Tournament of Champions 2 (The game has begun)

Comments

• @shadow123 It's all good just wanted to make sure you knew
  • After the fight, Bubbles took its anger out on Nir, the fallen knight who dared to violate its safety. Bubbles grew a taste for flesh, and didn't stop eating for the rest of the competition.

• edited May 2018
    In the middle of the night, Tai scurried outside. She just couldn’t sleep. She felt restless. She sat down in the lawn and fixed her gaze on the stars. An image appeared through the stars and white light shone down onto the garden. Inside of the beam of light, she could hear a voice.

“I am Taz.”

Wha!?

The calm voice continued, giving her instructions and tips. The light finally faded and a figure stood behind her, Nya.

“What was that?” She demanded.

Tai flew away. She snuck into the control room and froze the cameras and stopped the detectors for an hour. It took her thirty minutes to find a small staircase leading down to a dim room. There was a small room that read:

Room of Champions

Taz had once used this room and enchanted it even though it wasn’t hers. There was a small dresser which read:

Taz, the Immortal

She opened a small drawer. In it contained a small pouch. When Tai got back to her room, she opened the small parcel. It contained a white gem. Tai cast a spell. A young Faerie appeared.

“Nice job,” Taz said.

“I’ll be guiding you on your journey to hopefully becoming a champion.”

Then Taz ascended our the window. Tai put the gem in her container. A mystery suddenly unfolded. The crystal the shopkeeper gave her was meant to ruin the lives of the Champions. A plan was stirring and she had almost fallen into it. Tai raced down to Nya’s room and told her everything.

Tai raced up to her room. She had to tell Judge Gaspar, but when?

• ( @shadow123 - Hold on. Is Taz one of the previous champions of the tournament in your story?

Also, there is still a long way until a champion of this tournament will be crowned, so don't get too excited even though you win the first match. )
  • @TenebrisNemo She isn’t a Champion, but she enchanted the room. I said she would help train, and hopefully become a champion.
  • ( @shadow123 - Alright, carry on. )
  • edited May 2018
    @TenebrisNemo If you ever think I’m getting off track, just message me and I’ll fix it.
  • ( @shadow123 - I'll keep that in mind.

@Everyone - I want to apologize for being slow with the 1st round of this tournament. It's been 17 days since I announced the pairings and created the bracket, and only 5 matches have been held. Perhaps I should have thought about my time, because everyday and especially during weekends majority of it goes to other matters.

There is 11 matches left in this round, and I promised earlier that I would hold 2 matches a day. I will try to do so starting next Monday. When this round is over, 50% of this tournament's matches are held.

Have I been a decent host so far? How do you think I've handled the tournament, the world, the matches, the characters, and especially, you? Is there something that needs to be improved? I would like to see what everyone thinks. )
  • edited May 2018
    @TenebrisNemo You are an excellent host. Some of those 17 days, trouble was caused and it was best to stay away and not give harsh words. I know that you may be busy, because even though I make a lot of cards, I have a packed schedule as well, especially weekends. I liked the side stories that you wrote and also I have an idea. If we were to switch threads and move to the tournament city, couldn’t there be some kind of attack like in the semifinals? I like the suspense.
  • @shadow123 couldn't have said it better myself
  • @shadow123 Taz sounds familiar is she based off something?
  • @pjbear2005 no, she is my original idea, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a name similar to Taz in mtg though.
  • @shadow123 Some kind of attack? What do you mean? An attack against the contenders or a full scale battle between realms?

Have you read the old tournament with the abyssal akon beast (Outbreak), Zaralim (A monster worse than the Akon) and the Stelladoran dragon riders? (Departure)
    These begins from page 18 with "Bells - Tiamat" and ends on page 25 with "Under attack"
    http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/3287/tournament-of-champions-the-game-has-begun/p18
  • edited May 2018
    ( @shadow123 - Thank you for the kind words!

The tournament hosts and other living beings would not like an attack during the tournament. It would be an unwanted scenario which would only cause harm and delay. But of course things may not go as planned...

This is not something you, the players, can come up with, though. It's a major event which requires planning from me. I should've explained this earlier, but there are indeed some limitations about what your champions can do and what things can or can't happen in your stories. But I don't have the time to explain it now.

What I really want you to do is that before writing any story segments, you message me about it. Consult me about if it's ok and I will tell my opinion about it before you post it here. )
  • edited May 2018
    Ok, thanks @TenebrisNemo

@Jonteman93 I followed the tournament all the way through.
  • @shadow123 oh right you did. Sorry I forgot that.
  • @TenebrisNemo Training is okay, right?

Tai went out to train with her freed friend. More like her former queen.

