Mechanix Challenge - Eleven

84 years ago, @Corwinnn, @MrRansom, and @Tomigon started a project called TheMechanix. Now, its secret is revealed. It is where we organize all custom keyword mechanics posted to Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL.

For Mechanix Challenge - Eleven
We would like you to choose a custom keyword mechanic from THIS SET: http://mtgcardsmith.com/user/TheMechanix/sets/13738
and make an incredible card that uses it.

In Mechanix Challenge Eleven, the focus is on Keyword Abilities - Triggered
Mechanix Challenge - Eleven features mechanics from @Looverse, @Suicidal_Deity, @DarKaron, @Faiths_Guide, and @Tomigon

CRITERIA
Presentation, art selection, templating, spelling, balance, usefulness and flavor.

Limit of fifteen entries per person.
Deadline in 1 week : Oct. 13th
*Top 3 winners will get a super amazing -TROPHY- and added to -HALL OF FAME- !
*Winners may choose a mechanic from Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL. They will be used in Mechanix Challenge twelve or thirteen!

Comments

• edited October 2016
    image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image
  • edited October 2016
    Sly by Looverse
    Sly (Whenever this creature blocks, you may have it deal damage equal to its toughness to target attacking creature.)

Devout of 'color' by Suicidal_Deity
    Devout of 'color' (Whenever you cast a 'color' spell, you may put X +1/+1 counters on this creature, where X is the number of 'color' mana symbols in that spell.)

Oracle by Suicidal_Deity
    Oracle (At the beginning of each player's upkeep, you may pay {1}. If you do, look at the top card of their library, and you may put that card into their graveyard and they draw a card.)

Bleed N by Suicidal_Deity
    Bleed N (Whenever this creature deals combat damage to another creature, put N blood counters on it. At the beginning of each upkeep, creatures take 1 damage for each blood counter on them.)

Behead by Suicidal_Deity
    Behead (Whenever a creature dealt damage by this creature dies this turn, all creatures you don't control get -2/-0 until end of turn.)

Challenge by Suicidal_Deity
    Challenge (Whenever this creature blocks, or becomes blocked by a creature with higher power than it, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)

Doom N by Suicidal_Deity
    Doom N (Whenever this creature deals damage to a player, choose one; put a doom counter on this creature, or remove X doom counters from this creature. For each doom counter removed this way, that player puts the top N cards of their library into their graveyard.)

*"Land's name" Hex by Suicidal_Deity
    "Land's name" Hex {x} (Whenever an opponent taps a 'Land name' you may pay {x}. If you do, that land deals 2 damage to that player.)

*"Creature's name" Hex by Suicidal_Deity
    "Creature's name" Hex {x} (Whenever an opponent taps a 'creature name' you may pay {x}. If you do, put a -1/-1 counter on that creature.)

Blast N by Suicidal_Deity
    Blast N (Whenever this creature attacks, it deals N damage to each creature and each player. Creatures dealt damage this way can't be regenerated.)
    AUTHOR'S NOTE : Thanks to Aleks Costa for fixing my wording on this.

Extravaganza by Suicidal_Deity
    Extravaganza (When this creature enters the battlefield, up to X target creatures can't block until end of turn, where X is equal to this creature's power.)

Blunt Strike by Suicidal_Deity
    Blunt Strike (Whenever this creature deals damage to a creature, tap that creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.)

Shadowbound by DarKaron
    Shadowbound (When this creature dies, create a 1/1 Shadow creature token.)

Irate by Faiths_Guide
    Irate (Whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, untap it.)

Emissary by Tomigon
    Emissary (At the beginning of your end step, another target player gains control of this creature.)
  • edited October 2016
    Emissary by @Tomigon:
  • edited October 2016
    Some things

image image image

image image image

Changed Extravaganza to Daze since the wording seemed more appropriate for the effect.

• edited October 2016
    Sly @Looverse:
  • edited October 2016
    Here's a rewording I'm likely to use:

Devout of 'color' by @Suicidal_Deity [keyword revision]:
    Devout (Whenever you cast a spell that shares a color with this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature for each colored mana symbol in that spell's mana cost.)

Be warned, in a few specific scenarios it will function differently than the original mechanic.
  • edited October 2016
    Irate:
    Just wanna say that whoever thought up this mechanic is a genius. XD
  • Changed Emissary to be "target opponent" since you could simply pass it off to allied players too easily.

• @Vandrek
    Very good choice!
  • edited October 2016
  • This time, I'm gonna actually try, because I want to choose that mechanic!
  • edited October 2016
    I made a card for this, and then you know what happened? It disappeared. I pressed publish.. And "poof" went the card.
  • edited October 2016
  • edited October 2016
    @Tutlaschk Some things are better left unclicked.
  • @CrucibleOfHate Is it not? But when I click it, it works just fine :O
  • edited October 2016
    Using my variant on Devout of 'color' by @Suicidal_Deity [keyword revision]:
    Devout (Whenever you cast a spell that shares a color with this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature for each colored mana symbol in that spell's mana cost.)

[Notice the last ability is not a "may".]
  • edited October 2016
    Irate:
  • edited October 2016
    Challenge and Sly
  • Extravaganza
  • Extravaganza would use "When" not "Whenever", just like a regular ETB. It should also target!

Extravaganza (When this creature enters the battlefield, up to X target creatures can't block until end of turn, where X is equal to this creature's power.)
  • Is that not what it says?
    ;D
  • edited October 2016
    @Corwinnn - Ooooh, it looks much nicer now ;D

Extravaganza!
This discussion has been closed.