Emerald ronin A

@Snowyriver21

Stoneglade priest B

@cybernekit

Daydreaming student. B+

@CKNG

Marshland's fighter. C

• Week 10

Any card color of any card type of your choice.

Any mana cost.

But your card can't have any flavor text.

• @GeekBabe123
    As in just don't put flavor text on it, or make it so that you can't fit flavour text?
  • edited November 2017
  • edited November 2017
    @lujikul

No flavor text at all, no matter how much room you got.

• 100th comment
  • edited November 2017
    Entry for week 10:

• edited November 2017
  • edited November 2017
  • edited November 2017
  • edited November 2017
  • edited November 2017
    Week 10 grades

@tomigon

Ooze infiltrator A

@tenebrisnemo

Student of timelines A

@credius

Firebrand golem. B

@djayhero.

Heart of the forest. B

@zizick123

Makeshift abomination A

@cybernekit

Archmage mendalon B

@snowyriver21

Delayed destiny B

• Woooohoooooo!
  • edited November 2017
    Week 11

Custom mechanics

Chose 1

Green {g} and blue {u} creature with mitosis.

Activated ability Mitosis (if this creatures base toughness is two or greater, exile it. Then create two creature tokens that are copies of this creature, except they have a base power/toughness of X/X, where X is half the base power/toughness of exiled creature rounded down.). Created by grafratt01,
    Edited by tomigon.

Or

White {w} and blue {u} creature with equilibrium

Equilibrium (the same thing as suspend but better) just kidding

Activated ability Equilibrium (exile this card with 3 time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter on it. As long as there is no time counters on it, you may cast it without paying for it's mana cost any time you could cast an instant or sorcery.) created by suicidal diety, edited by tenebrisnemo.

• edited November 2017
    Thanks for picking the Mitotic/Mitosis(?) mechanic. It was originally made by @Gafratt01 btw. I only edited it.

Did you fix my wording? There's a few things I think you should know.

Mitotic is an activated ability, so "[Cost]" should be put in reminder as well(Like Embalm in Amonkhet-http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=426703)
    Also I put "base" before "toughness". If it doesn't say "base", 0/0 token can activate Mitotic ability as many times as you can if you control a permanent that pumps up your creature's toughness.

This is my wording.

Mitotic [Cost] ([Cost]: If this creature's base toughness is 2 or greater, exile it. Then create two creature tokens that are copies of the exiled creature except they have base power and toughness X/X, where X is half of the exiled creature's base toughness, rounded down.)
  • edited November 2017
    And Equilibrium is originally created by Suicidal_Deity. Wording is also fixed by me. It's also an activated ability, so [Cost] should be written in the reminder.

My wording
    Equilibrium N - [cost] ([cost]: Exile this card with N time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. As long as there are no time counters on it, you may cast it without paying its mana cost anytime you could cast an instant.)
  • edited November 2017
    Wouldn't be better if it was "Mitotic [N] (: If this creature's base toughness is [N] or greater, exile it. Then create [N] creature tokens that are copies of the exiled creature except they have base power and toughness X/X, where X is half of the exiled creature's base toughness, rounded down.)" ?
  • edited November 2017
    @CKNG
    I think it works, but it narrows the design space because the Mitotic cost is bounded by "N". You can't design the cost like "Mitotic - {2}, Discard a card" or "Mitotic - Pay an energy counter". Also "create N tokens" sounds very powerful.

@GeekBabe123
    Actually, Mitotic and Equilibrium were used in the recent Mechanix Challenge.
    http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/3156/mechanix-challenge-from-the-vault-1/p1
    So people might be bored. If you want another custom mechanics, you can check out here.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/TheMechanix
  • @GeekBabe123 Any chance we could get some feedback for our cards in the future? I've noticed a lot of my cards graded at B and only the occasional A, but I haven't the foggiest idea what I should be doing differently to create A-worthy cards.
  • @tomigon

I'll edit my post.
  • I'm sorry to all if I don't keep up to date on cardsmith activities as much as you do. I like mtg and mtg cardsmith but it is even hard enough for me to even stay up to date with recent mtg stuff because they've got ixalan out and I still use an eldrich moon set. And magic isn't the only thing I like, if you've seen my terribly made cards I also like Star Wars, Star Trek, and video games.
    I also like football (American),I watch it every Sunday which is what I'm doing right now. And I'm still in high school so I've plenty of homework. I will try better to keep up with cardsmith activities so I don't accidentally give credit to the rong person.
  • Disturbing how a guy like me is the teacher of this contest, confusing why I called this contest a school when all you do is make a card every week for it is more like a weekly challenge than any learning. Is this why I'm seeing so many weekly challenges contests out there?
  • it's a contest in the sense that it makes us work and grow along the way xD
  • Hey, quick question @Geekbabe123, but what was my grade last week?
  • edited November 2017
    @snowyriver21

Whoops!

Another thing to work on, double checking the grades.
This discussion has been closed.