“Welcome Tai.” The Queen said.

“I’m ready,” Tai said

“Oh, really?” Taz questioned as she ascended into the air.

Tai leveled with Taz and slashed at her with her flute. Right when it hit the Faerie’s skin, a silver light glowed. The flute caused a ripple in the light, but nothing else. Tai flung black powder on the Great figure. The silver light absorbed the powder and then faded away. Tai was getting desperate, she flew high into the air and cast a lunar spell. The bright blue lance appeared in her hand and she forced it down at Taz. The lance hit Taz’s silver skin and Taz was knocked to the ground. She didn’t try to stop her fall. From that high, any faerie could have died, but not Taz. Tai tried to play a tune. At that moment, her hand glowed blue, the flute she was holding was ripped from her hands and was tossed to the other end of the field.

So that’s her weakness.

When she picked up the flute, a golden beam burst out of her palms and quickly slammed into Tai. Tai was knocked out.

“I’ll teach you my wind trick once you are able to beat me,” Taz said.

“Then I will.”

“Back at home, remember what the called me trickster?”

“Yes,” Tai said, “Taz, the Silver Wind.”

• ( @shadow123 - Yes, but Taz appearing in a blink of an eye from nothing seemed rather odd.

@Everyone - Since I didn't have time on Monday, I will hold the 6th match today. I will also hold the 7th match if I am lucky that is. )
  • Sixth Match - Preparations

A pale elf with light leather armor and iron equipment silently opened her room's door within the tavern of contenders. No other contestant seemed to be awake as she walked through the dark corridors. Koorir the minotaur's snoring echoed in the dining hall when the elven cryomancer walked down the stairs. Morning sun's first rays shined through the tavern's windows. When the elf opened the large front door, stepped outside, and closed it, she could see that noisy tournament host walking to her direction. Sir Killian had already seen the elf, who began to walk away quickly, and the knight approached her.

"Hey, Katha Zomol! You're early. Where are you going?"

The elf stopped, then she looked at Killian with her cold white eyes. "Today my match will be held, so I must prepare for it."

"I haven't seen you training with other people," Killian said. "Actually, nobody has seen you since your arrival. Is everything alright?"

"I don't like the company of those who would kill me or die in this tournament. What are the others thinking? You don't come here to form friendships, do you?"

The contestant and the host were silent for a moment, then Killian put his right hand onto the elf's left shoulder. "Look, I don't know what's happened to you in the past, but I think we're not so different. The only advice I can give you right now is that you don't shut your soul away from everything else, because in the end, it will be away from you as well."

Katha looked Killian into his eyes, then the elf pushed away his hand on her shoulder and quickly walked away behind a building's corner. Killian stood still for a few seconds before he walked into the tavern of contenders and woke all other sleeping contestants up.

( @Jaxtheduck & @Iseebirds )

After an hour, the brown haired dwarf rode with his steed next to the town gates of Eternstor, jumped off from the horse, and walked around the lively streets while announcing in a loud voice.

"The match between Katha the cryomancer and Kozar the half-human, half-demon will be held at the lonely shores in two hours!"
  • @tenebrisnemo you got may character exactly the way I imagined her as
  • edited May 2018
    After Katha left the knight to train by herself in the woods she started to think about what Killian said. "Maybe I don't have to shut the world out, Maybe I can have friends" she said to herself, After checking to make sure there was no one else around she broke down "Oh Mamma what do I do?, I don't want to lose anyone else who got close to me but I don't want to keep myself hidden away from everyone else"

After she pulled herself together she heard something crack after looking around the area where she heard it she found a bright glowing blue stone she quickly took it back to her room to examine it.
  • Sixth Match - Beginning

The people arrived to the shores, where the sixth match of the tournament's first round was about to be held. There weren't as many civilians as usual because of a small rain. Dark grey clouds were ruling the sky with the rain, which was more gentle than during the thunder storm before the first match.

As Pele was walking along the forest path, which led to the upcoming match's arena, she saw Sir Killian in the distance walking to the same direction. She quickened her pace and was soon walking right next to the tall tournament host.

"Sir Killian," Pele greeted and smiled.

"Pele," the knight said while nodding and smiled back.

"I'm wondering why the hosts decide to hold the sixth match now even though it's raining."

"A little rain shouldn't stop the contestants from fighting each other. We can not choose the weather when we are facing enemies on a battlefield. Also, judge Gaspar doesn't want anymore delays. 'The sooner this round is over with, the better.'"

Sir Killian imitated Gaspar's rough and low voice when he said the final sentence. Pele giggled and Killian chuckled. The rain didn't affect their mood at all. The young pyromancer looked at the knight.

