June 2019 - Tome of TheMechanix

Check out this month's blog post
https://mtgcardsmith.com/blog/tome-of-themechanix
While you're there, check out our Featured Cardsmiths as well...
TheMechanix, @RohanDragoon and @TheCenterOfTheUniverse

http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/4354/tome-of-themechanix

Want to enter a card for the Theme of the Month? Do it here!

All you have to do is open up the Tome and select a mechanic, make a new card with it (giving credit to the originator of the mechanic of course!) and then submit that card right here! A few of our favorite submissions might even make it to the Featured section on the front page, along with cards from our Featured Cardsmiths!

Comments

• edited June 1
    So the theme is just, “use custom mechanics from the tome”?

I am to make at least one card per person who has a mechanic in the tome. I want someone to try to hold me to this.
  • Bloodborne by TheMechanix:

• Horde Ninjutsu by me.
    Counter strike by @Faiths_Guide
  • @KorandAngels - Nice art on Ishmael! I like that he has a Tome!
  • And I didn't post it, but that AMAZING Tome on TheMechanix banner was made by our very own @Tomigon!
  • @Corwinnn I didn't notice the book.
  • edited June 2

Sadly, I can't put the flavor text because space constraints, but that would be:

"Urza would kick our asses into oblivion, opening a portal only to summon unknown creatures to our plane"

This card is a direct reference to Mind Over Matter (https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Mind+Over+Matter), costs 1 more and the Artwork shows Urza and the Rath Portal
  • @Ranshi922, I'll hold you to it.
  • Thanks
  • Let's @ people to spread the fun!
  • edited June 14
    Using Reclusive by @Faiths_Guide

• Betrayal by @Aasehdd.
    I was almost stupid and accidentally made it a 4/4 for 2 mana. That would've been bad.
  • This is great! I think @Lastjustice should have been featured during this months theme and not earlier because he makes cards with custom mechanics more so than a lot of other cardsmiths, but thats just me. Of course that means that one of the featured cardsmiths would have been featured sooner, they totally deserve their feature as each of them are awesome cardsmiths! Its just when I think of cardsmiths who make a lot of cards with custom abilities, @Lastjustice is the 1st person I think of on this topic.

This is seriously a great idea, a huge thank you to everyone who took the time to organize this tome from at least myself and I'm sure other cardsmiths are very greatful for this as well. I will submit some cards here as well for this occasion, this was a lot of hard work, and very much needed. Thank you again guys.
  • edited June 2

Hazard is my own creation.
  • Restore by @sorinjace (yes @Ranshi922 I just referred to myself in the 3rd person lol.)

• edited June 2
    Pacifist by @EmolgAn ( @sorinjace It's fun , I admit)
  • Personally I prefer saying Your’s Truly when referring to myself in things like these.
  • Eruption by @Aggroman15 and Your's Truly.
    I'm unsure whether this should remain as is, have a raised mana cost, or become mythic rare... or both of the latter options.
  • Archive N by @Alchemist.
    This card is an ode to my English teacher for always being willing to talk about whatever nonsense came to mind and to humor me when I talked about Cardsmith.
  • @Corwinnn, it isn't the only tome that @Tomigon has illustrated! He made one for me. I have yet to figure out what I want the card to do yet, though.
  • Skybound by @AlphaOmega.
    Sorry for getting grim with this one.
  • edited June 3
  • @Lastjustice oh I didn't mean to cause confusion! Being a featured cardsmith truly is an honor! I just thought you make a ton of cards with custom abilities is all I meant by it. :)
  • @Lastjustice
    Someone clearly didn't read the blog! XD
    It says "All you have to do is open up the Tome and select a mechanic, make a new card with it". Those are old cards and Hunt mechanic was made by me!
  • Devastate by @sorinjace

Devastate -- At the beginning of each end step, if a source you don't control dealt damage to you this turn, (effect...)

• edited June 3
    Using Dementia by... I forgot the name.

Tf, it's like searching a needle in a stack of hay.

• Flux by @Gelectrode

Flux [cost] (You may cast this spell for its flux cost. If you do, its target(s) is/are chosen at random.)

• edited June 3
    Using painborn

This discussion has been closed.