You know how creature types typically do a certain thing? (Like slivers?)

2»

Comments

• Much easier to cast and play, so a lot better!!
    XD
  • So I like the concept you're going for here: Things that attach to players are really interesting. However, they just don't feel like they're really altering the players enough to justify attaching to them.

For example, what changes mechanically if you turn Aggressive into:

Aggressive 3RR
    Enchantment
    Creatures you control are Red and have Charge.

The answer: Not much.

Curses were the first thing I thought of when I saw this, because they also attach to players: However, they have a reason to do so. Curses typically either directly affect a player, or just persistently affect the same player repeatedly. It's because of this that they attach to a single player, rather than just floating on your side of the field.

Mindmakers feel like they should affect players, but they really don't. They affect all of the creatures that player controls, but any enchantment can do that.

But that's my primary input. I'd try something like this:

Spiteful Rage 3RR
    Mindmaker

(Enchant player, etc)
    At the beginning of each upkeep, put a Rage Counter on Spiteful Rage.

Whenever a source deals damage to you, you may remove any number of Rage Counters from Spiteful Rage to deal one damage to that source's controller for each Rage Counter removed.
  • @Zaleramancer I get what you're saying, and it's completely reasonable to say that, but my original idea was to include all types of mindmakers. So some will affect your creatures, some will affect your enemy's, and some will affect you, like you said.
  • @dudedaniel

As currently written, it's impossible to have Mindmakers that attach to other players. They come into play attached to you, not target player.

I mean, they mostly just look like board enchantments that give all of your creatures an ability. It just feels like you're reinventing the wheel with another layer of complexity that doesn't really add to the fun of the game.

At the very least I feel like they should alter the behavior of things, not just their abilities.

For example, if Aggressive could attach to target player; enchanted players creatures have (Haste/Trample/Charge) and must attack each turn if able. It would provide a great benefit, but also force them to act out of the supernaturally imposed emotional impulse they are suffering under.

Because I'm all about the interplay of lore and mechanics, and this is right up that alley- but the fact is not a single one of these feel like they're actually changing the player's emotions or behavior, which is kind of the point.
  • @Zalermancer Yeah, you're right. I ought to change it.
This discussion has been closed.