A Snail Tale - RPG

Comments

• @kaoz42 @Yururu
    "The Hedhogging Horror destroyed our town and consumed our snails and their children. Why wouldn't we spare the Hedhogging Horror's children when we could bring the justice to our snails? As bonus, they couldn't grow up and become more Hedhogging Horror." Melt-Melt said, as it would be disgusted at Amberite's comment, "I never gave any of a hint that we should eat the mammals. Mammals gives me upset stomach, I prefer insects and rocks better." Then it look at Cosmos, "I can melt these spikes to give you an opening to attack."
  • As Cosmonolos thinks about his idea he realizes that he is still new to this plane and knows almost nothing about the Hedgehogging Horror, its behaviour and reactions. If the snails do what he suggests, it could very easily be the end for all of them.
  • @FireOfGolden
    "We can't kill these poor creatures. After all, they were not the ones who caused so much destruction. If we are to kill these poor creatures, we would be just as bad as the Hedhogging Horror itself."
    [Crawling Tank chooses mercy]
  • Cosmonolos says "All you think about is food, Ambernite. Well that's all good and well as it is easy to acquire simple pleasures, but I think it's going to far to eat every non-snail we come across and can swallow." Cosmonolos says "Well lets hide them somewhere out of sight and smell of the horror, then flee into the water."
  • This is in roleplay, I am sorry if it seems I am being rude to whom been insulted or hurt.
    @Robo_Kitty
    Melt-Melt narrowed its eyes toward Crawling Tank. "Yet, our snails' children never do anything to the Hedhogging Horror. The Hedhogging Horror didn't have to do these, but they did so. They must feel the pain what is it like to lose someone." Melt-Melt then scoffed, "Does you even know anything about justice?"

@kaoz42
    It then look at Cosonolos in disbelief, "Then how do you suggest we could survive underwater? The Hedhogging Horror may dislike water, but they can swim, if they had to. I would like to remind you that I cannot tolerate any form of water. As you can see I am made of lava."
  • @LvB I’m going to be inactive here for about a week. But I should be back soon.
  • LvBLvB
    edited March 18
    Ok, the snails will be waiting for you ;)

After a short but intense discussion, the majority of the snails finally decided to spare the lifes of the monstrous offspring of the Hedgehogging Horror. (Result: 2x Show Mercy, 1x Revenge, 1x Own Plan). And so the snails left the cave and rushed back to the black snail and the young ones as fast as they could, telling them about the situation. They then agreed that it would be best if the black snail and the young ones waited on a large rock that reached out of the ocean not far away from the beach and was surrounded by water. Being able to crawl underwater on the ground of the ocean for quite some time they could get there and be safe from the Hedgehogging Horror. And the other snails would crawl up the outside of the Abyssal Depths to get to the Ancient Device that was able to refill the ocean, as the Elder Snail had suggested.

For showing mercy your snails got a wider perspective of life. That open-mindedness results in a bonus mana! Every snail gets a permanent +1 mana.
    And now is a good time to create a real character sheet of your snail, where you can see with one look everything that is important.

Heres is an example of how it could look:

• @LvB
    I didn't get any bonus for not showing mercy? This is pretty injustice, Melt-Melt could say. ?
  • LvBLvB
    edited March 18
    The majority voted for mercy, therefore that is what the snails decide to do. Because ... Snailocracy. And each snail gets that +1 bonusmana, even Melt-Melt.
  • @LvB
    Ah, so each snail get one bonus mana, even for these snails who wanted revenge?
  • edited March 18

• edited March 20
    "We hadn't met before the Sunfall, Cosmo. Since before it let us 'think', food always weighed heavy on my mind. It has always had to. Monsters are horrible, but I dread no worse death than famine. These changes have made me much less picky an eater, so I admit I might've been... indulging lately. All these urgent situations sure don't help.
    Even so, food is not the only thing I 'think' about. Right now, I 'think' about... Well... This may not help my point, but water. Yea, water. The fallen sun is still there, boiling the ocean, and the Elder said its heat would destroy the world. Does anyone have any idea how to use the Ancient Device the giants made to cool the sea?"
    "I'm sorry for not backing you back there, Melt-Melt. The Massacre was before I could sense minds, but... I don't think the Horror 'thinks' like we do. I'm not sure if the death of its own would mean anything to it. Now, I wanted to talk to you real quick. Don't tell Cosmo. You said you prefer to eat... rocks? We can do that?!"
  • Melt-Melt {1}{r}
    Creature - Arcane Snail
    "Haste" - 3/1
    Spell: Stifling Ground, Lava Afterburn

"Eeu... Thank you for consideration, I suppose. Yes, we can eat rocks, but for you snails, small amounts is good for your stomach's function. Higher will rock your life, pun intended. As for me, I can eat many rocks as I want, but that will makes me bigger and slower. At least, it controls my temperature situation."
  • LvBLvB
    edited March 22
    Now while the snails start to crawl up the Abyssal Depths outer side and the young snails move to the small rocky island you suddenly hear crashing sounds coming from the twilight brushland jungle as if something large was moving through it. And then it arrives at the beach! With bloodthirst and rage in its eyes, covered in blood and holding the torn off head of a small Hedgehogling in its claws, the Hedgehogging Horror arrives at the beach! It must have killed and eaten at least some of his own kind and is even larger and more monstrous than the last time you have seen it! And it also seems to be mutating because it has two more arms than last time and its Spikes look longer and sharper than ever before! Sniffing the air, it turns towards the Abyssal Depths and then runs toward it, trying to reach the snails before they crawled up too high! You crawl up as fast as possible, but as the Hedgehogging Horror arrives at the Abyssal Depths, he tries to jump up and get you! Its wide open jaw, filled with numerous razorsharp teeth only miss you by inches and in frustration cause his prey got away again he starts to hammer in blind rage against the Abyssal Depths outer side.

