TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES CONTEST!

Comments

• lmao @KorandAngels your not wrong? I wasn't thinking of that at the time I made the card. See, that's why contests like this exist: It's better when you have more than one (wait for it.... wait for it...) BRAIN on the job. hehe.

@sanjaya666 my exgf who died, she used to call me Raph. When I was a kid, Mikey was my favorite turtle. When I got older, Raph became my favorite of them all. She said the reason she referred me to Raph was because while I have my friends, I'm always running off on my own adventures, and sometimes those adventures led me to getting into trouble, just like Raph. Is your Shredder that's a zombie based on the comic series when Shredder went to hell out of curiousity? I like it either way!

@Revan I love it! Would the creature types be ordered the way you got them in magic terms? If so, I need to get my own cards to be ordered that way. Atm, they are ordered "Mutant Ninja Turtle."
  • @Lastjustice I don't think I can ever look at Goblin Assault Team in the same way ever again. lol. Now whenever I see that card, I'm going to think of what you said. Thanks! lol!
  • @sorinjace I think so. Mutant Ninja Turtle flows well, but I do think that the correct order would be Mutant Turtle Ninja (Sub, Creature type, Class), but that's just me.
  • edited October 2019
    Regarding the four turtles and mtg colors
    (> "greater than," / "equal to")
    w: L > R > D > M
    u: D > L > R > M
    b*: M/R > L/D
    r: M/R > L/D
    g: L/D/M/R

Does that sound resonable?

*Really, outside of their ninja-ness, I don't see any of them as black. Maybe Raph 'cause of how he often just goes alone, but that feels more red impatience to me than black ambition. Mickey maybe, due to how he often doesn't think about his own self-preservation, but, again, that feels more like red to me.
  • @theran_baggins the turtles cards seem to have a lot of gruul, yeah. even some of the villains such as bebop and rocksteady feel very gruul to me. I made example cards of them as red/green you can view them in the rules of this contest or the TMNT set folder I have on my profile here:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/sorinjace/sets/46811
  • Yeah, I've been keeping up with the different cards that people have been making and noticed a similar trend (though, the argument could be made that Temur would be apt for the turtles, simic+red)
  • edited October 2019
  • @sorinjace Hm, have never known about that episode but ok.

Also, well... I don't know what to say, hm...
  • Name on name... oh and bump!
  • Bump, dudes!
  • No "Derp" allowed?!?!?!?
    I got nothing to lose.
    Cowabunga it is!
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/cowabunga-it-is
  • I think I'm going to end this soon so I can get started on my next more "magic like" contest. Not a ton of entries.

Ok since I'm going to an all day concert today, you guys got today to drop any tmnt cards you might have. Sad no one made the turtles lair or turtle blimp or ooze canisters as artifacts to make creatures gain +3/+3 until end of turn (or permanent counters...) I could go on. So much potential here. But I guess turtles might've been too non magic related or you guys just never watched tmnt? Either way, I loved seeing the entries come in! Hope at least one more will be there before judging tomorrow.
  • edited November 2019
    I’ll try drop in one before this ends, but I can’t guarantee it because I’m pretty busy.
  • edited November 2019
    @sorinjace There! I’ll change this to an image when I get more time:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ninjutsu-approach
  • edited November 2019
    Contest reopened, but hurry please to drop any entries you might have! :)
  • edited November 2019
    Was actually working on some cards (including a card for the ooze), but college has a way of pulling your time. Was planning on getting them made and submitted before the Thanksgiving end date, but if you're planning on ending it now, well, c'est la vie.
    I'll probably still make the cards, and (if @sorinjace is ok with it) post them here, even if the contest has ended.
  • @theran_baggins I will keep this open for you then until you drop your entries, that ooze sounds cool. So I will retract my early closing. Anyone else that wants a last chance to drop cards for this contest, you have a little bit of time now. (Thank you to @theran_baggins!)
  • Thank you @sorinjace, you are a generous host.
    Entry 1
    There are a few notes regarding the card in it's comments.
    One of two mutagen/ooze Ideas I have, will post the other (hopefully) soon.
  • @sorinjace I changed Ninjutsu Approach. Is that okay?

Here is the new version:

• ...somebody ping me here? I got a notification.
  • yeah it was me @TezzeretofCarmot21 I thought you said you was possibly going to drop an entry here, Idk if that was you or not, sorry about the ping lol.
  • I might drop an entry. It’s fine, dude!
  • Cool, that'd be a fine surprise to see @TezzeretofCarmot21
  • @sorinjace When will this end?
  • I think I'll have it run as previously scheduled since I've been predisposed. In other words, it will go on until Thanksgiving.
  • Cool! I’ll try and get in another entry then!
This discussion has been closed.