I am here to inform you that, the elusive planeswalker known only as Hero of the Capes has discovered a world, among the brightest stars of the universe, which he, very lamely, called Astraliastra. It was inhabited by a very primitive race. Naturally, the empires from the distant corners of the multiverse decided to claim it for their own. The race was on!
Here are the rules of the contest!
Create an empire from some distant plane that no one has ever heard of (you could use a plane like Rabiah, or make your own).
1. A legendary creature to represent the ruler of the empire, or the one responsible for colonisation.
2. A creature to represent the army. It could be a famous general or soldier, or it could represent a run-of-the-mill private straight from the front line, whatever you think would work better.
3. A card of any type to represent how the empire handles magic. A wizard, or a magic potion, or anything really.
4. A macguffin! This is where things get interesting. Create an artefact that is of importance to the empire. A magic orb with the power to signify omens, or a book containing ancestral magic. It is most important to think of a creative solution.
5. And if you think of anything else, I allow up to 3 bonus cards!
Now, how does this challenge progress? Every once in a while, I will present you with a problem. A native rebellion, an appearance of a new species of beast. You will create cards to counter that problem. An artefact to represent a pact with the natives, or a trap for the beast. I will note down your solution, and think about how that affects events.
You could also go to war with another contestant, if you are feeling extreme. You could gain a major advantage when I judge the contestants (which could happen in 2 weeks, or 5 months, depends on how it goes) if you win, but you could gain a massive disadvantage if you lose. Do you want to risk it? Or would you rather sit at home and sip your cocoa plant beverage?
However, I must warn you, I will only accept 4-8 entries into the contest, because 30 empires trying to conquer a plane would be ridiculous, and the deadline is 22nd of September.