• Once Robo Kitty is back, this rpg will resume. Meanwhile the snails crawl up the outside of the Abyssal Depths while the Hedgehogging Horror is raging on the ground.
  • @LvB I'm back!

Crawling Tank {1}{w}
    Creature - Arcane Snail
    "Vigilance" 1/3
    Spells: Harden shell, Tank the Hit
    Mana: 3
  • @LvB
    How much was our starting mana? I need it to calculate my character sheet because I took levelup mana bonus and now we all get another mana
  • LvBLvB
    edited March 27
    Welcome back, Robo Kitty! Kaoz42, starting Mana was two. You gained one mana for showing mercy and if you chose mana at levelup, your snail should have 4 mana at the moment.

"As you crawl up the outer side of the Abyssal Depths you realize how similar to the World Tree the outside is. Are the Abyssal Depths and the World Tree somehow connected? Is there something going on, that you dont understand yet? Such thoughts come into your mind and maybe thats a good thing, cause it doesnt make you think about other things, like falling down into certain death and being eaten by a furious Hedgehogging Horror who is still hammering against the Abysall Depths, which starts to become kind of annoying. You focus on crawling up higher and higher and you only stop from time to time to eat some moss or small shrooms that are growing here. But then you keep on crawling towards the Ancient Device that is somehow attached to the Abyssal Depths. And you begin to speculate what that Ancient Device might actually do ..."

New Quest: Create a card of the Version of the Ancient Device that your snail is thinking about/making up in its mind. It must be an artifact.
  • LvBLvB
    edited April 4

Quest time for creating the Ancient Device Artifact is over.

After a while, the rather unimaginative snails - who werent able to speculate about the ancient device - they finally arrived at it! The Ancient device reached out of the abyssal depths outside and it was made out of a strange and very hard material they had never encountered before. It felt nice and cold to the touch and so the snails decided to call this material "Strangehardium".
    The Ancient Device reached out from the Abyssal Depths like a branch of the world tree and near its end there was an object attached to it that looked like it was placed there on purpose. Curious the snails moved a bit towards it, but then they felt that something else was going on, a presence, that they couldnt quite figure out.

A. Crawl toward the Object that is at the end of the Ancient Device.
    B. Focus on the strange Presence that you feel.
    C. Do something else.

• edited April 4
    Curious and still not quite clear what sort of function the Ancient Device fulfilled, so removed and alien as it was from the snail's experience thus far, the Ambernite focuses on the presence for perhaps some guidance.
  • Are you still part of the snail tale ?
  • @LvB
    Sorry, it's a little busy month.

Melt-Melt will take a look at the object by the Ancient Device at preferable distance.
  • @LvB
    Yes, but mtgcardsmith server is down - I don't need it but I'd like to wait.
  • Oh, forum is back. Nice. So who is still here ?

Meanwhile some bards made a ballad about this. Its not complete, and maybe its better to split up the song into parts, but still ...

• I'm here
  • edited May 1
    Oh I'm here! What the heck, the metal ballad? Nice! Is it an AI thing, or from an actual band?
  • Its from the most famous AI Band "Snailwish" xD
  • LvBLvB
    edited May 7
    Meanwhile, the Snail Tale Saga continues ...

Some Snails, still undecided what to do, just stood there, thinking about the next step.

But Melt-Melt, driven towards action, was crawling a bit to the strange object, but then stopped to observe it. It was something no Snail had ever seen before. It seemed to be made out of the same strangehardium material that the artificial "Branch" you were on was made. It reached up and out of the branch that was connected to the Abyssal Depths, and on its top there was a sort of cross. And on one side there was something like a console, covered with strange glowing patterns.

While Melt-Melt made all that observations, the Ambernite focussed on the strange whisper he could hear in his mind. At first it didnt make sense, it was just random words, but then the whisper became clearer and the Ambernite understood. Something, someone was waking up!
    "Whaaaats ... thiiis? Why ..... why .... you haaaaave awaaakeeeneeed ... the ... sleeeepeeer?!?"
    Whatever this creature was, it had the same ability as the snails and could speak over distance, only using his mind. And as it seemed, it had been sleeping for a long time and wasnt fully awake yet.

A. We Snails should decide together what to do next.
    B. Try to communicate with the unknown creature
    C. Try to manipulate the ancient device.

If anyone wants to join this, you could play as the Black Snail, or could create a snail of any other color. But 5 players is maximum, for it becomes too complicated with more.