To Become King

Comments

• Be friends with Janti and he gives you free stuff!
    Isn't that bribery?You may ask!
    Not when Janti does it!
  • Why be given when you can take? >:)
  • RUN JANTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BWAHWHAHAHAHAHA
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Yeah.... @LordTachanka123 are you gonna actually post some cards or just spam useless messages? 
  • edited April 2020
    Contender:

Full Name: Lyse Shadowsworn (formerly Lyse Augusta Hydael)
    Race: Half-demon (formerly human)
    Skills: Wizardry, demonic-physiology
    Weaknesses: A bit chaotic and sometimes overconfidant
    Traits: Actually a cunning warlock beneath the crazy surface
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Lyse, the 3rd ruler of Solstria, preceded a particular elder dragon who once visited the plane only to commit mass murder, genocide, and turned the once a lively and peaceful kingdom into a mass graveyard. Lyse herself is a warlock who gained power through a pact with a powerful archdemon. The demon also in turn wants sacrifices in the form of souls for once a while to keep it satisfied.

Race: Undead (formerly elf)
    Skills: Wizardry
    Weaknesses: Physically not so much stronger than an old man
    Traits: Calm and collected, actually professional in his work
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

The once an elf archwizard who turned himself into a lich, to keep himself alive and doing his duty to watch over the throne and its ruler. He's also often giving advices about how to efficiently ruling the kingdom who has not much of its living citizens left. Although the shambling undeads that are never truly rest can be controlled through necromancy to do menial works and guard duties for the current ruler of course.

A notable relic that is often be used for scrying purposes and erasing the memories of the poor souls that are under scrutiny of the relic's user. Currently in the possession of the Dark Vizier himself.
  • The merchant ship was riding low in the waters when it was first spotted.  The captain, seeing what was coming after them, had attempted to lighten the load by tossing overboard all nonessentials...  To no avail.  The Court of Seas was the fastest ship in the waters, and that wasn't about to change any time soon.
    The ship was littered with bodies, and the survivors huddled in a group as the pirate crew ransacked the ship in search of any valuables.  One of the crew stumbled out of the captains quarters, dragging someone else behind him.  
    "Did you find the log?", queried the pirate captain.
    "Not yet," the deckhand responed, "But I did find this guy, hiding under the bed."
    The guy in question appeared to be dressed in the outfit of a Riyin Guard.  He was trembling with fear, probably a hapless new initiate.
    "A Riyin Guard?  And what possible buisness could a Guard have so far away from his king?  Don't tell me the old bugger up and died?"  The entire crew laughs at this.
    The young guard cleared his throat:  "Actually... Yes.  He has sent his guards out posthumously to invite others of noble station to a competition.  Winner gets the throne."
    "Indeed?  And who was your invitation going to?"  The grin on the pirate captains face would have traumatized even the bravest man, and alas, the guard was not of that nature.  
    "Umm...Regin-nald of the E-E-Einrich..." He managed to stammer out, as the air around him was filled with a foul stench.  He had voided both bowels and bladder, and at the sight of so many teeth on a sentient being, who was to blame him?
    "Hmmm...  I think that that invitation might be slightly diverted... But you have some good news to tell your king."  He leaned right over the hapless Guardsman.  "I accept his gracious invitation"
    "H-how can I tell him?  He's in the afterlife, Gods rest his soul."
    "Aye, perchance you'll meet him there."
    The body shuddered as the sword was thrust into it, and then was pulled out with a sickening slurping sound.  The thud of the body hitting the planks was audible, and as Derian strode away, the grin on his face lessened not one bit.
    "Find me that invitation men!  First choice on plunder to the one who brings it to me!"

