COLONISERS: Season 5!!! (Colonisers of Mystik)

Comments

• May I request a description of the plane? Is it lush greens? Ethereal-y? W o t i s i t , f o o l ?
  • I’ll join tomorrow at the latest. I’m working on a Jeskai Noble faction.
  • @SammySammyson

It has a range of different biomes on the different islands, so go fish!

In general, though, it somewhat resembles England but with more mist.
  • I'll be doing the one thing I think you never, ever thought I could do:

Mono red.
  • Actually it may be Boros...
  • edited January 2020
    noice lol
  • I have already finished the cards for my faction, but it's pretty late rn so I'm gonna go sleep and put them here tomorow haha, maybe I'll add some more extras too since I only made 2
  • May make bonus cards, but here’s my base faction:

•Our leader, a defender of all brave and true, King of our space-based faction:

•Valis, our army’s leader, and a trained battlefield tactician. Their wings blast away enemies and inspire our legions.

•Our use of magic is more subtle. The throne of our people is embedded with controlling magic to bring order across our nation. It also replies enemies.

•We travel across space using a massive vessel that encapsulates our whole population. It houses 100,000 people. It brings order through fear to all who’ve witness it.

• @ThatOneCat

You didn't perhaps, say, get the inspiration for your faction from a Warhammer 40,000 faction, did you?
  • Faction name: The Acrean Empire (Capital of wich is Acrea, it's in it's home plane)

Reason for colonisation: They like power and control, also resources

Commander / Leader of the Colonisation Expedition: Anthea, World Bender
    The most powerful nymph from her plane, and one of the high leaders of her faction wich she is one of the founding members of, she has allways produced good results, and nymphs are a type of demigod in her plane, with all of that considered there are high expectasions of her, including the ones she has of herself.
    She's also one of the most controlling people on her faction's higherups, wich says something when her faction is all about control.

Army Soldier:
    Archons used to be angels that worked for another faction from this faction's plane, one ruled by gods and their worshippers; however the Acrean Empire defeated them, and has repurposed the angels into their own soldiers, putting them through a prosses called "sundering" that turns them into fully loyal archons with no sence of self by burning away their individuality, this also made them alligned with both red and white mana.
    Archons now make up most of the non-mage soldiers of the Acrean Army.

Magic User:
    Landmages are the most common type of mage in the Acrean Empire, they use the mana from the land itself to fuel their magic, both in tandom with the land, and to make it bend to their will, this makes them some of the most fearsome mages when properly trained for combat.

Expedition Vehicle:
    Dalaran is but one of the many flying cities in the Acrean Empire, and one that is so massive it could be considered it's own subcontinent even if it was still landlocked.
    Many resources have been allocated towards making it ready as a battleship for war and colonisation, with many civilians living in it along with the military, it's perfectly suited for a full planar colonisation and even the construction of interplanar gateways in the success of the expedition.

Extras:

I may make more extras later

Extra Extra: Keryn, Awakened Landmage
    This one isnt a card for the faction but it's related to it so I felt like showing him here would be approtpiate.
    Keryn used to be the perfect example of a mage that the Acrean Empire demanded for it's army, but after certain life events happened to him his sparked ignited, and his world was shook a bit, eventually he went rogue and is now working against Acrea; tho since Acrea is much bigger than him he does stop in other planes to rest from the issue a bit, also cause he's kind of an "Enemy Acrea" acording to Acrea, wich would translate into "An enemy of the people" haha.
    Also he used to work in the faction of the military that Anthea commands, so if he handnt gone rogue he would have most likelly been part of the colonisation efforts.
  • edited January 2020
    So right now we have:
    @Stryk3r with the Eldrakken Empire
    @Korandangels with the Paradise of Birds
    @spookoops with the Zealots of Ekisha
    Yours truly with the Endorsan Sovereignty
    @Aggroman15 with Skuleayr’s Crew
    @ThatOneCat with Ryeaous’ Nobles
    @Xero0 with The Acrean Empire
    @Bowler218 with Arma’s Rebels
    @Daedelus_The_All_Father with The Lost
    @DrakeGladis and the Banned Ones
    @Sammysammyson with the Soulless Ones
    (Feel free to correct me if I got something wrong)
  • edited January 2020
    @IzItTru

The nobles are being done by @ThatOneCat
    Also don't forget @Daedalus_The_All_Father
  • @IzitTru
    My faction is Arma's Rebels
  • @IzItTru I call them the "Lost", hence the Lost subtype.
    Edit: I like Citizens of Exile though.
  • edited January 2020
    For those of you who have seen @Revan 's Plane Ripped contest, my leader should be familiar... Pederan!
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/pederan-dark-mage
    I have had the idea of him being the leader for quite some time, but now it is official.

For my army, Pederan is the one in charge, however, the real question is recruitment. To this end, he is constantly conscripting. To represent this-
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/cemetary-recruitment

Pederan is not quite alone in his search for forbidden knowledge and powers. Other casters, abandoned and persecuted by their communities have come to him. They work on their own projects along with helping defend the lands they have claimed to work in.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/joshira-preemptive-protector

Throughout the years, in the territories claimed by the Banned Ones, many weird, haunted, and cursed items have shown up. These items have been put to use by the Banned to make life easier and safer for them. The Navy of the Banned is made up of ships like these
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/caleuche-1
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/the-flying-dutchman-11
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/naglfar-5
    Extras and another ship coming soon, along with a bit more story. Naglfar will be it's name.
  • @IzItTru
    The Banned Ones have started to arrive.
  • @DrakeGladis added em!

@Daedelus_The_All_Father do you want me to change the name?
  • @IzItTru Yes please. Calling them the Lost make it sound more like an organization than Citizens of Exile does.
  • edited January 2020
    Its Paradise of Birds.
  • the banned sounds funny haha
  • edited January 2020
    Uploading complete.

Legendary creature. Flair is the leader of the Soulless Ones, a frighteningly powerful militant group of knights without form. They do not possess a body, and merely walk around as empty shells of armor (and thus, possess no creature type other than Knight). The beings are mostly bound to red mana, but dip into white, or even black, on occasion.

image image

Army. The Soulless Ones are surprisingly emotional. They listen to Flair's orders blindly, but are filled with regret and guilt for their forest-razing actions.

image image

Magic. Though it is likely not surprising, the Soulless Ones are focused around fire-oriented magic. This tends to come out in bursts of anger and hatred on Flair's end...

Transportation. On the shores of a lush forest arrives a massive vessel, the color of flames. Its grand hull rests on the shore. Its presence is a looming threat. Its walls carry an army ready to slash down the forests of Mystik for its own benefit.

Additional cards. Sk'nr'zr is Flair's advisor. She is a corrupted individual who prophesied Flair's rising from the flames of her home plane long before he actually ascended. Now, she stands by his side, waiting for him to relieve her of her ill-gotten immortality—a promise he has made, but has yet to fulfill.

image imageimage image image
  • @SammySammyson

Extreme noiceness!
  • edited January 2020
    noice
    and what are they?
    as in, species wise or whatever
    are they just souls bound to armor?
    or minds bound to armor?
  • @SammySammyson I’m confused my tamer of beasts. Who is Knightwing?
  • nightwing as in, dick grayson? haha
  • the man with the butt
    lmao
This discussion has been closed.