Mechanix Challenge - Twenty Seven

2»

Comments

• @TenebrisNemo
    What do you think about this idea:
    Forge N Swords. (Create N colorless Equipment artifact tokens with "Equipped creature gets +1/+0" and equip {1}.)
    Forge N Shields. (Create N colorless Equipment artifact tokens with "Equipped creature gets +0/+1" and equip {1}.)
  • @Tomigon
    I agree that is a good idea. But I do think the base forge mechanic should still apply.
  • @Tomigon - That's a brilliant idea!
  • @TenebrisNemo
    I'll add them to the list!

@modnation675
    Yeah, I don't remove original version.

Thanks for your feedback!
  • edited April 2018
    My next entry...

I included Clash to double dip for the clash contest along with...

Mine by Gafratt01/ TezzeretofCarmot21 's version

Bloom by Teacup/ modified by me.

• Here I'm dropin my whole load off for this contest.

#1 & #2
    imageimage

#3 & #4
    imageimage

#5 & #6
    imageimage

#7 & #8
    imageimage

#9 & #10
    imageimage

#11 & #12
    imageimage
  • edited April 2018
    I think this stretching the concept, but I made a planeswalker using the concepts of the mechanix, but they obviously don't have keywords on them, so if doesn't count that's okay. Thought I'd share what I did either way, as I am going post it in a contest where it fits for sure.

The first ability is modeled after Meander by Dechujoh64 , just not named such.
    The second ability is Flood by MagicalMagic in all but name.
  • This challenge ends tomorrow at this time!
  • edited April 2018
    Here's one using Rig by Dechujoh64 (renamed Mimic.)

The art and character are taken from Dragon's Crown. Aegis is a mechanic I often used I came up with. (or coined a term rather for.) Aegis N (Whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, that player pays {N} or the effect is countered.)

Made one for Flood by MagicalMagic, I added extra words just keep the text from running into the walls for the flood effect.
  • edited April 2018
    Archive by @Alchemist

• @sorinjace

Thanks for your entry! But I'm afraid that's not how you use action words. I think "When Aviator Archivist enters the battlefield, archive 3." is what you want to do. Please check out example cards or gamepedia if you don't get it.
    Also the last ability should say "Tap another untapped Bird creature you control."
  • edited April 2018
    I randomly signed on to the forums for the first time in over a year, and saw this! Wow. Just for the record, I still like my version of cache ;) "You may draw from your cache instead of from the top of your library. You may look at cached cards at any time." It enables less "top of library shenanigans" and thus makes it a more safely printable action.

I guess I'll make an entry for old times' sake!
  • Thanks @Tomigon edited my entry.
  • edited April 2018
    Final edit.

• Man, all my cards got deleted, but I still remember my first cache card. It was a green spin on Dark Confidant

Nature's Confidant
    {1}{G}
    Creature - Elf Druid
    At the beginning of your upkeep, cache the top card of your library.
    You may play land cards from your cache.
    2/1
  • @fabiocbinbutter
    Welcome back! :D
    And thanks for your entry!
  • Oh No! @fabiocbinbutter got purged!!!
    Welcome back!
  • edited April 2018
    It's time to announce the winners!!!

Honorable mentions

Journeying Faraway Worlds by @modnation675
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/journeying-faraway-worlds?list=user
    ^This is the craziest cycling cost I've ever seen! XD I like the idea, but probably it wouldn't work, because cached cards are face-down and opponents don't know what you are looking at. But I like the group hug effect. And cycling would be what I want when everyone has enough lands.

Tidewater Archivist by @KrampisZman
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/tidewater-archivist?list=user
    ^Simple and flavorful, and I like the creature type! Elegant card!

Watcher of Cherry Blossoms by @TenebrisNemo
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/watcher-of-cherry-blossoms?list=user
    ^Sight+Clash is a genius idea!
    XD

- 3rd place!
    "Rilap Sloof, Fairy Trickster" by @Lastjustice

^Using an action keyword isn't easy.. Using two action keywords and making a balanced and interesting card is even more difficult. And I think you did a good job on this one!

- 2nd place!!
    "Octopus Garden" by @Teacup

^I think you got the card idea from the Beatle's song, but actually I like the "Seafloor=bottom of your library" idea! And the part that it changes the type of mana it produces is interesting!

- 1st place!!!
    "Suriel, Twisted Soul" by @Beck

^Wow! Very interesting mechanic! Also you used the advantage of keywording very well; you don't need to tell the same reminder text twice. Even the card's effect is complex, texts fit in the box and the card looks neat.

Thanks to all participants! Also special thanks to @Dechujoh64 for making four action keywords that we used in this challenge. I'll comment on all of your submissions.

• edited April 2018
    Yes I am Fairy proud of myself. (gets booed) I realized something though, I made a mistake as I typed that terrible pun I noticed I used the common spelling for the word Faerie. I didn't use the correct spelling for magic cards. I just edited for the card, but it's immortalized in the hall of fame the original way I spelled it. Thanks for hosting the contest Tomigon, and throwing some love my way. And to everyone who created a mechanic and a card.
  • @Lastjustice
    I edited Hall of Fame!
  • Thanks for keeping me out of the hall of shame...for magic spelling of words.
  • Prizes are delivered!

This challenge is closed.

This discussion has been closed.