RPG - THE PLANE OF TERROR !!!

LvBLvB
edited September 21 in Sagas
So, its time for another RPG, but this one wont be too complex or too long.
And since it is this time of the year, it will have a halloweeny setting!

What is the Plane of Terror?
Basically it is a really large city made of gigantic towers on the LOST ISLAND, which is located in the MAELSTRÖEM OCEAN.
The City itself has THE CATACOMBS, deep under the city filled with eternal darkness. Those living here mostly want to get out of them, but for some this is the perfect place for darkest plans and plots.
Above the catacombs are THE SLUMS, which are build around the base of the really large Towers. Its always foggy wet and gloomy in the slums. Those who live in the Slums strive for a better live.
Then on the base of the Towers there is the COMMONS QUARTER. The Bases of the Towers are connected by Bridges with houses on the Bridges Side. Most of them are content with what they have but some are really ambitious and want to live as high in the tower as possible.
Then, inside the THE TOWERS lives a mix of diffrent people, but what they all have in common, is that they have more money than those below them. You will find all sorts of merchants, criminals and zealots here, always trying to get more money and influence.
The top of the Tower, THE HIGH PEAK is for the nobility, but Nobility just means they are more powerful than others, not really noble. They are constantly plotting against each other trying to destroy their rivals.
And on the Top of each Tower is a large artificial Plateau, THE SKYFOREST, where Trees or Food is grown. This area is quite peaceful and only some peaseants live here, but from time to time, since this area is most exposed to magical radiation, monsters will appear out of knowwhere or strange Mutations turn people or plants into monsters. If this happens, the most dangerous creatures ever seen can be found here.

The Towers itself are connected with the other towers by bridges. If you look up from the slums, it will seem like a Spiderweb made out of bridges. And since THE PLANE OF TERROR is very old, there are a lot of secret entrances or hallways that connect parts of the city, if you know how to find them.

The inhabitants of the city are a mix of all creatures and species. You can find almost anything there! From time to time even portals open randomly and transport another inhabitant into the city. And since its a halloweeny plane, each of them is more or less scary.

Want to be part of this RPG, then:
- Create a card for a character that you will play in this RPG
- Create a card that represents one of the parts of the Plane of Terror (BOLD WORDS, see above) , this is where your character will start this RPG.

Comments

• So the Plane of Terror is simply a slightly different, more dark and scary version of New Capenna, am I right?
  • LvBLvB
    edited September 22
    Well, both are a city. But New Capenna has technology and is quite modern. The Plane of Terror is more medieval und the most advanced technology there is called "magic".

Something a bit like this. (Quickndirty AI Picture)
    The lower parts like the slums are hidden in the Fog.

• This is my character, a peasant from the Skyforest:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/uliyana-skyforest-native-1
  • Are there restrictions on cmc?
  • edited September 22
    Actually I will assume it is 3 cmc since that is my natural inclination - but I think you should clarify before someone drops a 7 cmc creature if that is something you don't want to influence your story.

well RIP my premium membership but here we are I guess - Johanas, the White Saint from The Slums

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/johanas-the-white-saint?list=user
  • Theres no restriction on how much mana your character costs. But i will make sure that enemies are at your powerlevel, to keep it fair. So if someone makes an overpowered 15 mana creature, expect the enemies to be that powerful too.
    Oh and since you both made human peasants, character doesnt have to be human, can be of any race.
  • Can I join the RPG?
  • Can I post this Card in here just for some feedback?
  • edited September 24

Pearl is from the High Tower, and was transported from a distant plane without a name
  • Also yes, I mainly make OP cards. No judge, please.
  • And if im allowed to join the rp, Pearl is from the high tower
  • Also, quick question, how do we play the RPG?
  • Also balloonnation I love your card  <3
  • You will see how this works. Its very easy, cause most of the time you will have to create cards ;)

-----

"As "Pearl on the Ocean floor" awoke, something was diffrent. She was sweating and couldnt move and she couldnt access her natural magical powers. Helpless she lay in her bed until a servant appeared. The servant said something but then she realized, she couldnt hear anymore. The servant shook her, but that didnt help. He ran away and some time later he came back with the Magistrus Medicus. The Medicus looked at her, lay its hand on her, then shook his head. She was left for some hours until the dreaded Corpsebearer and his minions appeared, put her in a coffin and transportet her away."

New Quest for Mellow_MC:
    Create either:
    A card that renders a creature helpless.
    A card that somehow refers to being buried alive.

-----

"As Ulyiana fell down, she could see her life like in a very fast memory. She had a good life, out in the nature, growing food and plants for those in the towers. Until that day when she saw that strange tree. It looked weird, but when the tree suddenly uprootet itself and ran towards her, that was even weirder. She didnt think of any danger, cause trees always were her friends, or so she thought, until the tree hit her with a mighty blow and send her flying over the ballustrade of the tower. It was a good life after all, she thought as the ground came closer and close ..."

New Quest for balloonnation:
    Create either:
    A card that creates a Treemonster.
    A card that tries to kill a creature by falling damage.

-----

"Johanas always was diffrent from the other slum dwellers. He felt it, that he was more, he was better, but that didnt make him arrogant or look down upon others. No, in fact he was liked by almost everyone for his friendly nature and cause he was always trying to help people improve their life. Until that day, when he heard a scream from above and as he looked up, he could see a creature falling down from one of the towers while it was screaming for its life."

New Quest for Tonysparks:
    Create either:
    A card that involves Johanas and helps other creatures
    A card that could change the fate of a creature.

-----

Optional Quest for everyone:
    Create both of the Quest cards, instead of only one.

• First Card:
  • Second Card:
  • @Mellow_MC Thanks!! Love your cards as well
  • Also something funny I was in school when I made the Bury card
  • Tonysparks are you still in the RP
  • @Tonysparks only waiting for you ^^
  • Can I join laaate?
  • Sure, welcome aboard.
    Make a card of a creature you want to play in this RPG and where it comes from. (Read Posting number #1)
  • If @Tonysparks doesn't post in like a day should we move on without them?

• Card I made for the RP
  • edited September 27

Here’s some backstory if you need it. Sorry about the length.

Blather: A horrifying, abused beast of the alleyways of the slums. When he finds corpses of any creature, he will graft it to himself and make himself stronger. He is terrified of humans because of his past. Blather is non-violent unless provoked and is very obedient to anyone who is kind to him. I want to put emphasis on obedient, as he is extremely clingy to kind people and will do just about anything for them. He also feels a sense of hopelessness, self loathing, depression and is prone to self harm if no one is there to comfort him. He has an overwhelming desire to be loved, or at least liked and will commonly ask things like “am I good enough?” Or “do you like me?”
  • Never mind the phyrexian subtype…