An Artifice of Aristocrats - The Tourney

Comments

• @modnation675
    No, there's actually a bunch.
  • A lot of older white cards destroy enchantments, but seems like nowadays white gets artifact or enchantment removal(Decommission, Fragmentize)
  • edited June 2017
    I know, I was just being humorous about it being a common instant speed AOE that could be free.

Woah, thats a lot of words! XD
  • Looks like Alanis, Natural Leader has been declared winner. I'll get to making the new bracket at once. 2 notes on that:

1: Can someone else please provide the images? Getting the images of the cards takes a lot of time, and though my time has opened up a bit, I'm still pretty busy.

2: I don't want to remake the past bracket, so I hope you don't mind if I start the new bracket from this round. If you really want me to, I still can, but I'd prefer to start with this round.
  • edited June 2017
    image VERSUS image image VERSUS image

• edited June 2017
    My challengers need contact lenses, they keep fighting against each other ! X)
  • Image Brackets Posted

• Vote for Bracket 1: Mariana of the White Rose
    Vote for Bracket 2: Ghoulcaller Warlock
    Vote for Bracket 3: ABSTAIN
    Vote for Bracket 4: Sisel, Hunter of the Wilds
    Vote for Bracket 5: Loamhold Champion
    Vote for Bracket 6: Shanta, Silent Sister
    Vote for Bracket 7: Markus, Phalanx Captain
    Vote for Bracket 8: ABSTAIN
  • edited June 2017
    Vote for Bracket 1: Mariana of the White Rose
    Vote for Bracket 2: Forga Rade
    Vote for Bracket 3: Ser Gareth
    Vote for Bracket 4: Scholar of the Unforseen
    Vote for Bracket 5: EDITED ABSTAIN
    Vote for Bracket 6: Alanis
    Vote for Bracket 7: Markus, Phalanx Captain
    Vote for Bracket 8: Northwatch Veterans
  • Vote for Bracket 1: ABSTAIN
    Vote for Bracket 2: ABSTAIN
    Vote for Bracket 3: Ser Gareth
    Vote for Bracket 6: Alanis
    Vote for Bracket 7: Markus
    Vote for Bracket 8: Northwatch
  • Vote for Bracket 1: Garu, Mastr of the Forbidden
    Vote for Bracket 2: Ghoulcaller Warlock
    Vote for Bracket 3: Insidious Tag Team
    Vote for Bracket 6: Alanis, Natural Leader
    Vote for Bracket 7: Markus, Phalanx
    Vote for Bracket 8: Drayton, Merciless Soulblade
  • @Corwinnn
    You voted against Forga... your head's on the list.
  • @Faiths_Guide
    LoL, That was seriously the toughest one to decide!
  • @Corwinnn
    You should've asked me, I could've helped! XD
  • @Faiths_Guide
    Oooo! Next time I will!
    XD
  • Anymore votes? Or I will judge tomorrow.
  • 1. ABSTAIN
    2. Forga Rada
    3. Tag team
    4. ABSTAIN
    5. Eradicator priest
    6. Shanta
    7. Markus
    8. Drayton
  • @Gelectrode and atleast I personally abstained from voting brackets that had my cards in them, since I felt like that would be show of good sportsmanship. But I am pretty sure that voting your own cards is not against the rules.
  • edited June 2017
    @Glasseschan, thanks for saying that. I voted initially because I was unfamiliar to how everybody else was voting, but when I saw that everybody voting abstained from voting on their own cards, I pulled out my vote. I am sorry if I gave te impression that I have poor sportsmanship.

Just for reference, here is why I voted for Loamhold Campion:

• Eradicator Priest is a very strong card that is certainly overpowered. It is clean (if temporary) removal supported by a hefty 4/4 body that probably has protection from most of your opponents spells.Think Thought-Knot seer except harder to kill and harder to recover from.

• Not only can Erasicator priest kill creatures, but it can also get any non land permanent. This would make it much more dangerous and effective.

• I like to judge composite cards by looking at their components. Eradicator priest would be a combination of Oblivion Ring plus Watchwolf plus a restricted Pentiarch Ward. That's 8 mana and 3 cards reduced into 1 4-mana card. Quite powerful in my opinion.

I hope that helps!
  • @Gelectrode and I hope that you didnt feel like I was accusing you of bad sportsmanship, since that wasnt my intention.

I also want to compare Eradicator Priest to recently printed card from Amonkhet, Angel of Sanctions. Both of them are oblivion rings with bodies with some differences.
    Eradicator Priest: costs 1 less mana, protection.
    Angel of Sanctions: +0/+1, flying, embalm.
    So yeah, we can see that oblivion ring with a body and some benefits is something that Wizards print at a similar manacost. But I also want to point out that the protection ability makes Eradicator Priest to be harder to remove, and that makes the Oblivion Ring part stronger, so Eradicator Priest would be probably balanced at 5 mana.

Judging cards by their components is not wrong, but when so similar card is printed by wizards, it is easier to judge cards by setting that card as a base level, and then figure out pros and cons.

Also, Gelectrode, Eradicator Priest is 3/3, not 4/4( pretty sure that is just a typo though, since you talk about watchwolf being one of Eradicator Priest' components, and Watchwolf is a 3/3)

Well Eradicator Priest has atleast succeeded in making people discuss about it
  • @Glasseschan, excellent point with Angel of Sanctions. But I do agree with you that Eradicator Priest should be 5 cmc.

Yep, the 4/4 was a typo. I corrected it initially, but my computer blipped out and the edit wasn't saved.

@Beeswax will probably like our discussion
  • edited June 2017
    Vote for Bracket 1: Garu, Mastr of the Forbidden
    Vote for Bracket 2: ABSTAIN
    Vote for Bracket 3: Insidious Tag Team
    Vote for Bracket 6: ABSTAIN
    Vote for Bracket 7: Markus, Phalanx
    Vote for Bracket 8: Drayton, Merciless Soulblade
  • @MrRansom
    Voted for yourself you sly dog.