Magic: The Gathering - The Movie

2»

Comments

• Can't forget about Urza either...
  • edited February 2018
    I would prefer a tv series because you could have one plane a season...^^

But if we were to have a movie it would be really cool if we had one if the Jace and Lilly relationship...then a couple years later they do a movie with the Vraska-Jace relationship...GORGON WIZARD BABIES!
  • Definitely Zendikar. A simple adventure world is a good place to get normies invested in the franchise. The guilds of Ravnica are a little too complex to just throw people into, so save that for a sequel.
  • Hmm. @Platypusburger you have a good point. However if they act on marketing strategy it could be that they will make the movie's story line start out with whatever the newest card set is at the time of the movies release. For example, if it was to have been released right now, the movie would be based around Orazca/Ixalan. This would make many fans upset I imagine though, but the new fans it would excite or even draw attention to the game from people who have not had any interest in playing it before. They need heavy hitters working on this project to have it done right, even if they went with the most recent block or not. If they did it well I wouldnt have a problem with the movie being based on the newest block, I just want to see it on the big screen! Come on, if D&D can have a movie, why can't MTG?
  • I'd prefer a TV show. And @sorinjace when did D&D have a movie?
  • edited February 2018
    @TezzeretofCarmot21
    Never seen or heard of it before, but he's probably referring to this:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190374/ (or the cartoon).
  • edited February 2018
    Travis Willingham, Ob Nixilis? More of just the voice really... He's got a good range!
  • edited February 2018
    Hire some animators to make 3D series of it of it instead, like the RWBY from Rooster Teeth.

Movies have the tendency to ruin everything nowadays anyway. It has been proven many times actually. The Dark Tower, Warcraft, Eragon, Snow White, you name it.
  • @TezzeretoofCarmot21, I was referring to the 2000 movie Dungeons & Dragons that @Faiths_Guide mentioned. (ps I love Thora Birch!)
  • @sanjaya666: I don't think Eragon was a good book to start off with (although the movie is undeniably much worse).
  • @sanjaya666 Snow White is a classic Disney Movie and it really set the tone for the Golden Age of Disney. I will admit that it is not too much like the original, but I don't think that was the point. This was Walt's interpretation of the classic tale.
  • Mark Rosewater would have to make a Stan Lee style cameo.
  • @KrampisZman
    You are soooo right. John Oliver would play Urza's Head perfectly!
  • @Tigersol My favorite News Goof Birdy Fact Funny Man is the only choice for the role!
  • Waaaaiiiit... WHO PLAYS SQUEE?
  • @Blueant: Andy Serkis, of course...
  • this is hilarious.
  • this made me think of how my friend describes Tezzeret:
    Bob Marley with a robot arm
  • For some reason I imagine Peter Facinelli as Momir Vig.
    Maybe It's Because Vig reminds me of Max Lord from SuperGirl
  • **Closed**
This discussion has been closed.