Mash-Up Contest

2»

Comments

• My top picks are as follows:

1st - @Mobin with Michonne, Alive but Astray. Your usage of flavor text and an interesting ability setup was good. However, it was a little bit powerful for a rare. Maybe a mythic rare would have been better, or less actual power/toughness for her. Also, from what I know of The Walking Dead, her zombies should be 0/2, but still a very good card.

2nd - @milanaarz with Gyarados. Despite misspelling the name of your Pokemon, it is definitely a good and relatively balanced ability. However, I would perhaps make it so he can only attack if the opponent controls an island, but keep islandwalk. Other than that, it's a very good card.

3rd - @micahfinner with Alduin, Killer of Kings. While a lot of your cards are overpowered, and you have quite a few issues with your cards, this one is still better than the others, so it gets third, but not because of its' merits. A lot of your entries lacked flavor text, and so had large blocks of empty space in the text area. Additionally, many were overpowered, but you did seem to produce something of a set. As a result, I'm going to give you at most one favorite outside of your entry.

Honorable Mentions: None. Sorry but there just wasn't all that much good stuff here. Still, thank you for your attempts and take these notes to heart:

- If you are adding a new mechanic, explain it on at least 50% of your entries using the mechanic.
    - Bear in mind how powerful your cards are, if they're too powerful they're going to just get ignored. Also make sure that you are getting enough bang for your buck in terms of mana costs.
    - Again, a lot of you only made unique and legendary things. If some of you guys had made more common stuff that was reasonably powered, you could have easily taken the gold.
  • I can see why Michonne was in your top picks, but your other choices are completely inconsistent with your rules. Also, in reference to your final notes, if that's what you wanted to see, then why didn't you just make it a rule? It doesn't make sense to penalize someone for not doing something that you didn't ask them to do, especially when there's no reason to do it.
  • Congrats to all the winners!
  • @cadstar369 I did mention not to make cards overpowered, and I put it in the tips that I was hoping to see, while not a requirement, some non-unique guys. As for the mechanic thing, it's kind of self-explanatory. I'm sorry if you feel like I judged poorly, but I did try to emphasize that they should be borderline-realistic MTG cards, in terms of power and appearance.
This discussion has been closed.