• edited April 2020
    I am actually going to post cards.
    In all fairness I was doing what PJ said we should do, trying to make friends.
  • edited April 2020
    As Court of Seas came into dock, guards immediatly swarmed out to meet them.  Although Reginald was slightly later than expected, they didn't suspect a lick of trickery.  Some things couldn't be avoided, weather was one of those.  The men formed up in a crisp, precise line, standing at attention for the visiting dignitary.  As Derian disembarked, though, the guards realized that he wasn't their honored guest.
    "Halt!" demanded the commander, a fairly large man in his own right.  Derian would have ignored this, but for the spear he found pointed at his throat.
    "Is there some issue here..." Derian scanned the man, looking for some sort of rank identifier. "Major?"
    "You bet there is!  This dock is reserved for the bearer of invitation #47, Lord Reginald of Einrich.  And I don't know who you are, but you are most certainly not him."
    "You are correct that I am not Reginald, but I do bear said invitation.  It is right here."  From his map case, Derian pulled out the invitation he had stolen from the messenger aboard the ship, and handed it over to the major, who glanced over it to assure himself that it was genuine.
    "If you do indeed bear Reginald's invitation, you either stole it, or were passed it on by him.  If he passed it on, then he would have certainly given you a letter of some sort to assure us of your authenticity.  I'll be seeing that too if you please."
    Derian nodded thoughtfully.  "Fortunately I do have such a letter.  One second if you please."  He fumbled in his map case again, this time pulling out  a curled up letter, marked with the seal of Einrich.  It had a small, red stain on the bottom of it, which was shown very prominently when he handed it over.  The major again glanced through it, and nodded. 
    "Well, thank you.  This clears up everything.  A pity that his ink spilled on this; it nearly made the signature illegible.  Enjoy the contest."
    The crew all burst out laughing at that, and the guard looked puzzled by this response.  
    "That isn't ink, major.  That's the good lords lifeblood.  Much more personal than a signature and quite a bit more final.  Oh, here's one more paper for you."  From his map case he pulled a final piece of parchment, and tossed it to the major, who caught it reflexively, dropping his spear in the process.  "It's our diplomatic immunity papers.  You might be needing to reference them a good bit, so don't loose them."
    The entire crew and Derian laughed again at this, then headed towards the palace, leaving the poor major very confused and worried.
  • Thanks for showing us all up.
  • We have 10 people, so I should be starting within a couple days. I'll give anyone who wants to enter the chance to do so by Sunday, 12pm EST
  • YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • @LordTachanka123 Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude by any means, but your messages were sorta confusing, they did look like just spam...
  • No problem dude.
  • Janti disembarks from his vessel, Jazmyn by his side.No guard dares to get 3 feet in front of the small king, as it is common knowledge that the kitsune royalty are the best sword fighters in all the land.
    Not that Jazmyn isn't intimidating.
    As Janti approaches the gates, a small officer walks up to him, bravely.
    "Um, Sir, we need to see your papers, please..."
    "Of course!"Janti replies quite pleasantly, handing them over.
    As the officer start to hand him his papers back, Janti draws his sword.
    "AHH!Don't hurt me sir!Please!"
    "Why would I hurt you?I was just going to knight you for your bravery, compared to your companions."
    The other soldiers burst out laughing, and Janti gives a sly smile.
    As Janti and Jazmyn begin to enter, one of the soldiers slowly approaches Jazmyn.
    "Umm...  I was just wondering... uh..."
    "If I would give a (beaver) dam to your existence?"
    The soldiers start laughing again, and Janti sighs.
    The two of them enter the gates.
  • Not trying to show y'all up.  Practice for Colonizers, and legit creative writing for a grade.  You don't have to it if you don't want to, and I apologise for appearing to be attempting to show you up.
  • I was joking about that, sorry.
    I was trying to imply that your a good writer!
  • Oh, thanks.
    Not too bad yourself.
  • Thanks.
    It was a challenge, as I HATE writing in the present tense.
  • Well, you don't have to for this.  Write it past-tense, perhaps as a log entry.  Or do it entirely as conversation.  I have seen plenty of creative writing styles on this platform from colonizers, among others.
  • edited April 2020
    I hope it's not too late...

Contender:

Race: Human
    Weaknesses: Gets cocky when the battle is in his favor, family.
    Traits: Calm and collected, physically and mentally strong, taught in the ways of Ancestral Commune, trained with many different weapons.
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Amos Tai is the young but exceptionally good general of Zhong Xian, after his father, Aois Tai, died in the War of the Abyss. Though he is very strong both physically and mentally, he had many family issues which included a divorce and rejection of his honor at the Trail of Honor. He was rejected by his own father. He joined the War of the Abyss to prove himself to his father, but when he returned and learned his father had died, he broke. He never trained, though his natural power of Ancestral Commune activated a bond between him and his father. He soon rejoined the military and went back up the ranks, though he was still scarred by his rejection. He joined the tournament to get more territory for Zhong Xian 

Sponsor:

Race: Human
    Weaknesses: Cannot interact with anything other than his son.
    Traits: Calm and collected, mentally strong, taught in the ways of Ancestral Commune, trained with many different weapons, can fight as Amos or channel his power through him.
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Aois Tai was a high born noble in Zhong Tai, and joined the military when he was 18, the lowest possible age, and married at 26. He had a son and a daughter, and, before the divore, taught them Xian Arts (a fighting style) and Ancestral Commune. When he rejected his son at the Trail of Honor, his wife divorced him, ashamed. He wanted her as his wife again, and enlisted in the War of the Abyss. Unbeknownst to him, his son also enrolled for a similar reason. He died when fighting Arham himself, and died with much respect from Arham as well. He received his planeswalking skills when he died. His death caused Arham's distraction, which ended him. After, Aois found his way back to the Material Plane and waited for Amos' (accidental) call.
    Relic:

Current possessor: Amos tai
    Previous Possessor: Aois Tai

A keepsake in the Tai family for generations upon generations, the mask and sword were crafted from the bones of a great dragon, whose name is long forgotten. These bones were extremely strong, could channel the power of it's predecessors, and could make it almost impossible to be stolen from the Tai family.

Do people even read these?

Edit: Credit to Tommia for the guidelines for the characters.
  • @pjbear2005 Still accepting entries? 
  • Until sunday.
  • And yes, I read them.
  • FangQuil Yes, still open

@The-DM I read them, they play into the points system, which I will now explain.

The Point System
    Each Category can add up to 3 points, each card can get up to 15 points

-Balance
    -Flavor of your card, and story around it.
    -Correct Wording and Formatting
    -Creative and Fun Abilities, or ideas
    -Art (Artist Credit doesn't matter except for tiebreakers.
  • Also, fight scenes will be involved! Once the story develops into it, I will write it, and some people may be able to if it ties into the story correctly.