Find your Spark!

2»

Comments

• Entry and all related tokens:

image image

image image
  • This competition will close is 22 hours. It's been amazing to see all the work you guys have given so far, keep up the good work!
  • edited October 2016
    This competition is now closed for judging! Thank you for all your entries! Results will be out in 24 hours from now.
  • The time has come! Here are the winners! (I know that was 2 hours, not 24, but I had some extra time so I decided to go ahead and judge it straight away.)

Honorable Mentions
    Edyren, Novice Transmuter // Edyren, Matter Transposer by @Decaldor
    imageimage
    What a cool card! I like the way you've used his "transmute" ability to give him a really nice flavor. There were just a couple of formatting things on his creature side that made the card a bit hard to read, but other than that it's a cool sparker.

Ajani, Warrior of the Pride // Ajani, Leonin Mentor by @kltmtg29
    imageimage
    Ajani is one of my favorite planeswalkers, and I actually really like the flavor you've given him here with Cats and some good mechanics. I'm not entirely convinced on his planeswalker abilities though, as especially his -6 would only be useful in a few situations. It's a cool card though, well done.

3rd Place
    Gobbahl, Contained // Gobbahl, Escaped by @Faiths_Guide
    imageimage
    I love this. So simple, a huge demon escaping whatever prison it's in, gaining it's spark and wreaking havoc on everything it sees. The creature side is super interesting, making you sacrifice everything you control in order to transform it, however his planeswalker side isn't as interesting, and would get a bit bland to play with. I really love the work you've done though, good job!

2nd Place
    Evron, Renegade Commander // Evron, Bane of the Consul by @Connor2001
    imageimage
    I really like the Kaladesh feel of this card, and it has my favorite art out of all the entries. I like what you did with red, focusing the card on artifacts instead of just pure damage. I think this card would play really well into any red/artifact Kaladesh deck right now, so much so that this card feels like it's come straight of the set. Good use of the Fabricate mechanic, and the card just generally seems very fun to play, with some very interesting and flavorsome abilities. Good work!

1st Place
    Hanhla, Destiny Forged // Hanhla, Anomaly Predator by @Blazin_Biscuit
    imageimage
    I find this card really interesting. Another interesting approach to mono red, which is hard to do with the amount of Chandras floating around, and I like the fact that you can play her turn one, but she's kind of just chilling there, vulnerable until you can transform her. I think her planeswalker abilities are also really interesting, with her card and deck tactics, something that isn't normally very red, but you've managed to make it work. Your card just generally looks really fun to play, so congratulations :)

Thank you all so much for your entries! Congratulations all winners and entrants. All winners, PM me which cards you want me to favorite.
This discussion has been closed.