I like to hurt myself to win

2»

Comments

It's a relatively old card but it still qualifies.
  • One day left ( based on PMT +1 )
  • edited July 2019
  • edited July 2019

• edited July 2019
    Abandoned Marketplace
    Land-Swamp Waste
    ({t}: Add {c} or {b} to your mana pool)
    {c}{b}, pay X life: Create a 1/2 Eldrazi Trader creature token with annihilator X.
    The marketplace was left empty, with only a few
    of Emrakul's mindless spawn to tell where the traders had gone.
  • edited July 2019

• Entry closed. I'll judge now...
  • edited July 2019
    Time for results !

First, honorables mentions:

@ElMagici for Saxan, The Bone Spear

The first time I saw that, I don't find the card very cool. But with a second appraoch, I think the card are good for a third place more than the others. If you want to have your 3/3 Ogre creatures, you pay the life to keep it . And you draw a card if you keep it. But you have to lose 6 life each turn to have your Ogres. But my opinion it's the others cards are more interesting than Saxan, and 3 3/3 Ogres with haste and a 4/3 with a drawing card ability is very powerful even for 6.
    Interesting, but not enough.

@SteampunkDragon for Shadowsewn Riders:

A card with a nice design, a nice idea, but's just a little bit too expansive for me as a rare. It's a 5 Mana 3/3 and you have to pay 2 life for one +1/+1 counter. Depending of the number of life you paid you may have a 4/4 with 1 damage to the opponent or a 5/5 with 2 life lost to the opponent . But a 5/5 for a 5 CMC and 4 life seems too expansive for me as a rare, but I understand you don't have the same opinion as me. Maybe a uncommon for me . ( As the same of the 4 Mana 2/2 dealing 2 dame when it's attacking and it's an uncommon )

Two cards I really found pretty nice but not enough for the podium.

Third place go to:

@sorinjace for Soul Slaver:

Soul Slaver was a card I really like for the fitting on the color , a 5 CMC for a 4/4 Creature with a pacifist ability if you put collar counters on creatures. Fitting with the color.

Second place go to:

@ArmisJoe for Blood Contract

A great evolution of Sign In Blood, powerful as well but allowing a card advantage for opponent too. Nicely balanced , I love it ! And Griefsurge Lieutenant is a cool card too.

And.... the winner is ....

@TenebrisNemo for Tenebris, Who Was Nothing

An ancient card. I love it. Depending of the Nulber of cards of your hand, you can have a 1 CMC 5/5 . You may pay up tp 4 life to go for a 1/1 but you draw cards equal to the number of life paid.
    It can be a huge creature , give a card avantage.... Really nice card, Tenebris , youwin this contest.
    I really like Chapel Presence of Orzhova, but paying life don't apport any boost so I can't choose it.

Please send me in PM the cards you want faved.

Goodbye , and see you again to another contest !
  • Congratulations to other winners an honorable mentions! Thank you for hosting this bloody-good contest, @EmolgAn!

(By the way, you might have forgotten to show the card which actually took the 1st place!)
  • Oh, I show Chapel Presence instead of Tenebris. My bad.
  • edited July 2019
    Awe Yeah! Congrats to the other winners and honorable mentions!

@EmolgAn, here are my 2 fave requests please:

1.) https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/eden-puppet-master

2.) https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/pelt-down

(In case you faved one of these already, here's one more: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/parting-waves )

Thank you for the cool contest!!
  • Thank you for the second place @EmolgAn
    Congrats to all winners and other participants for such bloodbath :)
This discussion has been closed.