Build a God, a Bear? (Closed)

Comments

• @modnation675
    Thanks for the feedback. I am implementing some changes now. In the next few days I will be editing my entries.
  • Feel free to post more feedback on the new cards.
  • @Jyagaimasu
    Posted some feedback. Be careful though, as you're repeating some mistakes in regards to formatting.
  • edited July 2017
    @modnation675
    Wait. So I basically made the same thing. I never played any conspiracy. That's neat though, that I'm on some level as wizards designs. Just too little, too late.
    I'll delete, or, redo the card.
  • edited June 2017
    @Beydin13
    I've definitely seen some of your cards surpass WotC's by a long-shot.

The wonders of the community is that we can print things without having to think like a business and we can provide frequent feedback.
  • edited July 2017
    Here goes - finally created an account, had a set concept worked out already, so here goes some of the offshoots. Entry #1

Edit: had to take down to re-edit, see following post for final result
  • I know, I know, the giant pile of rules test that is phasing is kinda ungainly, but it makes more sense to me than indestructible for this guy - he/she/it/fish ceases to be, then is again. because paradox. and junk. ><
  • edited July 2017
    @Snickles
    It's quite a cool card, I posted some feedback on your card's page. I also think it's justified over indestructible.
  • edited July 2017
    @modnation675
    Ty, and thanks for input. going to re-edit & upload new set, with 3 different plane's gods, along with a bit of explanation (both lore and mechanics)

Famine, one of the five horsemen of the apocalypse (Terry Pratchett reference for those of you confused), is a god that you appease by, go figure, "starving" yourself of board state. loosely inspired by balance, it's goal is to punish asymmetrical progress. Inspired partially by Good Omens (Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett book. If you haven't read it, stop doing this, go get it, and read it. I'll wait. No seriously, it's amazing and hysterical), for his use of the Scale as a weapon of choice. early concepts were based on land tax as well, only counting lands in excess that opponent's controlled, but this ended up being scrapped due to famine killing creatures IRL.

I like how this one turned out - based on my initial entry, I created a god of time. and while you can get rid of It, it doesn't really take. Rather than indestructibility, It simply ceases to be (phases out), but I deliberately paired this with a very frail body - in short, while you can't get rid of It without a stifle mechanic, It is remarkable easy to get rid of temporarily (ha time pun). Additionally, because It can only participate in combat when something phases in, as opposed to out, attacking requires you to phase out your own permanents in advance, while defending requires you to phase out your opponents beforehand - in short, to play the god of time appropriately, you need to have foresight.

Hailing from Aeon's grant, a Ringworld, Chirion is the sole deity that does not have an opposing / alter ego. The other gods are bound as diametrically opposing forces (life/death, order/chaos, etc). As time itself has no inherent opposite, and space is part of time (go quantum mechanics), Chirion is the most powerful of the gods. It is also the only god that does not draw worship, as It's very nature is completely different from all other deitys on the plane.

Inspired by Shadowmoor and Ravnica, Krothus acts more as a lurker for control decks. with Tithe of 0, it effectively triggers itself every time (you can choose not to, but there isn't much point). Like most gods, Krothus is hard to get rid of. Unlike most gods, however, he can be killed. I tried to make different mechanics to represent the neigh unkillable nature of deities, and this one makes the most sense for a fairy tale-esk creature - evil that lurks in the shadows, defeated, but will return. Like Dracula, he drains the life from enemies and grows in power. I'm not quite sure what to do with the counter mechanics, but I think when I get around to making his set, B/W will end up with some proliferate mechanics.

edit: changed my entries a bit, updated them here

This is what I thought a God would look like on Kaladesh; a 'spirit of inspiration'. Ideas are worship to it, so the more ideas you have the harder it is to kill.
  • edited July 2017
    Fixed the exploits on our honorary entry. It seems we had forgot about mana abilities for some reason.
    http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/79834/#Comment_79834
  • edited July 2017
    Deleted.

• Entries edited, hopefully not more balancing issues, though I did prefer being told about them.
  • Please take a look and let me know what you think!

imageimageimage
  • Here's mine, some feedback'd be much appreciated, especially with regards to the cost and simplification, and sorry that the text is a bit squished. (I haven't been here in a while, so please let me know if me if I've done something wrong, thanks!)
  • A slightly different approach – each of those gods is hidden unless you have a problem, then it rewards you according to your sacrifices.
    image image
  • edited July 2017
    what if i did like you know how the eldrazi were gods in the memories of the zendikari? like something like that?

nevermind.
    here you go: https://mtgcardsmith.com/account/sets/22251
  • Hope you like my Gods. I would play them! Check out my page.

imageimageimage
  • edited July 2017
    I'm gonna be re-looking over the entries to provide feedback to those interested.

The contest has gotten more support than I imagined at this point. Thanks everyone! :)

I'm also running two other contests starting this week.
    A) Draft Effects
    B) Pauper Corn
  • edited July 2017
    @theimmortaldeath, @PiJoeG
    Edit: All issues have been resolved.
  • I'm think the method I used to have the picture is without link, but mine's at https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ux-the-watching
  • @PiJoeG
    No problem, I can just look it up manually since I know the username. Thank you so much as this contest is really popular!

We're nearing 50+ entries! Woaaah. XD
  • @Everyone
    Since there are definitely too many entries to post feedback individually, anyone interested in feedback may leave a message.
  • edited July 2017
    Edit: Removed Comment.
  • edited July 2017
    whoops
  • edited July 2017
    @PiJoeG
    Refresh page. (I made an error!)
  • edited July 2017
    imageimageimage
    here you go
  • @theimmortaldeath
    Thank you! If there are any changes, leave a message. :)
  • I think I know what you'd say, but I would like feedback!!!
This discussion has been closed.