setting eurocentristic or asian style or even something else?
    - eurocentristic

Do we have a classical mediveal setting or stuff like steampunk or something alike?
    - classical

Firearms or not? Technical level?
    - Firearms are very very very very very very very very very very very uncommon. But there
    will be a tinkerer who can optimize your stuff (like repeating crossbow).

What about law enforcement?
    - In my campaign there are only few things you really have to do to make it work:
    - Go to "Küstenstadt"
    - Become part of the Town Guard there ;) So, you are the law enforcement

Is killing an opponent common sense or a case of murder that will be pursued?
    - Killing a Dwarf, Human, Gnome etc. is usually the last option. This usually doesn't count for Orks and Goblins

Are there laws that restrict the use of magic?
    - Nope
  • @Tutlaschk Wait, you didn't mention me. Am I in?
  • edited September 2016
    @DragonFaceEater Oh sorry, I forgot you :( but yes, you are in! :D
  • edited September 2016
    Should we put our character onto this? Or are we going with the characters we made in the other discussion?

One more question: You mentioned payment. What will prices be like?
  • @DankSoulsRager - Payments will be made with Krugerrands
  • edited September 2016
    @DankSoulsRager where did I mention it? (a payment)

The only payment I see so far is what the merchant "Moris" will pay your characters in a future game :'D
  • edited September 2016
  • Okay, good. I wanted gonna change my character, but I didn't want it to be a hassle for everybody to remember that only one was my character.
  • @Tutlaschk, sorry, but I said that I could not play because of my scheduling issues. If you want me to throw out random character ideas, I would gladly do so!
  • I've already got my character idea: A strength/intelligence build Paladin Alchemist!
  • I know what kind of character I'm doing. How will we establish them?
  • @Lujikul I'm pretty sure once we establish the rules, we will make a character according to those rules.
  • DND 5th Edition please.

Those are the only rules I know.
This discussion has been closed.