Legends Rising

Comments

• I'll take another pack, please :smile: 
  • @TerryTags This will be your second pack, correct?
  • @ShadowReign
    Yep!  Pack#2 for me, plz
  • edited June 2021
    Gotcha, one sec to get it made.
  • @TerryTags Your Legends Pack.
    Prize - Two favorites of my choice.
    Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a legendary creature - Vampire.
    • Create a legendary creature that has a custom ability entitled "Doom".
    • Create a black and red legendary creature.

Challenge - Rare
    • Create a legendary creature that's all about the command zone.

Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a tri-color legendary creature with classic abilities (Example: Delve, intimidate, echo, ect.).
  • IT'S TIME TO DISCUSS

Head on over to the Legends Rising Leaderboard and discuss anything and everything about Legends Rising.
    https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/5764/legends-rising-leaderboard#latest
  • Challenge - Rare • Create a legendary creature that's all about pollution. (Pollution is a land based ability of my own design. It reads as follows: (It's controller loses 1 life anytime it's tapped for mana.) image
  • alright, I'm interested. Hit me with a legends pack.
  • @stormbreath Your Legends Pack.
    Prize - You may have a challenge in this pack be completed by yours truly, @ShadowReign.
    Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a legendary creature that's all about infect.
    • Create a legendary creature with madness.
    • Create a colorless legendary creature.

Challenge - Rare
    • Create a legendary creature - Samurai with a custom ability entitled Ronin.

Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a dual-color legendary creature with a total of three abilities; each of which are not static abilities
  • question: is Ronin an ability that already has rules, or do I need to make them up myself?
  • edited June 2021
    @stormbreath Ronin will be a custom ability of your own design. It doesn't already exist as far as I know.
  • edited June 2021
    got it, thanks.

First card:

• challenge: Uncommon: create a legendary creature that's all about Infect.
    Greve the Rotter
    it's not quite "all about" infect, but I think it's okay.

• Also, @stormbreath, would you like to activate your prize. It says you may, so you don't have to activate it if you don't want to.
  • edited June 2021
    sure, I'll activate my prize. My prize happens once I make all five creatures, right?

and my second card:
    • challenge: rare: create a Samurai creature with the custom ability Ronin.
    Hirotaka Vengeful Wanderer

I had a little trouble designing this card. it's meant to be essentially a sacrificial nuke more than anything else, but i could see some very interesting play coming from it.
  • A prize you can activate anytime you'd like (provided it isn't a prize that activates immediately), but your particular prize will have me complete a challenge of your choice, so you if you activate it, you will only have to complete four of the challenges.
  • oh, then I won't activate my prize yet
  • edited June 2021
    @ShadowReign Alright, my pack is complete. Another please!
  • @pstmdrn Your Legends Pack.
    Prize - A favorite on each green card in your last pack.
    Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a legendary creature with kicker.
    • Create a legendary creature with cycling.
    • Create a mono color legendary creature that's all about creatures.

Challenge - Rare
    • Create a legendary creature with multiple different creatures in the artwork, with each of those creatures having an ability in the text box.

Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a legendary creature that allows you to chose an amount of damage to deal, but has no other way to deal damage aside from combat damage, and has an opponent to do something at random as that creature deals non-combat damage, and forces you to do something whenever it deals combat damage.
  • What does it mean 'all about gaining multiples abilities'?

• @TheDukeOfPork The card must be "all about" (have the ability to, have the ability to give the ability to, function off of, ect.) gaining multiple abilities. Meaning has to have at least two abilities that temporarily, or permanently, gain, or grant abilities.

Example: "At the beginning of your upkeep, (card name) gains menace" or "Whenever (card name) attacks, target attacking creature gains first strike."
  • edited June 2021
    Third one in my pack:
    • Uncommon: create a legendary creature with Madness.
    Daros the Enlightened
    Overall pretty happy with how he turned out. He'd be somewhat decent in a few situations, but I can't see him being a real game-changer anyways.

