Who wants a unique challenge, that will warp how you play Magic?

edited July 2019 in Off-topic Chat
Hello fellow cardsmiths, myself have been searching through sets on other custom MTG card/set creation sites. When myself hopped onto the well known Magic Set Editor forums and found some incredible sets.

So what are we on about exactly? The goal to this proposed challenge is to make Archive cards that function as additional face up libraries. You're probably thinking, "You're insane!". Well my future plans are madder than a hatter, but those are yet to happen.

For references from where this card type and the keyword mechanic came from, look below;

Creator: herziquerzi
Set 1: Carpe Arcanum (CAC) - January, 2018 - Set Thread - MSEM
Set 2: Memorium Arcanum (MAC) - May, 2018 - Set Thread

Here are some of their takes on their own mechanic:
imageimageimageimageimage

My takes on Archives and the Catalogue mechanic:
imageimageimage

Please let myself know if you're interested, in the comments below!

Comments

• This broke my head. Also seems really unintuitive to have more than one library.
  • Fair enough, myself believe in pushing boundaries though. Not sitting behind them.

So we're not of the same mentality, which is understandable.
  • Those sound like the words of somebody who hasn't played enough Melek Split Screen.

This seems like a fun idea to play around with.
  • @Yesterday
    Thanks, found this from a custom set on MSE and wanted to roll with it before starting some new takes using their mechanics and my own.
  • I'm not sure how they would feel about Hijacking their mechanics and bringing them to another site. Did you ask about using it here? Some folks are very touchy about their creations... especially seeing them used on a different forum without proper credit.
  • edited July 2019
    Fine, will check just because myself neglected to.
  • Sorry about that.
  • No worries, just don't want a flame war with another creation site.
  • edited July 2019
    I'm in!

(You saw nothing)

Considering I am the creator of mechanics like entrap and salvage, I love this sort of convoluted craziness.
  • Updated the thread to refer to the original source material in entirety. Made by herziquerzi.
This discussion has been closed.