Mechanix Challenge - Nine

84 years ago, @Corwinnn, @MrRansom, and @Tomigon started a project called TheMechanix. Now, its secret is revealed. It is where we organize all custom keyword mechanics posted to Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL.

For Mechanix Challenge - Nine
We would like you to choose a custom keyword mechanic from THIS SET: http://mtgcardsmith.com/user/TheMechanix/sets/13738
and make an incredible card that uses it.

In Mechanix Challenge Nine, the focus is on Keyword Abilities - Triggered
Mechanix Challenge - Nine features mechanics from @RekasorusRex, @Latinas, @Legodrakie, @Gafratt01, @Darkray, @FangQuil, @IlignosBlock, @Crimson, and @ChargingBadger

CRITERIA
Presentation, art selection, templating, spelling, balance, usefulness and flavor.

Limit of fifteen entries per person.
Deadline in 1 week : Sep.23
*Top 3 winners will get a super amazing -TROPHY- and added to -HALL OF FAME- !
*Winners may choose a mechanic from Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL. They will be used in Mechanix Challenge ten or eleven!

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Limit was changed!
  • edited September 2016
    Smite by RekasorusRex
    Smite [cost] (Whenever a creature dealt combat damage by this creature this turn dies, you may pay [cost]. If you do, exile that creature instead.)

Companionship by RekasorusRex
    Companionship [cost] (Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay this creature's companionship cost. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature, and a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)

Companionship by RekasorusRex
    Companionship [cost] (Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay [cost]. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature, and a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
    ^Wording is fixed by @Faiths_Guide

Shatter N by RekasorusRex
    Shatter N (When this permanent is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, it deals N damage to target creature or player.)

Defensible by Latinas
    Defensible (Whenever this creature blocks, it gets +0/+X until end of turn, where X is its toughness.)

Rage by Latinas
    Rage (Whenever this creature attacks, it gets +X+0 until end of turn, where X is its power.)

Battle rush by Legodrakie
    Battle rush (At the beginning of each combat, you may put a +1/-1 counter on this creature.)

Delirium N by Gafratt01
    Delirium N (Whenever this card deals damage to a player, that player discards N cards.)
    ^Delirium is already a keyword in MtG. You may only use this mechanic if you rename it. (@Emeraldragon17's name idea- "Amnesia"

Mitotic by Gafratt01
    Mitotic (When this creature dies, if its base toughness is 2 or greater, create two creature tokens that are copies of this creature except they have base power and toughness X/X, where X is half of this creature's base toughness, rounded down.)

Blink by Gafratt01
    Blink (Whenever this creature blocks, is blocked or becomes the target of a spell or ability, exile it, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.)

Repair by Darkray
    Repair [Cost] (At the beginning of your end step, sacrifice this permanent unless you pay its repair cost.)

Swarm by FangQuil
    Swarm (When this creature enters the battlefield, if it isn't a token, create a token that's a copy of it for each spell you cast before it this turn.)
    ^Thanks to @opcode_6e for fixing the wording!

Adapt by IlignosBlock
    Adapt (Whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.)

_____ storm N by Crimson
    _____ storm N (When you cast this spell, put N 0/1 _____ creature tokens onto the battlefield. Exile those creatures as this spell resolves.)

Burn N by ChargingBadger
    Burn N (Whenever a source deals damage to this creature, this creature deals N damage to that source's controller.)

-----------------------
    If you have any update idea for the mechanic, you can change it as long as it is the same concept.
    You can remake your entries as many times as you like.
    Reminder text isn't necessary. That's one of the good thing about keywording!
  • edited September 2016
    My collected entries:

Companionship

Blink

Repair

Adapt

Smite

• I really like the smite ability, it has a lot of potential. So here's a smite card.
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/anrio-the-paladin
  • edited September 2016
    Companionship:
    This should save a little space (for those who couldn't tell) -
    Companionship [cost] (Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may
    pay [cost]. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature, and a +1/+1 counter on this creature.
    )
  • edited September 2016
  • edited September 2016
    Swarm:

If storm is Izzet then swarm must be Golgari.
  • edited September 2016
    Entry #1:

http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/mountwomp

Nostalgic for Womp flavor @Monty
  • edited September 2016
    Shatter:
  • edited September 2016
    Dang, I missed #8! Oh well, here's my first entry!
    Aberrant Mimic
  • edited September 2016
    Swarm / Companionship

Blink

Also, swarm needs a wording change:

Swarm (When this creature enters the battlefield, if it isn't a token, create a token that's a copy of it for each spell you cast before it this turn.)
  • edited September 2016
    @Krazykobold98
    Your link goes to wrong card! It's a cool card as well though!

@opcode_6e @Faiths_Guide
    Thanks for fixing the wording!
  • @TrippleBoggey3 @Faiths_Guide swarm needed a wording change:

Sorry!

@Corwinnn can you update swarm in your list?
  • @Tomigon whoops! Thanks for catching that. It's fixed now!
  • @Tomigon, Thanks! I'll fix it.
  • Updated!

http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/phantasmal-sisters-1

Note: It's meant to be a spirit without flying.
  • edited September 2016
    imageimage
    V Demon transforms into V ______ V Angel transforms into V
    imageimage
    Do I need to tone them down a bit or are they balanced enough?
  • edited September 2016
    imageimage
    I might need some help with the wording but you get the idea.
  • @CXWarrior, free 2/2 for 0 mana.
  • ("Venomite"s was updated)
  • I mean yeah, but you'd have to pay 6 life @TrippleBoggey3
  • edited September 2016
    @CxWarrior In Aggro, 6 life means nothing. I'd pay 18 life if that were possible.
  • edited September 2016
    Here's my attempt using adapt :)

• edited September 2016
    @CxWarrior for Glass Spawn it might read a little better to go "Shatter X, where X is equal to Sand Spawn's power and toughness before it transformed" :)
This discussion has been closed.