Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL

1282930313234»

Comments

• oh yes. If I would use it in a custom set, there would be lots of discard from hand for benefit and/or self mill.
  • What do you think of my new mechanic?
    the current name is dream, but I will probably change it.
    It can be used as an action keyword, and is used in the context "dream the top card of your library" or "dream target creature" (these are just examples). The reminder text: (exile that card with a dream counter on it. for as long as it has a dream counter on it, you may cast it, and spend mana as if it were mana of any color to cast it)
    two questions:
    Do you have any suggestions to improve it?
    does anyone have a good name for it?
  • edited March 27
    Feel free to use my keyword ability--please give credit.

"Muster - ..., if you control another creature that shares a creature type with [cardname],..."
    Another viable wording (depending on the situation)
    "Muster - ..., if it shares a creature type with [cardname],..."
  • edited March 30
    'Resonate' (action activated ability)/'Resonant' (permanent static ability) - that's the mechanic name.

'Resonate' (whenever ability activates, copy its effect into the identical phase of controller's next turn as if all cost had been payed and even if this permanent is removed from the game.)

'Resonant' (whenever this permanent leaves the battlefield, its static/activated ability continues until the end step of controller's next turn and even if this permanent is removed from the game.)

Like a ghost from the past...
  • Thieve X. (To Thieve X, create X colorless Gem artifact tokens with "{t}, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color.")
  • Mass Produce X. (When this creature enters the battlefield, if its mass produce cost was paid, create a token that's a copy of it, except it doesn't have mass produce)

Example:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/vulture-swarm-1
  • edited April 9
    'Path' [ text ]
    example: draw three cards.
    (previously known as 'Quest'). It enables the abilities for a permanent that were previously locked. As in:

Assault (If a creature with Assault were to enter the battlefield under your control, if it was casted, you may choose to exile it and have it assign damage equal to its power to any target instead. Then put all cards exiled that way into your graveyard.)

Bid: [Text] (When this spell is casted, target opponent may choose to pay its bid cost to counter it.)

Sanity (Cost) (If you draw this card, exile it. When you do, cast it for its Sanity cost or put
    into your hand.)

Incite (When it enters the battlefield, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a creature card and it shares a creature type with this card, it gains +1/+1 and Haste until the end of turn. If it isn't, you may put it at the bottom of your library).
  • Awaken X, at the beginning of your turn put X +1/+1 counters on this creature. Almost always paired with an effect that removes awaken and give it some other buff. Used for Eldrazi so far.
  • mentor zombies(When this creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on target attacking zombie with lesser power) replace zombies with any other creature type, colour etc.
    (Anything you can have protection from).
  • 1000th Comment!

Lifetouch: Whenever this creature deals combat damage, regenerate target creature with that much damage or less done to it.

(Please tell me if I can word that better)
  • @pjbear2005 Lifetouch: Whenever this creature deals combat damage, choose target creature that was dealt equal or less damage. Regenerate it. (????)
    Really the wording is pretty much ok, the problem comes with the regenerate mechanic. Pretty much it became obsolete after Kaladesh. (https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Regenerate) If you want something cool with it keep it like that or play with indestructible or return from the "graveyard to the battlefield" or "prevent damage". Good luck!

Back to topic.

Trascend (To trascend a card, exile it with a Trascend
    counter on it. As long as it remains exiled, you
    may cast it as though it was in your hand.)

(You will usually Trascend cards from your library like some sort of card draw, but you can trascend cards from your hand as well.)

Frenzied [Cost] (If you casted this spell for its Frenzied cost before declaring attackers on your turn, copy it and you may choose new targets for the copy.)
  • Here’s a new one:

Prophetic (If this creature would make you draw cards, exile that many cards from the top of your library face down instead. You may look at them at any time and cast those cards for as long as they remain exiled for {1} less.)

Example:

• Reinvent N: (When this creature enters the battlefield, create a token thats a copy of target nontoken artifact you control with converted mana cost N or less.)
  • Some of them are kinda old so I didn't word them very well and I don't think I worded Oppress correctly but basically the amount of mana you spent to activate Oppress is how much the opponent loses. Also, Omnipotence on Deity of Infinity was supposed to be completely broken and a joke. I never planned, and still don't, to put it on anything else.
    image image image
    image image image
  • Connect (Mana Colour 1),(Mana Colour 2): If there is an untapped (basic land that produces Mana Colour 1) on your side of the field you may tap It and put a (basic land that produces Mana Colour 2) from your hand on the field tapped)

example cards:
  • Tame - (Cost). ((Cost): Gain control of this creature.
    Any player may activate this ability.)