Fourth:
    • Uncommon: create a colorless legendary creature.
    Arthur the First Questor
    an interesting card. I considered making it so you couldn't search for more than one of each basic land type, but I couldn't figure out how to word that, so I left it out.

and the final one:

• Mythic Rare: make a legendary creature with three separate abilities that aren't static abilities.
    Wilem the Righteous
    I had some trouble creating this card. At first I wanted to make them an Angel, but I couldn't include any keyword abilities with what I had in mind, so i had to actually search up new artwork for the card.

Either way, I think I'll cash in my prize now.

• @pstmdrn Everything looks good, would you like another pack?
  • edited June 2021
    Challenge - Uncommon
    • Create a legendary creature with kicker.
    • Create a legendary creature that enters the battlefield tapped.
    • Create black and green legendary creature.
    Ubix the Hunter Mozax Holder of Chains Giselle Mercys Bane

Challenge - Rare
    • Create a legendary creature with 4 subtypes. [This challenge has become Fatal.]
    Bleargh Eater of All
    Challenge - Mythic
    • Create a legendary creature that can go infinite with itself, but punishes you for each time you use that ability. 
    Fungalhoarder
  • edited June 2021
    Sorry @stormbreath, I didn't see you finished. So, when you activate your prize, it will check to see that the target is still legal (like an instant, sorcery or an activated ability when resolving), in your case the target is a challenge that will be completed by me, but since there are no legal challenges (all have been completed), (like in MTG) it will fizzle out. 

Your prize was: "You may have a challenge in this pack be completed by yours truly, @ShadowReign." Meaning: You would only have to make four cards, while I will complete the chosen challenge for you. But it does however say may, so you didn't have to activate the challenge, but if had wanted to, you would have had to leave a challenge uncompleted for me to complete. So unfortunately, your prize is now null and void.

But your pack is complete, so would you like another one?
  • edited June 2021

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Legends Rising continues to evolve huh, and as it evolves, new things are added. Now i've put some thought into this, and I have made the decision give it a go. So now, you can choose what pack you want!! Let me explain: When you ask for a pack, you will ask for either a Legends Draft Pack or a Legends Set Pack. These Legends Draft/Set Packs, will be similar to that of WotC products. Nothing is changing with the Legends Packs, except for the difference in name. This is done to differentiate them from this new pack. So, the contents of a Legends Draft Pack is as follows:

Legends Draft Pack
    A good chance to contain a prize.
    A rare chance of it being a God Pack.
    Uncommon x3
    Rare x1
    Mythic x1

So yeah, nothing is changing with that. Now, the contents of a Legends Set Pack is as follows:

Legends Set Pack
    A good chance to contain a prize.
    An artwork.
    Uncommon x3
    Rare or Mythic x1

So, these Set Packs will contain artwork that must be used in one of the cards you create to complete a challenge, and will additionally contain one fewer challenge, while still worth the same points as a Draft Pack. However, there is a downside: These Set Packs will not have a chance to be a God Pack. Meaning you could miss out on getting a God Pack, with the contents of a Legends God Pack as follows.

Legends God Pack
    Guaranteed Prize x1
    Guaranteed Challenge Prize x1
    Rare x3
    Mythic x2

So yeah, the newest addition in the Legends Rising Discussion. So get to completing those packs, and maybe give them Set Packs a try.
  • edited June 2021
    sure, I'll take another pack. I like these challenges. Just kinda wish I could get feedback on my cards, but that's not important.

EDIT: I also realized just now I completely missed one half of my Mythic Rare challenge. I have a creature with three non-static abilities, but it's a mono colored creature, rather than a dual-colored creature.

I guess I'll activate my prize for that, then.
  • Alright @stormbreath, while I work on that challenge, would you like a Legends Draft Pack or a Legends Set Pack?
This discussion has been closed.