"You know, you don't seem as hard-boiled as the other hosts. Though, I do not know anything about the man with the top hat..."

"Gaspar and Eetu each carry sacred duties, which may be quite burdensome. But they chose their own paths and, as you would've guessed, they're some of the best people for them."

After a while, Killian and Pele arrived to the arena. The pyromancer searched for a bench in the large wooden stand and the knight walked onto the podium in front of the audience. Katha and Kozar were already in their positions in the arena, so Killian began his usual speech immediately, which ended at the usual saying.

"Our heroes will never die as long as we have faith in them!"

Tournament staff and a few civilians repeated the same saying. Then Killian raised his right hand at Katha's direction.

"An elven warrior who controls the coldest corner of magic; Katha Zomol!"

When people had stopped clapping, Killian raised his left hand at Kozar's direction. "A young man, who was cursed and trained by demons; Kozar!"

After the second round of applause, Killian turned to look at the two contestants and raised his both hands towards them. The two fighters took a firm grip from their weapons as the knight shouted.

"Let the sixth match begin!"
  • Hunt.....Kill.......Survive......Win.
  • Sixth Match - End

image VS image
    image_________________________image

Katha ran onto a sharp cliff and looked around the arena. Her armor was slightly broken and she had minor wounds. Kozar had summoned lesser demons to fight by his side. Even though they've managed to surprise the cryomancer, Katha had turned the falling rain drops into sharp ice spikes and torn her opponent's minions apart.

After a few minutes of fighting, Kozar had flown with his demon wings behind the shore's cliffs, and Katha had lost sight of him. The accursed young man was wounded as well. He was peeking from behind a distant cliff and he saw his opponent on top of the largest one, still looking for him. Kozar sat down and looked at his scratchy armor.

Of course it would rain when I fight against a cryomancer, and of course she would use it against me. Perhaps it's time I do this...

Kozar gripped his spear tightly with his both hands, then he shouted and thrust the spear's blade through his armor, clothes, and stomach. Katha heard the shout and slid down the wet cliff with her feet all the way to the sandy ground. Then she began to run at the shout's direction. After a moment, she reached the cliff, where the shout came from. Katha readied her spear and walked behind the cliff.

But she didn't see Kozar. Instead there was a large puddle of blood behind the cliff and nothing else. Then Katha heard a monstrous breath from behind her. She turned around and was immediately greeted with sharp claws going through her upper body. After a second, Katha had her back was against the cliff wall and her feet didn't even touch the ground. She looked at the being before her that was holding her up. It was a large, black demon that slightly looked like Kozar. The demon shoved its long and sharp claws deeper into Katha's body, and the elf screamed in pain. Blood came from her mouth and tears trickled down from her eyes.

Mama... It hurts...

The demon pulled its hand from Katha's lifeless body, then it dropped her onto the ground. The rain washed away the blood from the demon's hands and from the cliff. Soon, the demon transformed slowly back to Kozar. The young man took a few steps at the audience's direction before he collapsed. A soldier shouted an order, and the healers quickly ran towards the two contestants. Sir Killian walked onto the podium from his seat and announced the winner of the sixth match.
  • Winner!

@Iseebirds

Kozar fights his way to the tournament's 2nd round! You may post his 2nd stage version here anytime before the undetermined deadline.

@Jaxtheduck - Katha was killed, but she was brought back to life soon after! You may post her 2nd and 3rd stage versions here and write how she departures from Eternstor, if you want.

The tournament bracket has been updated.
  • edited May 2018
    Training (Part 1 of 6)

Pele's match was getting closer especially with that Katha girl's match with Kozar over so she needed to train more. She was getting worried because the people she were expecting should be here by now. Even though she didn't know who she was waiting for she knew she was waiting for someone.
    "They'll be here eventually" She said to herself thinking about it even though her match was still a while away.
    After walking outside she saw Tai flying around "Hey Tai!" She said waving at her
    "Hey Pele" She said back "What's up?
    "Thinking" Pele said "Wanna train?"
    "Sure" Tai said looking at her anxious face "You okay?"
    "Yeah" She responded "Just waiting for something."
    "Okay then" Tai said "Lets go then."

After an hour of training they got into an especially long session of back and forth flinging of spells Pele started feeling a weird sensation in her head, it felt like a fire in the back of her head. Between the constant spells flying everywhere and the sensation in her head slowly covering her mind, she didn't know how it happened but she passed out.

"Hello Pele" A voice said ringing through her head "I've been expecting you."

To Be Continued.
  • edited May 2018
    @TenebrisNemo

What time does this take place compared to the actual MTG storyline?

If it is set in a specific time
This discussion has been closed.