The Spooky Scary contest

They might be spooky, they might be scary, but you know what is really spooky?
When I search for Zombies in mtg I get 411 results.
The spooky skeletons only get 48 results.
Does Wizards not care about the bony boys? Are they too spooked perhaps?

October is upon us. It is time to create. Spooky scary skeletons, send shivers down your spine, shrieking skulls will shock your soul, seal your doom tonight.

image image image

Rules
* Up to 7 entries are allowed.
* Up to 3 of these entries may be old cards.
* Cards must be created in mtgcardsmith.
* Cards can be edited and changed at any time before the deadline.
* Credit the artist or provide a source for the artwork.

Prizes
The top three will be given a place in the hall of spook!
First place: 5 favorites of your choice.
Second place: 4 favorites of your choice.
third place: 3 favorites of your choice.
Honorable mentions: 1 favorite of my choice.

Deadline is the 28th of October.

Spooky and dreadful smithing!!

Comments

• edited October 1
    image image image
    The first was supposed to be a Skeleton Scarecrow but he is now too old to edit...
  • I just did a spoopy Haloween contest. When I got time I may already have some... spoopy boys for this. Can't wait to get smithing on this! I love the undead.
  • Three old ones:

imageimageimage
  • edited October 2
    The old ones permitted.

imageimage

( Psychic (If this creature would deal combat damage to a player, instead that player puts that many cards from the top of their library into their graveyard.) )

Also! @TenebrisNemo - Goodness. I've had this happen so many times, I have that same art for a spoopy half skeleton half spirit/wraith/ specter! Also I think those amazing cards just knocked me outta hear, or into high gear, heh.
  • @Shadow29870 - Thank you for the compliment! The skeleton ghost is an amazing artwork, so it's no wonder other people have used it in their cards as well.
  • I agree @TenebrisNemo. And of course! I can't not compliment those cards!
  • edited October 4
  • Neat. I just saw you post that!
  • @Jonteman93 nice! I propose a team up.
  • edited October 4

I can't help but specialize in rares. Though with these guys those seem harder to make. For me at least.
  • edited October 4
    imageimage

Okay, scratch that. I wasn't thinking hard enough.
  • @sorinjace Sorry for the late answer. I totally missed it.
    A team up sounds awesome!
  • edited October 5
    @Jonteman93 Check out the off topic discussion it's called Halloween Themed Contests (I believe?) Hopefully it will help get more traffic your way among other contests listed on the discussion. All Hallows Eve has been doing well so I wanted to help other contests get a chance to be advertised. Want to guest judge on my contest and I'll help guest judge yours in return? Ok so how this would work is we'd give each other our top 3 picks in pm to the contest we guest judge in and the contest host compares the guest judges picks with their own, then ranks the two lists and the final decisions would be picked. Extra easy if the picks somehow come out the same from both judges. That hasn't happened with me yet, but I do help guest judge for @jpastor on mystery box challenge on occasion!
  • @sorinjace Only problem is when one self have cards submitted but yeah. It is a nice idea regardless of that :)
  • I've made quite a lot of skeletons in the past and it's hard to choose which three I think are the best. Here's three old entries:
    imageimageimage
    Expect more entries soon!
  • @Jonteman93 I've had to help judge even when a card of mine was in the pool of cards to be judged, which mine only got 1st place 1 time in judging. Yeah it's weird but you have to look past who made the card and judge for what they are and you'll be surprised what the results are so long as you give it a truly honest approach. I guess what I'm saying is, is that it can be done. :) But I do see what you mean
  • edited October 11

Let's spook it up a little with a knight in- wait. That;s... just a costume...