Villainy *Circuit Challenge*

Comments

• edited April 2020
    Kaheer untraceable
  • edited April 2020
  • edited April 2020
  • @raggeder - Seeing as you're new to the circuit challenges, I'll drop a few pointers here for you. 

1. Create to the strength of the theme - The theme here is Non-Black Villain Cards. Make sure it's obviously a Villain. If it's not apparent, provide back story.
    2. Formatting can be the difference - Often cards are evenly matched, so then the judge will nitpick to see who gets the edge. This can be anything from using the right frame, to spelling, use of space in the text box and everything in-between. 

I don't typically give advice on how I specifically judge a card but every once in a while I like to help out our new people! On your card I would like to see a Legendary Frame, The word "Untraceable" should be capitalized, and the picture/name/flavor of the card don't convey that this is a Villain in an obvious manner.

The mechanics of the card are up to you, but they should fit any back story you provide or fit the flavor of the card. The mechanics of your card are incomplete.

Here is an example of a challenge card I made for a different contest. 
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/kren-the-sly
    Since it's an existing character most will not be familiar with, I provided lore that explains the flavor of the card, and why it does what it does. Notice too, the comments on the card in Disqus, and how I was able to get advice and use it to improve my card.

Hope this helps
  • Corwinnn Just for the judging thing, would it make sense to go back and put the legendary frame on my card, since I forgot?
  • @pjbear2005 - If it's a contender, then that would be a nitpick on cards that were evenly matched, so it's really up to you.
  • Just a few more days remain!
  • edited April 2020

Meet Alice, she is a despised queen, and her city's only judge.
    She has imprisoned anyone who has ever questioned her authority
    or attempted to overthrow her. No matter how innocent a person may
    be, if she doesn't like them for any reason, they will be guilty before even
    entering the courtroom.
  • Third Entry:
    One of the guildless, he takes advantage of the chaos during War of the Spark to destroy whatever he lays his hands on, just for the fun of it.
  • edited April 2020
    Kruld The SlayerDrago Hell RebornThe Eternal Flame
  • @joemamajoe The contest is based around the idea of how villainy can be shown in colors other than black, so the entries aren't supposed to use black. As a result, Janaka probably isn't a viable entry.
  • edited April 2020
    @MemoryHead, @joemamajoe - None of them are
  • edited April 2020
    Kazu the Awakener

Okay, I’ll explain this character a little bit :smile:

I explain in the flavor text and the first ability how Kazu despises the development of the civilizations in her world. The second ability shows her power to summon elementals, and she does this to destroy all of the enchantments and artifacts made by civilization.
  • edited April 2020

• sorry about my other ones

• edited April 2020
    can i change. like upload 4 new ones?

• edited April 2020
    Sphinx Visionary
  • Final entry
    This dude has a plan to destroy all land life.
  • For some reason I lost the ability to edit the above post, here's the updated image:

• @Faiths_Guide
    For some reason or another there is now a 1 hour deadline for editing posts and comments
  • image Remake of my first entry.
  • @Fantastickill7
    Wow, that is really short.
  • image Spooky sand guy
  • edited April 2020
    My second entry:
  • edited April 2020

My second entry:

Essentially he is the anti-black god of a cycle of gods I am making. He lets humans slave and make sacrifices for him, building him giant monuments, so on so forth. But he despises all humans (Just like the rest of the cycles gods) and plans to have them exterminated so that his angels can rule the plane.
  • I would like to replace my first entry with this.
    "I see you as weeds, and all weeds must be cut down!" - Saolosis, Nature's Gardener
  • Entries 1-3:

This discussion has been closed.