Fast Turn Around Game

Comments

• @pstmdrn
    @DomriKade is supposed to judge this round.
  • @ASubtleGhost Sorry. My mistake

Thanks!

@DomriKade Judge Please!
  • @pstmdrn
    Domri is likely super busy with it being this close to Easter Sunday.
  • @Faiths_Guide is right - Easter is a very busy time for me. I'll have the results up here shortly (next few hours).
  • I hope my critiques don’t come off too critically. Let me know if you’d like clarification on anything here.

@Faiths_Guide
    Crop-Mate Charger
    This is a simple card that would be a great pick-up in limited games. It’s flavor seems strange to me, a minotaur (Theros/Amonkhet) with Raid (Khans of Tarkir) that picks up +1/+1 counters. It’s in an odd place but very playable.

Silurid Mutant
    I’m not convinced the second clause needs to be a ‘may’ ability. The ‘death-block’ ability makes this very strong even without doubling its own counters. It also doesn’t engage with +1/+1 counters on its own. Maybe drop the toughness way down and give it evolve? The flavor text may be my favorite thing about this card.

Mieto, Variance Recorder
    A very flexible themed card, great as a commander. My main issue here is that the card doesn’t have any ways to use +1/+1 counters itself. It can move them around, yes, but it requires outisde assistance to get going.

@Brainifyer
    Thrull, the Gluttonous
    This card’s effects don’t really play together all that intuitively. It’s naturally a big creature that benefits from sacrificing creatures but losing a +1/+1 counter at upkeep doesn’t make a huge difference since its set P/T is reasonable anyway. There’s not a great reason for this to be legendary either. I wish the effects, which are individually fine, meshed in a more interesting way.

@pstmdrn
    Dangerous Prey
    I’ll overlook the oddity of overload on a Simic card because it’s a sweet idea! The wording would need to be different to make it work properly, probably Untap target creature you control. Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature untapped this way. Also, I’m personally heartbroken because of the HUGE empty space where flavor text goes!

@ASubtleGhost
    Predatory Rakoyr
    Modern templating suggests that we use ‘enters the battlefield’ instead of ‘comes into play’ but all in all this is a very cool card. I wasn’t initially sold on the opponent sacrificing a creature to reduce the counters but it’s grown on me. It’s a fairly well-balanced card with a high potential upside. Thumbs (or talons in this case) up!
    Adaptive Cube
    As interesting as it is, this card is way too strong. Short of ‘destroy’ or ‘exile’ spells, there’s no way to interact profitably with this thing. Damage redirection is almost always a white effect. Also, wither and +1/+1 counters don’t usually play well together.

@Finmide
    Ancient Astral
    A few notes on this one: If the art has wings, it should probably fly. A 4/5 indestructible defender is probably too much value for the cost, especially since it gains +2/+2 every turn cycle. This does feel like an enchantment but I don’t know if it should have been an enchantment creature. While splashy rare effects are what they are, 12 untouched turns is largely infeasible. Even Ajani, Mentor of Heroes only takes 5 turns to gain 100 life. Like some of the other entries, these are interesting effects but would probably be better served split up onto different cards.

And the winner is…
    @ASubtleGhost - Predatory Rakoyr!
    Congratulations! Message me if you have a card in mind for me to favorite.

As requested, TRANSFORMING ARTIFACTS are up next.
  • edited April 2017
    image image
  • THis game is way overdue on judging.
  • The people behind their screens have a life too ! :)

@sanjaya666 Genies need love, and you gave them lots. Low mana cost balanced by a clever way to make it come into play in 7 turns, it feels nice. You win ! (trumpets and everything)

@Brainifyer I really don't know about this one. Breaking the game apart (and thus its flow) by starting over isn't my cup of tea.
  • edited April 2017
    @ASubtleGhost

Ow yeah!

So, is this thread dead or how?
  • edited April 2017
    @sanjaya666
    No, it isn't dead. But if the judge doesn't follow up with judging within a week or the thread creator's discretion, the thread creator decides on the judging. (This is in reference from the thread creator.)

I've also made this mistake as I initially thought to delay judging before until more entries were posted once. But then after a burst of participation, I wasn't online to comment. I did end up judging in the end though.
  • edited April 2017
    Deleted.
  • edited April 2017
    Alright then, request for the next cards' challenge is changed to:

Make balanced NONCREATURE PERMANENTS WITH DAMAGING OR WINNING OR LOSING EFFECTS.

(And someone should help by the judging.)
  • edited April 2017
  • edited April 2017
    Waiting for a bit more entries (8 is the preferable amount) or until a week after this started since almost nobody noticed this challenge. And since the whereabouts of the judges are also unknown to me, so just keep the entries coming.
  • Guess what, its been a week since this started. Please don't enter any entries anymore because this is closed.

Fine, I shall start the judging then.
  • Before you all want to say something, this is a judgement from someone who never plays any single match. So I'm gonna pick the winner to someone who has the most realistic looking card and the card that is just seemingly balanced.

@Megalomalice
    Simple and cmc economic since its just a land. I guess it would only apply to Dimir deck if you want a quick victory. Hmm...

@ASubtleGhost
    That's a pretty hard one if you don't have any lifegain methods. A lot of gamble is also needed here. But the discard makes you vulnerable to the enemy too and that card can also cause lots of chaos in multiple players (4 or more) game. Nice.

@Cybernekit
    That looks like blue and red, I assume because I never see any blue direct damage even from a discard. Good secondary ability addition but it also seems to be red again. Correct me if I'm wrong about it. Great combo with TenebrisNemo's Val.

@TenebrisNemo
    I assume this would be great in blue and red discard combo. You could even choose to not use a creature at all to win the game. Overall seems to be balanced. Also a great combo with Cybernekit's Road to the Unknown.

@Faiths_Guide
    That's a pretty nice card. Lots of flexibility and randomness and a little bit of luck is needed here. Its kinda hard for the late game if you want a specific decision though. What can I say more then?

@Brainifyer
    With some combination from Dread Summons, a lot of creatures, mana ramps, and mass creature killing, I assume you can win the game in turn five or less (1 vs1) with that card. Lots of tokens would be needed. But I doubt that a skeleton wearing a tuxedo would appear in those eras. Hahaha, nice card anyway.

And the winner is
    @TenebrisNemo with Val of the Ancient Tides.
    Now then you can choose the next challenge.

In addition, I'll give a like to each of those entrances.

And I apologize if I'm wrong in this. See ya later.
  • Create a card with:

Fateful hour — If you have 5 or less life, {Effect}

Examples:
    imageimageimage
    Lets you win a game you would certainly lose...
  • edited April 2017
    Changed again.

• edited April 2017
    Sweet, fateful hour! May we post a card from a while ago. It's one of our faves. :)

This discussion has been closed.